Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I waffle back between twin scenario and older sister. I like them as the science twins--they both respect each other's skills. But sometimes Sam seems like an older sister to me--not alot older, but a bit more mature, for some reason.

She watches out for him and feels a deep friendship with him (e.g, Fire and Water, the whole Sha're storyline Sam seems to be right there for him (box of cookies), Meridian and Revelations where she feels deeply for his pain and then death, Full Circle where she feels a little let down because he never visited her while ascended, Fallen when she is the one who talks with him about coming home, Chimera when she rubs his back, etc.
    I agree with you. There are times when Daniel and Sam are on the same page, and other times she acts like an older sibling.

I miss the Sam/Jonas action. From her teasing him about the color uniform they wear to her tutoring him in all sorts of thing, Sam had a wonderful relationship with Jonas.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I agree with you. There are times when Daniel and Sam are on the same page, and other times she acts like an older sibling.

I miss the Sam/Jonas action. From her teasing him about the color uniform they wear to her tutoring him in all sorts of thing, Sam had a wonderful relationship with Jonas.
      i also think jonas was the best thing to happen to teal'c. teal'c's always been the odd man out, but with jonas' addition, *he* became that. but teal'c was the one he related to, confided to... jonas was good for teal'c.

i keep remembering that adorable scene in 'nightwalkers' where sam was leaving jonas and teal'c to themselves, and she went up to each one and told him to watch the other. real cute.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        thanks, MajorSam, for this picture! Is "The Foursome" a flim for the theater or a TV movie? I'm assuming a film for theater?
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478802/

Doesn't THAT tell you a whole lot!?

The Foursome is a film being filmed in Vancouver currently, I think it's a comedy type thing about these four people... something involving golf? :| sry, totally can't remember... All I remember is that Amanda plays Christian Slater's character's ex-girlfriend who got pregnant but didn't tell him... Cant remember if they get back together or not, but they do snog at one point! (As Amanda is excited about, haha)

Anyone else know anything more?
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

i keep remembering that adorable scene in 'nightwalkers' where sam was leaving jonas and teal'c to themselves, and she went up to each one and told him to watch the other. real cute.
          One of my fave moments. She was just a cutie with Jonas. She was like, doubly cute because Jack was a little off at first. Awww, so gorgeous.

I don't know why I got the idea she was more Daniel's younger sibling. Only slightly. Overall I'd go with the twin thing, but then I thought that might be a brain thing, because I know Amanda is a twin. But I suppose, actually, when she needs comforting, she goes to Jack, not Daniel, so we don't see much interaction in that direction.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hmm, I don't really see the Sam and Daniel sibling thing... They seem to have more of a 'really good friends' thing going on than a 'brother sister' one.

Comment

Hmm, I don't really see the Sam and Daniel sibling thing... They seem to have more of a 'really good friends' thing going on than a 'brother sister' one.
              I really don't think we see enough of it though. We see Jack/Sam, Jack/Daniel, Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Teal'c, Daniel/Vala, but we don't see enough Sam/Daniel interaction. I mean as friends. Maybe a Sam/Daniel episode would be fun, exploring their friendship.

Comment

Found an article regarding the movie 'The Foursome'. Seems it wrapped up filming on December 3rd. For more information, check out the following link:

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/.../features.html

I'm sort of wondering now if Amanda actually did do this movie, because neither Christian Slater nor Amanda were mentioned in this article.

The actors listed:

Kevin Dillon (Entourage),
                John Shaw (Da Vinci's Inquest), played Dr. Friesen( Descent/SG1)
                Chris Gauthier (Ill Fated) - played Mattas ( Trinity/Atlantis )
                Paul Jarrett (On the Corner) - played Special Agent Farrity (Chimera/SG1)
                Ellie Harvie (Terminal City) - played Novak( Atlantis/SG1)
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 05 December 2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Found an article regarding the movie 'The Foursome'. Seems it wrapped up filming on December 3rd. For more information, check out the following link:

I'm sort of wondering now if Amanda actually did do this movie, because neither Christian Slater nor Amanda were mentioned in this article.

The actors listed:

John Shaw (Da Vinci's Inquest),
                  Chris Gauthier (Ill Fated)
                  Paul Jarrett (On the Corner)
                  Ellie Harvie (Terminal City)
                  That's odd. Did Amanda mention it on her website? How long's it been filming for? Maybe she originally intended on doing it, but then got pregnant with Olivia, or backed out because doing Stargate and being a mum was hard enough or something. I mean, she's lucky in that she can take Olivia with her to the gate set.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    Yes I agree with a lot of people here too. I liked the way Jonas interacted with big sister Sam. I like Daniel too. I miss Jonas, I wish there was a way to keep him on. I definetely agree about Sam being the big sister for Jonas.

Do you think Daniel is more like an older sibling, twin or younger sibling? There are times I think the two seem to be on even ground, where neither seems older (twin scenario). They are always confiding in one another.
                    I think of Daniel as Sam's age or younger and like chocdoc I probably would go back and forth between twin/older sis. Sometimes they are like twins in their thinking and openness to new ideas and paths, but Daniel (especially early Daniel) had a bright shiny idealism about human nature and the universe that IMOHO Sam didn't have, or at least not to the degree he had, having lost her mother at a young age and having a distant ship with her father, not to mention being a genius struggling to achieve her dreams in a male-dominated world.

Perhaps there was a maturity about the way Sam carried and conducted herself that Dan only gained in time and through painful experiences (ascending, losing Sha're, being taught the consequences of his own actions/ego in Shifu's dream in Absolute Power). Daniel was (IMO) more apt to be agressively outgoing and she a bit more reserved, a bit more 'let me get to know you out before I really let my hair down...' I suppose that's what makes her seem like the older sis - more apt to be the one who can't be silly or dreamy because being older means being more responsible, more reliable, more realistic.....

Just some thoughts...
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      i don't get a sibling vibe either. i find them equals in intellect, even if their majors are on far different ends of the spectrum.

i remember amanda saying that sam was part jack (military mind) and part daniel (inquisitive scientist). but if i had to pick which one she's more like, i'd pick jack. i think sam's years of being in the military have given her control and common sense from acting on the urge to run off and investigate and touch. i know this side of daniel's been in control more recently, but i think back to the situation in season 4's 'the other side', where daniel was very much in his 'dove' mode, whereas jack and sam were thinking more from the 'hawk'. and even though daniel ended up being right in that matter, it was only because the ppl behind the deal were morally suspect (not the deal itself). i also think about s4's 'scorched earth' with another example of daniel taking the 'dove' mentality over the 'hawk'. but that's daniel, whereas sam's the dove and hawk at the same time. i find that very interesting.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

The actors listed:

Hi Kat, thanks for the super sleuthing for this ... it does seem strange that Slater's name isn't on here ... according to AT at her Q&A at GABIT, she was indeed paired with him but her role was that of a former girlfriend not a current wife ... and she was very excited about "the kiss". As MajorSam just posted, AT's character supposedly had a child by Slater but he never knew this as they must have gone their separate ways after high school. Kat, do you remember her saying that there's a high-school reunion and that's where they meet again? That's what I'm thinking but most of the action/dialogue takes place among "the foursome" who are the four guys who meet regularly for golf ... the filming is set in a golf club if you read closely. So not sure just how big a role Amanda will have in the whole context. Still, she'll be onscreen with a major star and that's good for anyone's resume!

BTW, just saw on the GW main page that today (Dec 5) is Corin Nemec's birthday - he's turning 34. So Jonas could be seen as little bro to big sis, Sam.

OT but I just heard from SG-1fanintn who sends greetings and is swamped with office deadlines/projects. She misses being here and plans to return soon!

Also, I've been really experiencing quite slow action on this thread when I go to post or reply with a quote. This has been going on past few days or so ... very slow turnaround ... anyone else having the same slowdown/response time?! I'm on broadband and with one of the faster cable providers. I also have some pretty good spyware and try to scan regularly ... so am confused about this slow operation. It's making me not want to post!

Comment

Finally remembered why I thought Sam was little sis! The whole bit in singularity when she's crying about Cassie and how she has to be detatched and stuff.

I don't think that Sam really was a lot more mature than Daniel in the beginning, it was just military. And if she was, it's nothing to do with her relationship with her parents. Daniel lost both of his, remember.

Comment

The actors listed:

Hm, that's interesting...

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Hi Kat, thanks for the super sleuthing for this ... it does seem strange that Slater's name isn't on here ... according to AT at her Q&A at GABIT, she was indeed paired with him but her role was that of a former girlfriend not a current wife ... and she was very excited about "the kiss". As MajorSam just posted, AT's character supposedly had a child by Slater but he never knew this as they must have gone their separate ways after high school. Kat, do you remember her saying that there's a high-school reunion and that's where they meet again? That's what I'm thinking but most of the action/dialogue takes place among "the foursome" who are the four guys who meet regularly for golf ... the filming is set in a golf club if you read closely. So not sure just how big a role Amanda will have in the whole context. Still, she'll be onscreen with a major star and that's good for anyone's resume!

BTW, just saw on the GW main page that today (Dec 5) is Corin Nemec's birthday - he's turning 34. So Jonas could be seen as little bro to big sis, Sam.
                            Ah, yes, I thought there was something about golf... thanks for posting this agian though, my memory was all fuzzed.

and HAPPY BDAY CORIN!!!!!!!
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Awww.... Corin's birthday. I can't believe we used to resent him for being Daniel's replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

OT but I just heard from SG-1fanintn who sends greetings and is swamped with office deadlines/projects. She misses being here and plans to return soon!

Also, I've been really experiencing quite slow action on this thread when I go to post or reply with a quote. This has been going on past few days or so ... very slow turnaround ... anyone else having the same slowdown/response time?! I'm on broadband and with one of the faster cable providers. I also have some pretty good spyware and try to scan regularly ... so am confused about this slow operation. It's making me not want to post!

YES GW is slooooow! Everytime I tried to come on it takes forever to load and reply to anyone. I dread the change I'm making to dial-up soon. I guess then I'll never know if it's dial up or the site going slow. Maybe it's just getting me ready for dial-up.

Also to those that think of Sam is like an older sister to Daneil at times. I can that especially early Daniel like ShimmeringStar mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X