and an alien so the entire military thing didn't really fit anymore. That's
    probably one reason we never really saw Sam in the same type of
    commanding situations as Jack. Oh well I really doubt they are gonna
    put BB under Sam in season nine, it would just be too weird with too
    L.Colonel's in the same SG team. So I have a sad feeling Sam is stepping
    down from her position on SG-1.

I'm sorry, but that's
    Spoiler:
    a load of baloney. Just because Daniel and Teal'c aren't military doesn't take away Sam being in charge. It isn't about military, it's about one person making the life and death decisions. Whether Sam's commanding an alien and a scientist, or a hurd of new recruits, she's still IN COMMAND of their lives. This is a very poor *excuse* of not writing Sam being more in command. It really doesn't have to be off world, it doesn't have to be with a bunch of military... it just has to show that Sam *can* and *does* make those hard decisions.

We should write Sam-centric eps.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Hmm, this one is stumping me. I know I should know it because
      I really love the desert fatigues.
      I am too...

Okay - here's a hint: the fire in the background is a crashed death glider...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        (((Astro))) And you know why.

Spoiler:
        The scenes I 'really' wanted to show was her face more in the shadows, when Lantesh/Elliot was telling her how Lantesh felt about her. The mood of that scene was so intense, because with the minimum lighting and dust and debree, you felt the gloom of Sam's emotions reflected back. Amanda played it perfectly to me. Bravo to the director too.

Sally
        I'm not sure why we're putting this episode in spoiler tags, but when on Abydos... :
        Spoiler:
        It's not only Lantesh's feelings for Sam that come out here but looking into Sam's eyes, it's her feelings for him too. Even without the Jolinar connection Sam on her own cared for Martouf and Lantesh. But for Sam, Lantesh was the last physical connection she had to Jolinar since Martouf's death and since she was blended with Jolinar and their feelings became one, she could not help but feel the loss of someone so dear to Jolinar.

And now for my next picture (in case anyone still wants to play). BTW the answer to my last picture was Within the Serpents Grasp:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Is the picture from "Pretense"

Comment

Wow, just found a new fic at Heliopolis that has alot of Sam Whumping in it! If you dont like reading about torture, rape and even character death be warned (though its not really that bad)

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...surviving.html

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Wow, just found a new fic at Heliopolis that has alot of Sam Whumping in it! If you dont like reading about torture, rape and even character death be warned (though its not really that bad)

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...surviving.html
              I read this one too, and it is full of Sam whumping and angst, but be warned that it is NC-17. That part is not overdone, though, and fits into the context of the story.

NC

Comment

ok, since no one else has guessed it, the sam in desert camos with the fire behind her is serpents song. pops has just crashed and sg-1 found him

yeah, i know i wasn't gonna guess for a bit....but it's been a good 10 hours

*Wake me when Sam returns*
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'm in rant mode again. Here's the synopsis for Threads that's printed in TV Guide
                  Spoiler:
                  Hovering between life and death, Daniel mulls returning to an ascended state after encountering Oma Desala (Mel Harris) at a celestial diner. Meanwhile, Carter introduces her fiance (David DeLuise) to her dad; Teal'c and Bra'tak are honored by a Jaffa priest (Isaac Hayes).

AAARGH! So this episode is about the guys comtemplating life or death decisions and working with the Jaffa, but the woman is dealing with personal matters. I know they don't want to give too much away about this episode in particular, but I would rather have no mention of Sam than this.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    Ok, I'm in rant mode again. Here's the synopsis for Threads that's printed in TV Guide
                    Spoiler:
                    Hovering between life and death, Daniel mulls returning to an ascended state after encountering Oma Desala (Mel Harris) at a celestial diner. Meanwhile, Carter introduces her fiance (David DeLuise) to her dad; Teal'c and Bra'tak are honored by a Jaffa priest (Isaac Hayes).

AAARGH! So this episode is about the guys comtemplating life or death decisions and working with the Jaffa, but the woman is dealing with personal matters. I know they don't want to give too much away about this episode in particular, but I would rather have no mention of Sam than this.

NC

eh, the tv guide's synopsis are always silly. the problem is, most of them are written by folks that don't watch the show, so they just parrot what the studio tells them...and they did probably have a hard time writing this one without giving away a major plot point

sigpic

Comment

This is totally off-topic for those who wish to by-pass now, please
                      feel free. I know most of you are not from the States, but I am
                      and I've just spent the past hour plus doing my yearly taxes. I just
                      realized that I messed up my filing for the previous two years and
                      now I have to file amendments for both years.

The only good thing is both were in my favor, I just really hate
                      that obviously I don't understand these things. If I were smart
                      I'd just pay someone else to do them.

My disposition is 'blah' and the weather is cold, grey, and raining...
                      I just feel like telling my kids to go play video games and curling
                      up in my bed and watching Stargate all day.

I've started to read Astro's Overdrive...hopefully reading about
                      everything Sam has to go through will give me the kick in the bum
                      I need to shake me out of my doldrums.

Hope you are all having a much better morning/afternoon/evening
                      than myself and thanks again for all the fun last night with the pictures.

ForeverSG1

Comment

((forever)))

yeah, taxes suck. but you know, at least you're not having to come up with a ton of money

and hey, it's FRIDAY!!!

and we get reckoning 2 tonight, which has some great sam and sam/dad stuff

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          ok, since no one else has guessed it, the sam in desert camos with the fire behind her is serpents song. pops has just crashed and sg-1 found him

yeah, i know i wasn't gonna guess for a bit....but it's been a good 10 hours

*Wake me when Sam returns*
                          Skydiver, I am humbled by your astounding Stargate memory!

Comment

Am still working my way through the posts from last night,
                            but in the meantime

Guess That Episode

And no one posted a guess for this one...
                            Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Here's one with Sam amd Janet...
                            Guess That Episode

Photos from the Official Amanda Tapping website

Comment

Oh. My. Gawd!

114 PAGES!?!

Gracie collapses in a heap on page 103 and weeps

And it's only, checks watch 2:15 in the afternoon. It'll likely be 118 pages by day's end. I've got a lot of work ahead of me to catch up.

Yup, this is definitely a six-pack job. Don't expect any responses soon... at least, not any coherent ones.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Here's one with Sam amd Janet...
                                Guess That Episode

fifth man????

where janet finds out that there's some chemical reason they're seeing stuff

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X