Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
    is it possible to respect people ya don't know?
    of course you can, but it depends on how you define "people you dont know"

i dont know her intimately as a person, but its not like i only know her through the tv either weird situation
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Arrgh. My last post was obviously not squeeing at this post.

I never really watched the West Wing, but a heart attack at so young an age is a horrible way to go.

I know. He was such a good actor.

ETA- I didn't mean to dampen anyones squeeing. So sorry.
      Last edited by LaCroix; 16 December 2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        Nice point, ann_sgcfan, but the short answer is that the writers overlooked it. One of many plot possibilities that just got sucked into the plot wormhole.

Just sayin', maybe
        Spoiler:
        since Orlin returned in S9, they'll resurrect this tidbit, yes?
        . See, mood's not so silly!
        The infinite plot wormhole. Sucks in potential storylines and replacement characters alike.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25

(snipped)

And I'm really hoping they let her stay that way this time, because I've has just about enough of the "Sam's Issues" show.
          are you done disrespecting this thread? the essence of this thread was to celebrate and respect amanda tapping, not go into other diatribe of why you hate sam/jack ship.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            Ever back out one too many times. I just did and landed on my "front page" and saw something really sad. The actor that plays Leo on West Wing John Spencer has died. The article said he died of a heart attack at 58.

Sorry about the OT.
            i just heard. how horrible. i love the west wing and i'll certainly miss him.

i wonder how they'll deal with it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought I posted about the Carter special gun, but obviously not.

The point I wanted to make, was that there are two ways of dealing with things in life. The first way is to scream, cry and stamp your feet, the second is the laugh and get on with things.

Amanda, the amazing woman that she is, seems to take this attitude that it's in the past, so get on and don't dwell. "Yeah, I could have gotten hurt, but I didn't, so why stress?"

And this seems to be the case in other stuff too. Like the miscarriages and everything else. It takes such strength of character to do that, a strength that I don't have. I wish I hada fraction of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                Nice point, ann_sgcfan, but the short answer is that the writers overlooked it. One of many plot possibilities that just got sucked into the plot wormhole.

Just sayin', maybe
                Spoiler:
                since Orlin returned in S9, they'll resurrect this tidbit, yes?
                . See, mood's not so silly!
                Yeah that darn plot wormhole... anyone have another plot opportunity that has stalled?

Comment

The point I wanted to make, was that there are two ways of dealing with things in life. The first way is to scream, cry and stamp your feet, the second is the laugh and get on with things.

Amanda, the amazing woman that she is, seems to take this attitude that it's in the past, so get on and don't dwell. "Yeah, I could have gotten hurt, but I didn't, so why stress?"

And this seems to be the case in other stuff too. Like the miscarriages and everything else. It takes such strength of character to do that, a strength that I don't have. I wish I hada fraction of it.
                  you hit the nail on the head there because yes she is a brilliant person just because of that attitude towards life, to want to live and love it. to laugh and smile and get on with things. its a highly admirable trait of hers and i love that about her

but not only that, and I guess this is the main reason why I love Amanda so much, is that yes, she has this great attitude towards life, but more importantly, she has given it to me as well.
                  nobody else has done that, to completely shift my outlook on life, to bring me up and out of my years of depression and pessimism. she has turned me into such an optimistic person who WANTS to make the most out of everything, to want to live my life as best as I can

thats something you cant find in many human beings, the ability to change somebodies life for the better. Amanda is amazing, she really is.
                  - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I never really watched the West Wing, but a heart attack at so young an age is a horrible way to go.
                    I have only watched West Wings a few times, but I remember him on other shows. My heart goes out to his friends, family and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      Yeah that darn plot wormhole... anyone have another plot opportunity that has stalled?
                      Yes, in terms of characters. When Daniel died (for the 50 somethingth time) and they introduced Jonas, or even when RDA left, why didn't they bring in previously established characters like Satterfield or Hailey (who had O'Neill's sense of humour and stuff) instead of inventing loads of new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                        I have only watched West Wings a few times, but I remember him on other shows. My heart goes out to his friends, family and fans.
                        Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                          you hit the nail on the head there because yes she is a brilliant person just because of that attitude towards life, to want to live and love it. to laugh and smile and get on with things. its a highly admirable trait of hers and i love that about her

but not only that, and I guess this is the main reason why I love Amanda so much, is that yes, she has this great attitude towards life, but more importantly, she has given it to me as well.
                          nobody else has done that, to completely shift my outlook on life, to bring me up and out of my years of depression and pessimism. she has turned me into such an optimistic person who WANTS to make the most out of everything, to want to live my life as best as I can

thats something you cant find in many human beings, the ability to change somebodies life for the better. Amanda is amazing, she really is.
                          This is something you can see in the fans. It's so inspiring to see that she's turned lives around, like yours.

Comment

my question, not to totally derail this with OTedness is....after MS left and given the mixed reaction to Jonas...why didn't tptb get the inkling that, if the show continued too much longer, that they could benefit from having some regular guest stars who weren't aliens, but were members of the SGC and could , potentially, step up to fill the shoes of the existing characters should they choose to leave/need time off.

Take atlantis for example. we have major lorne, who was a 'almost red shirt of the week' in enemy mine and a throw away character, who is now a semi-regular in at least the first half of s2.

well, let's play the theoretical and have joe flanigan decide to take 6 months off...any bets on whether or not Kavan smith could step upand at least fill in partially for joe's character?

it would certainly be an easier transition to upgrade a semi-regular to regular status than to create and make and introduce a new character out of nothing and expect everyone to just accept the 'new guy'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              my question, not to totally derail this with OTedness is....after MS left and given the mixed reaction to Jonas...why didn't tptb get the inkling that, if the show continued too much longer, that they could benefit from having some regular guest stars who weren't aliens, but were members of the SGC and could , potentially, step up to fill the shoes of the existing characters should they choose to leave/need time off.

Take atlantis for example. we have major lorne, who was a 'almost red shirt of the week' in enemy mine and a throw away character, who is now a semi-regular in at least the first half of s2.

well, let's play the theoretical and have joe flanigan decide to take 6 months off...any bets on whether or not Kavan smith could step upand at least fill in partially for joe's character?

it would certainly be an easier transition to upgrade a semi-regular to regular status than to create and make and introduce a new character out of nothing and expect everyone to just accept the 'new guy'
                              That's very true! Especially if they know it's coming. Instead of writing off the beloved supporting characters on SG-1. Maybe that's why there are so many characters on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i just heard. how horrible. i love the west wing and i'll certainly miss him.

i wonder how they'll deal with it
                                There's been no official release as to how they'll deal with it. I'm just too saddened by this. First, I lose my pet parakeet of 10 years today and then I find out about John Spencer. Watching "Shades of Grey" and "Beneath the Surface" helped a bit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X