Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Name that Eppy/Caption Me!!!

Sam - Was that a "squee" coming from SunKrux?
    Teal'C - I believe it was.
    Sam - Why would she ever do that?
    Teal'C - I believe it is due to the announcement that Amanda Tapping is appearing at the Vancouver SG1 con this coming March.
    Sam - Should I be afraid?
    Teal'C - Indeed

*not in the least bit excited to FINALLY meet Amanda
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Uber, that's fabulous!! Thanks for sharing it.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Eep, I'm not sure I do I notice the Channel 7 logo in the corner though...

Great pic though
        Hehehe, that's funny. I was the same, all I could see was the channel7 logo .
        But no, seriously, a great piece of digital art there Myrth. I have no idea what its 'hidden meaning' is supposed to be, but still, great work.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          The not complaining was a joke. I'm not a fan of overt sexuality in sci fi, even though I would love to see Amanda in more GUP style outfits. It's just not Stargate.

Secondly, I'm sorry. I didn't really and now feel a bit of a twit. Sorry if I upset or offended anyone, or brought back painful memories.
          Well, I can't speak for everyone, but hey, you haven't offended me, ok.

I'm not at all a fan of sexuality in tv programs. In fact, I loathe it most of the time. It's like magazine's that make out you should look a certain way, or be a certain way. It's standardising something, making it 'the norm', and I don't think it should be the norm. Yerk.
          But, the occasional episode with Sam being a little... different, could be ok. Of course, I haven't seen GUP yet.

Atteria was a kind, loving, and enthusiastic poster on this thread. We all loved her, and I doubt it's possible for anyone not to be sad about it. She never really let on to any of us just how serious her condition was, so when she was going in for surgery none of us were really prepared for what happened.
          But, and I want to make this clear, you had no way of knowing that our Royal Baker passed away. Don't berate yourself over something that, frankly, anyone could have said. It happened before you joined us here, and noone's going to be mean to you for saying something that you obviously would never have said if you'd known.
          Stick around on this thread long enough and you should know that Kindness reigns here .
          Keep posting.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Seriously...this woman is magical. She effervesces generosity, humor and

loveliness. I am of course a bit biased though.

With that in mind, I was inspired to be a little creative.

I hope you all enjoy it...it's been ages since I've done something just for fun like this, as in not for a client.

Wow Über. Just, simply, WOW! I wish you could have time to do more stuff like this for fun. You have a real way of... making a picture work. I guess what I mean is that you've put a number of elements together, like photo, font and effects, and they work together to make a piece of Art. But that sounds too simplistic because you're not just whacking together a photo and some text etc... I don't really know how to describe it, I guess it's composition. It's what gives the image emotion.
            And it's what leaves people like me struggling for words to describe it .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I don't suppose anyone wants to explain the Samandan merchandise thing to me ? I was just reading back through the pages I missed out on while I was deprived of internet, and there's a big chunk where you all were talking about patches and wristbands and t-shirts, and now I am left rather confuzzled.

?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

since there are now 3 cons that amanda will be at - schedule permitting - next year and someone from this thread, or someones, will be at each one, folks were wanting to come up with ways to identify us.

thus far we have wrist bands. Myrth i belive, had a line on a company that makes those and was gonig to talk to Julia of Gabit about us selling those wrist bands - to ourselves and others - and giving the proceeds to one of amanda's charities.

the second option was a patch. we talked about t-shirts, but given sizes and shipping, that'll be hard, but patches can be sewn/pinned on and are more versatile. we were going to come up with a couple of designs, vote on them and have them made to be sold, also with the proceeds going to charity

individual t-shirts or the such will be up to the folks that want to do it. several folks have been willing to use/submit artwork of thiers to get shirts made
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If we have an "official" Samandan logo, that will appear on the patch as well, people can always take the logo on disk into a printing shop and have a t shirt done.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i posted my patch idea a few pages back. those that made the official samanda logo could always post it as well, or link to it, for those that wnat to get things printed

on the patches, i think we're waiting to see if some other folks want to put forth ideas and then we can vote.

not sure if we'll get things done by march - which is when i think the vancouver con is

sigpic

Comment

Caption Me!

"Hey You! Big Red Suit, white beard...
                      Yeah you... Step back from the Gate.....
                      Suuuure you're Santa Claus...."

"Sir... What do you mean I got elected to buy Thor's gift?"
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I am working on the wristbands yep, but I haven't gotten far contacting Julia. Does anyone have her e-mail addy? I can't find it here or @ the Gabit site anywhere.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        since there are now 3 cons that amanda will be at - schedule permitting - next year and someone from this thread, or someones, will be at each one, folks were wanting to come up with ways to identify us.

thus far we have wrist bands. Myrth i belive, had a line on a company that makes those and was gonig to talk to Julia of Gabit about us selling those wrist bands - to ourselves and others - and giving the proceeds to one of amanda's charities.

the second option was a patch. we talked about t-shirts, but given sizes and shipping, that'll be hard, but patches can be sewn/pinned on and are more versatile. we were going to come up with a couple of designs, vote on them and have them made to be sold, also with the proceeds going to charity

individual t-shirts or the such will be up to the folks that want to do it. several folks have been willing to use/submit artwork of thiers to get shirts made
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol there's actually no hidden meaning... although maybe my subconscious is lashing out at Ch 7s dodgy programming. I was referring the "dark carter" style of it. Little darkness with your Carter today sir?

Originally posted by deepspace
                          Hehehe, that's funny. I was the same, all I could see was the channel7 logo .
                          But no, seriously, a great piece of digital art there Myrth. I have no idea what its 'hidden meaning' is supposed to be, but still, great work.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            I am working on the wristbands yep, but I haven't gotten far contacting Julia. Does anyone have her e-mail addy? I can't find it here or @ the Gabit site anywhere.

she posted in this thread a couple of days ago. i'm sure you can PM her or send her an e-mail through GW

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              Caption Me!

"Hey You! Big Red Suit, white beard...
                              Yeah you... Step back from the Jello.....
                              Cookies and milk OK.... Jello NO"

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

"Sir you left out my jello for Santa?! I thought it was Colonel O'Neill."
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Yup did that, no response so far but I'll keep on it. She has her e-mail through GW blocked.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                she posted in this thread a couple of days ago. i'm sure you can PM her or send her an e-mail through GW
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X