Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Finally went back to listen to these tonight

1. Not sure I think it's Carter talking to Jonas but I'm stumped on this one - Found it "Nightwalkers"

2. Carter to MiniJack in “Fragile Balance”

3. Carter to O’Neill in “Zero Hour”

4. Carter to Daniel in “Cold Lazarus”

5. Carter to Daniel in “Need”
    WOO HOO! You got them all! I knew you were good at this.

NC

Comment

I don’t know if any of you read the Honor Harrington books, but something in the last one has convinced me that the author, David Weber, is a Stargate SG1 fan.

If you’re not familiar with the books, the hero, Honor Harrington, is a kick ass naval officer, who began in the first books as a captain of a space ship, and has progressed until she’s now an admiral. Honor is right up there with Sam Carter as one of my all time favorite fictional characters. IMO, if they made any kind of movie based on the books, AT would be a good fit for Honor. See if this sounds familiar – Honor is extremely competent and confident in her work, but not so in her relationships with men.

Anyway, in the latest book, Honor is visiting a new doctor, and here’s the description of the doctor.
      “Janet Frazier was trim, slender, auburn haired, and a good twenty-five centimeters shorter than Honor. She moved with a brisk confidence and habitually exuded the sense of authority which was one of the hallmarks of a good physician.”

Too close to be a coincidence, don't you think?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        let's say sam is christmas shopping...would she go out at 5am to get the bargains? or would she just shop online? and what would she buy the guys? and what would the guys buy her?

shippy or not, fun or serious...let's do some virtual christmas shopping
        I can't see Sam fighting shopping lines at 5am. I can see her getting some online shopping done at work while waiting for some piece of equipment in her lab to finish running its test.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          I don’t know if any of you read the Honor Harrington books, but something in the last one has convinced me that the author, David Weber, is a Stargate SG1 fan.

If you’re not familiar with the books, the hero, Honor Harrington, is a kick ass naval officer, who began in the first books as a captain of a space ship, and has progressed until she’s now an admiral. Honor is right up there with Sam Carter as one of my all time favorite fictional characters. IMO, if they made any kind of movie based on the books, AT would be a good fit for Honor. See if this sounds familiar – Honor is extremely competent and confident in her work, but not so in her relationships with men.

Anyway, in the latest book, Honor is visiting a new doctor, and here’s the description of the doctor.
          “Janet Frazier was trim, slender, auburn haired, and a good twenty-five centimeters shorter than Honor. She moved with a brisk confidence and habitually exuded the sense of authority which was one of the hallmarks of a good physician.”

NC
          I've read some of the Honor Harrington books in the past. What is the name of this one? May pick it up next time I'm at Borders.

I did hear a rumor a few months ago that there were possible plans to do an Honor Harrington Movie. Time will tell - and your right AT would make a great Honor.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            I've read some of the Honor Harrington books in the past. What is the name of this one? May pick it up next time I'm at Borders.

I did hear a rumor a few months ago that there were possible plans to do an Honor Harrington Movie. Time will tell - and your right AT would make a great Honor.
            It's called At All Costs. I haven't finished it yet, and I'm a little leary of what he's going to do with Honor's personal life, but I do like the professional arc. Again, sound familiar?

NC

Comment

NC

Copyright infringement, copyright infringement!!! haha. WOW, I think you've found Amanda and Teryl's next job

Ooh, regarding Atlantis' Grace Under Pressure... I promised DEEPSPACE! some tidbits yesterday, but didnt' get around to it... (sry!!!) I see you've all got some more spoilers? woot, well, here's some more tidbits

Spoiler:
              Y'know on http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/214.html that site?? Read the spoiler bits if you havn'et already... y'know that alien thing they talk about? If i've heard correctly, think Sphere... weird big octopussy/whale type thing... crazy alien!

As for Sam 'helping him out'... I must say she is definately not ALWAYS trying to help him out... and I quote: "Well I AM your fantasy, it's only fair that you get some!" HOPEFULLY that will make it to the final cut, no!? Definatley not one of the things I thought i'd ever hear Sam say... Oh yes, there are definately going to be some Sam stuff we would normally never see!
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Copyright infringement, copyright infringement!!! haha. WOW, I think you've found Amanda and Teryl's next job

Ooh, regarding Atlantis' Grace Under Pressure... I promised DEEPSPACE! some tidbits yesterday, but didnt' get around to it... (sry!!!) I see you've all got some more spoilers? woot, well, here's some more tidbits

Spoiler:
                Y'know on http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/214.html that site?? Read the spoiler bits if you havn'et already... y'know that alien thing they talk about? If i've heard correctly, think Sphere... weird big octopussy/whale type thing... crazy alien!

As for Sam 'helping him out'... I must say she is definately not ALWAYS trying to help him out... and I quote: "Well I AM your fantasy, it's only fair that you get some!" HOPEFULLY that will make it to the final cut, no!? Definatley not one of the things I thought i'd ever hear Sam say... Oh yes, there are definately going to be some Sam stuff we would normally never see!
                I hope, for the sake of all that is dignified about Carter, they do not have this line in the show regardless of the fact that this is an infantile hallucination of McKay's (read the boys club at Bridge).

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  I hope, for the sake of all that is dignified about Carter, they do not have this line in the show regardless of the fact that this is an infantile hallucination of McKay's (read the boys club at Bridge).
                  Do you really think that people would hold that against Carter personally, even though it's a ridiculous hallucination of an injured stressed out MCKAY, of all people??? I personally don't see how anyone could at all blame it against her when it is in no way actually her, but then again I havn't been here lately to fully see all the controversy...

If people were to hold that against real Sam... that is just... I don't even have the words.
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                    Indeed.

Nor does Atlantis need to be contaminated with S9-style dialogue.

Comment

Oh c'mon guys. How does having "that line" in there even remotely make a difference to the real Sam Carter? I think the weirder the things she says are, the more in line they'd be with what some fantasy of McKay's would really be like. He doesn't even know Sam (really). He's not a close friend of hers. Any hallucination he had that included her would have to be way off the mark; no where near the kind of dream-scape that Sam herself experienced on Prometheus (in which she saw her closest and dearest friends/family whom she knew almost better than herself).

McKay's fantasy would undoubtedly be weird and skewed and completely divergent from reality because that's what his comments and innuendo (regarding his own personal life) have always been so far. His character is a recovering narcissist. This past episode, he had a line where he accused Dr. Beckett of being jealous of him because he (McKay) gets all the women! Ha. That's just McKay. He's warped. He has a dirty, twisted mind. I think having Sam play a totally different, totally skewed version of herself for McKay's fantasy would be perfect for the context its going to fall within.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

the sam that we're going to see isnt' our sam, it's rod's mental version of sam. we're likely gonna see rod's fantasty of sam. just like in avenger and the other guys we got to see felger's dream of sam.

will the anti's hold it against her? oh probably. they have nothing better to do. and they'd blame sam for global warning if they could.

but i'm gonna wait until i see the context. i think it could be fun. and i think it could be even funner when/if sam gets to see rod in person...discomfort much?????
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          How does having "that line" in there even remotely make a difference to the real Sam Carter?
                          It doesn't, really. I simply don't want to see it. The inevitable kiss is simply going to be there for shock value and titillation (who's supposed to enjoy it, though, besides David Hewlett?). It's already been done with Felger; couldn't they come up with something else?

Comment

It's called At All Costs. I haven't finished it yet, and I'm a little leary of what he's going to do with Honor's personal life, but I do like the professional arc. Again, sound familiar?

NC
                            Thanks for the heads up, NC. I didn't know there was a new Honor Harrington out. (thinks Christmas wish list) I think I know what you mean about the personal life issue if it's the same as what we saw starting in the last book.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                              It doesn't, really. I simply don't want to see it. The inevitable kiss is simply going to be there for shock value and titillation (who's supposed to enjoy it, though, besides David Hewlett?). It's already been done with Felger; couldn't they come up with something else?
                              McKay's been lusting after Carter since the day he met her. Every opportunity the two of them have to interact again ya just know something of a 'sexual innuendo' is going to come up. Like in Moebius, he's got his usual snark for everybody else's ideas but then he turns to Geek!Sam and says, "You, I'd listen to if you were reading the newspaper." - we're supposed to roll our eyes at that. And we're supposed to cringe when(if) he kisses her in GUP too (or when she makes a pass at him (shyeah!). I think it's completely meant to be taken very lightly. As to the question of "why do it at all?" - because the two characters have an ongoing arch-rivalry. It's classic conflict. Plus, the actors have hilarious chemistry together, and a scene like that, well played, could be funny as h*ll.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I bet Sam shops online & early because she never know when she'll be off world near the holidays. But I bet she listens to schmaltzy Christmas songs while she shops. I wonder if Teal'c is a secret Bing Crosby fan.
                                Loved the lists of Sam marathon episodes. Excellent choices. While we're waiting for new Sam episodes should we try again to pick an episode we'll all try to watch within a week to talk about? Should we pick one that is on the Monday night SciFi marathon so that those who don't have DVDs can participate?

One bit of info from the Moebius commentary
                                Spoiler:
                                they did comment on how funny Geeky Sam was and how AT was "very conscious of body language" in playing the character.

Comment

Working...
                                X