Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    edit-> on a totally different note (and gun), check out this baby! http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=128 - sick!
    ::channeling Jack:: This one just exudes overwhelming coolness:
    http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=738

Hmm.

A Silly!Fic plot bunny just hopped - er - into range. I'm imagining what would happen if some of the folks up at NORAD challenged various members of the SGC to a session at the paintball range. What would the NORAD folks think as they're getting themselves completely trounced by the people they believe to be the information systems people who're too geeky to be allowed in the upper levels of the Mountain? I mean, everybody knows you put the computer people in the basement with the mainframe, right??? ::snicker::

So... what do you do when you're a proud NORAD tech, and the 'geeks' - even the girls (especially that tall blonde that seems to be in charge - what a pack of geeks, the girls are in charge! ) - are beating your team left, right, and sideways? Ah, to be a fly on the wall (or a major general in the next booth ) at the local NORAD hangout afterward...
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      And Kat, your latest sigpic is a stunner. And no, I'm not trying to suck up to you, but I actually really do need some help from you. You're the only one I know with an MSN blogspace, and I've run into a bit of a bump with mine, and was wondering if you knew how to stop unknown people from posting #!*^ in the comments section?

Hey Deepspace,

You can turn the comment section off. Go to edit my space - then click on the settings tab - then go to blog settings - you will see a box to up check which will turn off the comment section of the blog. You can also go into the Permissions settings and make your space private or only let people on your messanger list view your space. Hope this helps.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Welcome musicmuggle! Wish I could green ya, but I'll have to wait until Greg returns and fixes the rep machine.

Really just wanted to make a quick pit stop to say Hi to everyone, I miss you all and I'm still not "fixed".....I think I need a new doc.

Hope everyone in the States had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else is having a great weekend.

And yes, Carter does rule! At least here she does.
        Hey, I also wish you the best for a quick recovery as well! *gives doctor new brain* Hopefully he/she will do better now!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I can't but feel like "pron" was one of those moments when Samo was typing too fast on MSN...

HAHA, actually, for once, no! It's pr0n, btw... not pron And it's AD's word, i've just taken it

Originally posted by deepspace
        Ok, thanks then Kat. It's just all so very new to me, not like posting on a forum at all!
        Hmm, if I'm crawling out of the woodwork, I hope that doesn't mean I'm a termite . Good to be back. Which brings me to...
        I might not be near internet for the next few days, so mightn't be able to come see you all until the end of next week. Just warning you all now so you don't think I'm never coming back.
        Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a Termite! 'mites are very...revered... in some...cultures.... *cough*

Oh, and on the topic of "big guns" I'll hopefully be shooting this sometime soon:

Well, maybe not with all those optional attatchements... but STILL!!
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Welcome musicmuggle! Wish I could green ya, but I'll have to wait until Greg returns and fixes the rep machine.

Really just wanted to make a quick pit stop to say Hi to everyone, I miss you all and I'm still not "fixed".....I think I need a new doc.

Hope everyone in the States had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else is having a great weekend.

And yes, Carter does rule! At least here she does.
          (((((Lida)))))

Hey, great to see you around too. Hope everything works out OK - in the meantime, you're still on my "thoughts and prayers" list.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Oh, and on the topic of "big guns" I'll hopefully be shooting this sometime soon:

Hmm, did somebody say Gun Pr0n?

No?

Uh-huh. just me then...

Comment

Hey, I also wish you the best for a quick recovery as well! *gives doctor new brain* Hopefully he/she will do better now!

HAHA, actually, for once, no! It's pr0n, btw... not pron And it's AD's word, i've just taken it

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a Termite! 'mites are very...revered... in some...cultures.... *cough*

Whoa. That looks serious, MajorSam. Not paintball I presume. What does it DO? Is it lightweight, at least?

Just sayin', would SG units carry something like?
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
                And that so many posters reacted so strong to this news it´s IMO for me a sign how unhappy many fans are with the way the show has changed since RCC has replaced BW in season 7.
                that's really when rcc replaced brad? REALLY? because it can't be a coincidence that *that's* when the quality started going down. hmmm......

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Hmm, did somebody say Gun Pr0n?

No?

Uh-huh. just me then...
                  BUAHAHA, Brilliant I think I might have heard a whisper of that actually...!

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                  Whoa. That looks serious, MajorSam. Not paintball I presume. What does it DO? Is it lightweight, at least?

Just sayin', would SG units carry something like?
                  Hahah, definately not paintball! What's it DO? haha, it shoot things! top is a laser sight, bottom thing is a grenade launcher, actual thing is a gun... and yeah... shoots stuff!!!

Lol, SG units probably not, it's the main weapon of the Canadian forces right now, but I dont' know about the States.
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Hahah, definately not paintball! What's it DO? haha, it shoot things! top is a laser sight, bottom thing is a grenade launcher, actual thing is a gun... and yeah... shoots stuff!!!

Lol, SG units probably not, it's the main weapon of the Canadian forces right now, but I dont' know about the States.
                    Actually, SG units would use it It's an M-16 with an attached M-203 40mm grenade launcher. Quite a few SG units have used them in the series (but I only recall Teal'c ever using one out of our 4 main heroes). And its also the standard infantry weapon for US forces as well

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      AD question - what type of GLOCK would Sam carry? If there's a special kind. Just want to make sure I'm not drawing this all wrong...
                      She normally uses a 9mm Beretta M9 (which is the military designation for the Beretta 92). Its the standard sidearm for the US military.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg07-e.htm one of those non compact models would be close enough to it.

Though if you want a Glock, the Glock 17 is a good choice http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg15-e.htm (top pic), though any of the Glock family are good pistols.

Comment

first, congrats on 1800 AD

second, on the sidearm, sam tends, or tended, to use a zat a lot.

jack would have a beretta, mp5 or p90, sam a zat and mp5/p90, teal'c his staff weapon, daniel a beretta and i think they all carried knives

sam also used her 'carter special' for a while, which i think was a conglomeration of several gun pieces. during s7 they couldn't use thier p90's due to the stuff in Iraq and a lack of ammo - even blanks - for the p90. the munitions places were busy making the real stuff for the troops and couldn't make blanks for a tv show
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's a little Black friday topic....(black friday is refereing to the shopping today, which was nuts and started at like 5am in some places)

let's say sam is christmas shopping...would she go out at 5am to get the bargains? or would she just shop online? and what would she buy the guys? and what would the guys buy her?

shippy or not, fun or serious...let's do some virtual christmas shopping
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            here's a little Black friday topic....(black friday is refereing to the shopping today, which was nuts and started at like 5am in some places)

let's say sam is christmas shopping...would she go out at 5am to get the bargains? or would she just shop online? and what would she buy the guys? and what would the guys buy her?

shippy or not, fun or serious...let's do some virtual christmas shopping
                            haha, I see Sam as the kinda person who doesn't really like crowded shopping plazas (or malls if you're a yank ). And since she's tech savvy, I could easily see her shopping online.

And yay, 1800 posts. Pity they changed the custom AV level though

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              second, on the sidearm, sam tends, or tended, to use a zat a lot.
                              Yeah, I meant when she's not using a zat she'll have the M9

Comment

OK coolness. Thanks for the replies, sky and AD and everyone else. I think I may still draw the GLOCK because I like the lines of it better. Kinda going for a John-woo(esque) look in this sketch, and by that I think you can gather I mean two guns *grin* 'cause, you know, Sam with two guns and a sassy smile might just knock AD right out.

Sky, it's really sweet of you to offer to send that sketch for me, but I think I'll try and work up the nerve. I'm kinda wondering if she'd even see it. Are you guys sure she even reads the stuff she gets via Bridge?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X