Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Thanks, jckfan55. I just finished posting the final chapter, also. It may take a few minutes to show up, but it's done.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2615836/1/

Got a chance to read it---nice fic--nice ending! Sidenote: I like how you write the early Daniel --it was nice to see Daniel and Sam so close in your story. I still like the sam/daniel friendship in later seasons, but there was something so sweet about them in the early seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      To All Samandans, new and old
      Whether near or whether far
      Happy holidays and warm winter dreams
      Wherever you are!

I'm leaving now for the soggy and stormy Pacific Northwest but will try to stop in next week if I can! Keep the home fires burning and be kind to each other!

Jester

YIKES! You'll be in my neck of the woods! Should I be afraid? It's all nice and RAINY here. You'll just love it!
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        let's say that sam gets headaches. like who doesn't. but many women get migrains when sam wants to pamper herself, what does she do?
        She gets Dr. Janet Fraiser to make a house call, so to speak.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
          She gets Dr. Janet Fraiser to make a house call, so to speak.
          Haha

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            I have a question for those of you who went to the first GABIT event (ForeverSg1, Coley, 1Speed4Sam, Chopingal, and anyone else I am forgetting). Did anyone bring their children to the convention and what was the age range of the children? I"m not talking about the cocktail party because I know that is only for age 16 and over, but just to the other events. My partner and I have a daughter who will be 7 and a half by next November, and we wondered if other kids come.
            Honestly I only recall seeing one child at Gabit and I don't believe they were there for the entire weekend. I think part of the fact may be that there was no discount for children and so a full fare ticket had to be purchased for the child as well. I did see several young women, not positive how young they were, but I'm guessing somewhere around 14-16 years old, but I believe most of the crowd was definitely over 18. I had originally planned on taking my four year old with me, but I'm glad that I didn't. I really think it would have been too much sitting and waiting for her with very little to keep her entertained. As exciting as it was for me to meet all the other Sam fans, I'm not sure she would have been as excited about it after the first hour. Also the hotel is located near the Heathrow Airport and from what I could tell there was very little to do in terms of entertainment outside of the convention unless you were willing to take the rail into London. The same can be said for the limited choices for food. Be prepared for pretty expensive meals at the hotel or your choice of a few local pubs, Domino's Pizza and McDonald's. My husband and I did find a wonderful pub not too far away. I have to admit we were pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the prices were and the food was superb. There is also a very nice restaurant behind the pub that is owned by the same people. If anyone is interested in getting the name of the restaurant/pub, send me an email/PM and I'll get you the name and address if I can find it tonight.

Kat
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 December 2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

GW just posted an interview with Amanda here! with an extra long one to follow in a few days!

She basically clarifies the whole Atlantis ke-fluffle. Pretty much just expanding on what she said in that note to her fans at her official site.

Comment

Comment

Giant ((((HUGS)))) to Amanda. That's all kinda crap really, but she's the ultimate team player. Grace under fire is what I'd call that and it just makes me love her even more. Hopefully whoever's behind this gets their head back out of where it's stuck at the moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Giant ((((HUGS)))) to Amanda. That's all kinda crap really, but she's the ultimate team player. Grace under fire is what I'd call that and it just makes me love her even more. Hopefully whoever's behind this gets their head back out of where it's stuck at the moment.
                      Indeed!

More power to Amanda! Hopefully the people going to Vancouver Con in March can show her some love and support from all of us here, as well as those going to Shore Leave. She may need it by then dealing with all this.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        Sorry Sal, I'm not trying to be pushy, but could I ask you again to put the index into your first post on the thread?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=22392

And I've just added a link to Mary Beth's What's a girl to do? blog, if that's ok Uber? If it isn't I can edit it out again no worries.
                        i'm sorry, deepspace... i forgot. forgive me?

sally (goes to put it in now)
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                          I have a question for those of you who went to the first GABIT event (ForeverSg1, Coley, 1Speed4Sam, Chopingal, and anyone else I am forgetting). Did anyone bring their children to the convention and what was the age range of the children? I"m not talking about the cocktail party because I know that is only for age 16 and over, but just to the other events. My partner and I have a daughter who will be 7 and a half by next November, and we wondered if other kids come.
                          Hey Chocdoc,
                          I saw a couple of kids on the second day, oss one about 8 and the other about 10?! They were dressed in Stargate Uniform and looked really cute. Other than that I didn't see any I don't think!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Hey Chocdoc,
                            I saw a couple of kids on the second day, oss one about 8 and the other about 10?! They were dressed in Stargate Uniform and looked really cute. Other than that I didn't see any I don't think!!
                            [Teal'c]

I concur.

[/Teal'c]

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              I wish all of Amanda's greatest fans, a happy Holiday season and a safe, healthy New Year! I miss you all very much!
                              Hey Lida! I couldn't holiday green ya, but it's great to hear from you! Take care and get some rest, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                To All Samandans, new and old
                                Whether near or whether far
                                Happy holidays and warm winter dreams
                                Wherever you are!

I'm leaving now for the soggy and stormy Pacific Northwest but will try to stop in next week if I can! Keep the home fires burning and be kind to each other!

Jester
                                Have a wonderful, safe, enjoyable journey Jester.
                                *smiles*
                                Deep has been to the Pacific Northwest once. I think you will love it, there are some magical places there.
                                Hope you can drop by and post next week.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X