• Show
Clear All

Ok Sky...How did I do?

Cheers,

Jan
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i'm such a klutz/slob that white anything doesn't stay white long. black is so much more forgiviing
      You and me both, honey.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hm. It might even be interesting to design a patch (a la the SG-1 uniform patch) with a Samandan logo. Uber might be able to come up with a very nice treatment if we ask her nicely. I hear tell she's a damn fine designer. Just an idea. Those kinds of patches aren't terribly expensive to produce once a design is settled on; it's an automated embroider process. And... then you could wear any color you wanted with it since it wouldn't have to be (but could be) sewn onto whatever shirt/jacket/combo was preferred by an individual ahead of arriving at GABIT. The velcro thing would be relatively simply to do too. Etc.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

That would be a very good idea, doing a patch. It might work better. And in terms of having them mass produced, they're so small, that we could have it all done in the us (where it's much cheaper) rather than having a stupidly expensive batch done over here in the UK.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            I've always felt (in the last few years) that I would honestly make a great Goa'uld System Lord (as an actor). Unfortunately, I had no way to contact MGM and say "Hey, look at some pics of me, I think I'd be a great character" LOL
            lol well I dont really wanna say im an actor because Ive only done a few independent films and been an extra in a few bigger films, but im wanting to get into acting as well.
            its a tough old world and unfortunately its not quite as easy as going up to MGM and handing them pics of yourself
            - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

How about something like this? Is this what you're asking for?

Last edited by Uber; 14 December 2005, 06:14 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The best thing I can tell you, is to go to Hanes/Fruit of the Loom and ask them how much it would cost for "blank" shirts. By blank. I mean just a plain ol' t-shirt. I don't know how many per size cost they'll quote you, but just ask for the gross amount.

Then find a good embroidered/silk screen/embossed mfg. that would apply the "logo" on the blanks. I hope this helps. But prolly I'm not saying anthing new.
                Last edited by LaCroix; 14 December 2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                  Ok Sky...How did I do?

Cheers,

Jan
                  very good.

pretty much what i was thinking although i might make the samanda smaller, let just one letter hang off each side.

and if we go for a patch, this could play into that if it's a round patch

i'll have to talk to a friend ofmine, she got patches made a couple of years ago. I think they ended up being 2-3 dollars each...course she did have to get 50 or 100, can't recall which

if we just do a patch, then folks can track down their own style of shirts.

it'd also be much easier to mail out
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay...I've begun the process of creating the Royal Shoppe of Samanda. We can have our own content on pretty much anything we want, including black tees. So, give me an idea of what we want logo wise etc., let's agree, and I'll finish setting our little store up.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i'm such a klutz/slob that white anything doesn't stay white long. black is so much more forgiviing
                      Yep, I hear you. Black is a good color. It's also more flattering IMO, at least for me
                      Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                      Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

I'm going to be professionally critical here for a moment. Love the concept. Is that our official font? If it is then just ignore me. If it isn't, what if we tried something even more serif? What if we just vaguely hinted at the marriage of the two names that make up Samanda? Just foood for thought(s).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Flyby post....I'm not a regular here but I am an admirer of Sam/AT. This looks bright and brilliant kind of like Sam, huh? Doesn't Amanda favor orange? Well, one suggestion. A round configuration. A circle connotes wholeness. A circle is a common symbol for strength and infinity, or some such metaphorical meaning. Anyway, I like your design and colors!!
                          sigpic

Comment

ok, i don't have time to fire up photoshop, but picture this

black t-shirt, blue point of origin - a nice royal blue - with samanda in a nice clear orange script across it with teh whole logo on the left breast area (like where the polo pony embroidery goes)

tasteful, discreet but still distinctive
                            Here's my contribution:

**Edited to move to updated banner below**
                            Last edited by ChevronSeven; 14 December 2005, 07:12 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              I'm going to be professionally critical here for a moment. Love the concept. Is that our official font? If it is then just ignore me. If it isn't, what if we tried something even more serif? What if we just vaguely hinted at the marriage of the two names that make up Samanda? Just foood for thought(s).
                              I'm not sure...I thought it was by the use if it earlier so I'm just fleshing out what I thought was requested... LOL. Alright you...get on MSN por favor...

Comment

Oh I like that font, chevronseven!

I'd pump up your S a little bit and maybe play with the awesome serif on that font a bit like - maybe duplicate part of the tail of the "a" (the one in front of the Point of Origin) to show up in front of the symbol as well as behind it - so it gives the illusion that the tail is winding around the symbol. A tiny bit of layer trickery involved but it'd give it a hint of three dimensionality. What font is that? It's a lot like Uber's awesome font in her sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X