Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
    May it be filled with joy, health, and happiness for all of you!

Hubby and I got back from our Peru trip yesterday around noon, what an exciting adventure! We almost slept through the countdown last night and are still recovering. But we had a wonderful time and met some amazing people.

Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and had a good start in the new year and that everybody returned home safely.

Am off trying to catch up with all your posts and the interviews and news posted on the net, especially Amanda's interview!

Can't wait for Friday's new ep, amazing how time flies!

Take care everybody!

Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah, void was fun. Eva ( i think that's her name) is different from sam. the only thing they have in common is being brilliant...oh and a wormhole
      There are a few times AT has played brilliant scientists. That doesn't make them all the same. That's like saying McKay and Carter are the same.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        Happy New Year !
        Peace and happiness for all of you in 2006 !

Sorry if I've been a little out of the Samandan loop lately. I was working on a little project with January 1st as the deadline.

Many of you have been happy with the advent calendar and asked me for a full year one. So, here's my little present for 2006, a SG1 calendar with UK and US versions for the beginning of the week. No new characters on this one, not that I don't want to play with them, but I needed high quality pictures and couldn't find any for season 9 episodes.

Cover

UK version:

January
        February
        March
        April
        May
        June
        July
        August
        September
        October
        November
        December

US version:

January
        February
        March
        April
        May
        June
        July
        August
        September
        October
        November
        December

Now, I'm going to catch up with the thread.
        Lys, an amazing piece of work! Thanks so much for starting off the new year on such a positive note! Love the creativity and themes of each month!

Kudos!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
          May it be filled with joy, health, and happiness for all of you!

Hubby and I got back from our Peru trip yesterday around noon, what an exciting adventure! We almost slept through the countdown last night and are still recovering. But we had a wonderful time and met some amazing people.

Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and had a good start in the new year and that everybody returned home safely.

Am off trying to catch up with all your posts and the interviews and news posted on the net, especially Amanda's interview!

Can't wait for Friday's new ep, amazing how time flies!

Take care everybody!

Dani
          Dani, great to have you back! Hope you can share some of your Peru adventures/photos with us at Samanda while we wait for S9 to restart!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Dani, great to have you back! Hope you can share some of your Peru adventures/photos with us at Samanda while we wait for S9 to restart!
            I second that, Dani!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              One doesn't have to be a bloke to appreciate that spectacular back

Meanwhile, I really must get my hands on this film by the sounds. I've been a little scared that it would irritate me because the character is too close to Carter. Anyone got a thought on that?

The movie was a bomb but Amanda's character and her chemistry with Adrian Paul is well worth viewing! Once again, she did a fine job with a mediocre script and it was so neat to see her in a more emotionally vulnerable position and expressing her feelings. (Sorry, I can't include the path less traveled that she took in S7-8 with you-know-who.) I thought that her intimate scenes with AP were quite well played.

Did everyone notice that her blind neighbor was played by Kirsten Robek who played the doomed Lt. Astor in Divide and Conquer? I thought that was neat too.

Comment

By the way. I mentioned the other day about maybe producing a DVD in addition to the Book, for one of the conventions. You know, with vids that some of the talented among the Samandans have made. Any feedback on the idea?

Chopin!!!!
                *Jumps up and down, runs round excitedly, pounces on Chopin*
                Helloooooooooooo!!!!!
                *Composes self, then retrieves key from under jelly bean jar, to give Chopin a drink*
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  By the way. I mentioned the other day about maybe producing a DVD in addition to the Book, for one of the conventions. You know, with vids that some of the talented among the Samandans have made. Any feedback on the idea?

Chopin!!!!
                  Helloooooooooooo!!!!!
                  *Composes self, then retrieves key from under jelly bean jar, to give Chopin a drink*
                  My goodness, Royal Bartender, thanks for the hearty welcome back and the New Year's drink!

A toast to Samanda - long may we thrive!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../WhiteWine.jpg

Comment

Dream!Sam (Grace Under Pressure)
                    My version of Dream!Sam....on second thoughts its probably better if I dont go there
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Chopin!!!!
                      Helloooooooooooo!!!!!
                      if folks can send me the vids i can make a dvd. i have dvd authoring stuff at work. I have zero talent/patience to make a video myself, but can assemble stuff.

presuming htat works, just let me know and i'll let y'all know formats and the such
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have love Sam from Number one.

This is my fave Carter line;

CARTER: I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle.
                        tek ma'tek

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Whoa. I see there's been "activity" here and not of the happy, positive kind.
                          And this is a problem because ... ?
                          Some of us aren't feeling too many "happy, positive" feelings about S10 at the moment, whether it's because of the way some of the actors were treated (I notice that Shanks seemed to be telling TPTB not to assume his participation) or because of the shoehorning of A Certain Character into the show or ... but why go on? I'm sure you get my drift.
                          Not incidentally, I see that the Grand Poobah of Smilies has already added a Vala one after a mere seven episodes, an honorific that Doc Fraiser didn't get despite seven fracking seasons on SG-1. Sigh! Some people sure are fickle.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Ok, no offence to Pete fans (hey, I didn't mind the character myself) but he looks like a monkey in that pic...
                            Geez, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Either that or DdL is trying to "do Brando" and failing rather miserably.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                              Not incidentally, I see that the Grand Poobah of Smilies has already added a Vala one after a mere seven episodes, an honorific that Doc Fraiser didn't get despite seven fracking seasons on SG-1. Sigh! Some people sure are fickle.
                              wallpaperman is the guy who made all the smiles. maybe if you nicely e-mailed/pm'd him and asked him to please make a janet one? I doubt it was a purposeful omission, rather just something that slipped through the cracks.

i mean, he also only made a ship one that looks like sam and jac but didn't accomodate every other pairing so janet isn't the only one left out
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

By the way, I'll take Adrian Paul, if no one else wants him.
                                i like adrian paul too. in fact, i really liked amanda's and adrian's chemistry together. *finally*, someone of amanda's gorgeousness factor being paired up with her! rda and adrian are the only two men i've seen that are up to amanda's level of attractiveness. (shallow enough, am i?) but when you have a woman of amanda's beauty, pairing her up with less than hunks just seems... wrong, on some babe+dud=boring factor. amanda+rick and amanda+adrian are babe+stud=yeah baby. (i really AM superficial )

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X