Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Thanks, SnoggingPicard! I was curious, so I went there, and the news was interesting. I still haven't figured out how to show a single post, but the post to which SnoggingPicard is referring is on this page:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=6649&page=75
    Thanks for the link. To save people further time, here's the relevant text:

Originally posted by Camy
    Someone mentioned about crossovers between characters and series..
    She mentioned how there is going to be a lot of crossover..she confirmed the crossover this season in Grace Under Pressure....and the major crossover in the new season which they begin to shoot in February...and she mentioned...look for Amanda....and everyone clapped about this..

I came in and ask...Is that going to change the dynamics of the show....someone like Amanda with such extensive experience and how do the actors in Atlantis feel about this new changes...?

She stated how YES..it will change the dynamics because when you areplayingwith different actos the dynamics is going to change...she stated..I think her character is going to enrich us...none of us are nervous or apprehensive about it...NO...we shoot on the same lot..we know each other and Amanda as most of you know is so sweet and lovely and she's so wonderful to work with... we are all very excited about it and whether it will change the show.. we don't know...we'll just have to see...

Comment

Me three! It would be nice, fitting and all that warm fuzzy stuff.. plus it'd get us of their backs, you'd think they'd want that

Originally posted by minigeek
      Me too! With a ..... revelation, or three.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Thanks, SnoggingPicard! I was curious, so I went there, and the news was interesting. I still haven't figured out how to show a single post, but the post to which SnoggingPicard is referring is on this page:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=6649&page=75
        Thanks for the link. Nice to know AT is consistent in winning people over because she's so nice.

And to post a link to a single post, click on the post number, it will pull up that post, then just copy the url.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Exactly CG!

Thank goodness Sam didn't try to french kiss the frozen glass window at the end of Lost City 2 ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Thank goodness Sam didn't try to french kiss the frozen glass window at the end of Lost City 2 ...
            that is sooo cute... i love it... just imagine if she did though... oh man... the mental images... wrong....
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              Regarding AT's status next year, there's a post in the "Teyla Appreciation Thread" that's a con report from a recent New England convention that talks about it. Camy got to see Rachel Luttrell and asked her about Amanda, and it seems that she will definitely be on Atlantis, so there's a good paragraph or so about what's going on with that if you guys want to check it out.
              I read this and what caught my eye was the fact that RL seemed to "start stuttering" when answering this question. I suppose there is mutual admiration among the female actors on both sets - they all seem like really nice persons off-screen from all reports - but the addition of a lead figure into the opposite show has to make everyone wonder how much screen time/dialogue will be lost by the regulars.

Just what is really happening here? We know that this secret plan is under wraps in a vault located next to RC's office and it may take a special-ops team to break open and reveal THE TRUTH!!

Jack, where's Jack when we need him?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamJackOps.jpg
              "Don't worry Carter, we'll get to the bottom of this."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/TrioOps.jpg
              "Do you really think we can find out what they're doing to my character for S10?!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/SamZat.jpg
              "Okay, Rob ... I'm here to help you rewrite your S10 agenda!"
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 17 November 2005, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I just wanted to apologize for not being around much lately and to let you all know how much I really do miss joining in on the wonderful conversations, but I have to admit my heart just hasn't been in the show since Gabit. I just feel that it's been going downhill for quite some time and it's really starting to pick up speed as of late.

I'm hoping with all my heart that Sony/Scifi and TPTB will prove me wrong with the latter half of season nine. Believe me I would gladly remove my foot from my mouth and offer my deepest apologizes if this were to be the case; however, the more information we are given as to what direction the show will be going in season 10, the more dissappointed I become.

Everyone keeps saying that RDA didn't keep the show together. That even without him it has managed to survive, but in effect, it really hasn't. Because when RDA left the show, even partly in season 6, the show began to die piece by piece. Little things that I had so loved about the Stargate began to disappear and now it's become nothing more than a shell of what it once was.

I'm not saying that what we have now doesn't have it's moments. Nor am I saying that it's going to tank this season. I think it's still better than 90% of the trash that we presently have to choose from on television, but it's just not SG-1 anymore. Nor do I believe it ever will be.

There's been too much interference by Sony/Scifi. Too many changes to the cast and storylines and too few explanations as to why so much of it has happened. The show that once stimulated my mind and warmed my heart now confuses and disappoints me.

The characters, the actors, and more importantly the fans deserved more...we deserved better. Many of us have followed the show on it's long journey for nine years now. We have followed it through channel changes, and time slot changes, ownership changes and cast changes. We stood by the show when none of the critics would give it a second glance. When other, more critically acclaimed shows came to be, we stood by loyally and unmoving as those that ridiculed and jeered us watched their precious commodities crash and burn. When Stargate recieves the title of Longest Running Sci-Fi Series next year, it should be us, the fans, that Scifi/Sony and Stargate should be thanking; because without us they would not have made it past the first season. Firefly is proof that a really well written series won't last if there aren't people watching.

Yes, Stargate is Brad Wright's baby and yes, the characters are the brain children of all of the other writers on the show, but as much as they may have given these characters life, it is us [the fans] that have kept them alive for so long.

Perhaps the people at Sony/Scifi should try to keep that in mind.

Kat
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 November 2005, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Sorry that I can't rep you Dani, but thanx for the recent green, all of you!

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

The Oh Yea Times – Entertainment Page

Just when you thought you couldn’t get through another day. When you thought it couldn’t get any blacker, it’s back, despite no fan base at all, for a one off slot on Radio Samanda. The spectacular radio broadcasting failure – “The Accountant’s Turntable” will once more grace the airwaves with the RA’s own perfectly British and very wry music selection.

There is a veritable feast of tunes to brush lightly over your lobes and to remind us of the current topics of the land.

First off we have a selection paying homage to the GABIT event attended by a number of our Samandan’s – including the RA herself. So to kick off the show we have a fitting tributes to our very own Queen who set the tone of the event from her very first appearance on the Saturday Q&A session

This Will Make You Laugh – Natalie Cole

The Queen looked even younger in person than on screen, so what other disc can be spun apart from

Holding Back The Years – Simply Red

Our dear 1speed attended the event in search of something – it certainly wasn’t his sanity he found – but possibly:

Enlightenment – Van Morrison

The RA has revealed to a source that as always with her fans our Queen was a picture of happiness and fun. We all think

God Put A Smile On Your Face – Coldplay

The Queen’s input into the event was the same 100% enthusiasm with which she seems to approach all things in life

All Or Nothing At All – Diana Krall

Sadly the Samandan Four fell foul of less than respectful thread lurkers when posting the GABIT news report and what followed was

The Rumour – Paul Carrack

This development did have a positive side affect when the gateworld forum erupted in support for our Queen

Everybody’s Talkin’ – Nilsson

And the final disc in this section will be a thank you from all the attendees, to our revered Queen who always gives her all at fan events

Nobody Does It Better – Carly Simon

Since the event and the less than positive news about our favourite Sci Fi character Samanda has been alive with debate on the direction of the show. The boy Coop seems to have borne the brunt of our misgivings so the RA has put together a selection of songs just for the Man who could bring the whole show down. First off is little tribute to what our indignant RA would like to do with the Boy Coop given the chance.

“First off I’d like to rap my knuckles on his shiny bonce and shout”

Hello In There!” – Bette Midler.

Then I’d buy him a one way

Ticket To The Moon – ELO

Despite the fact our RA is furious at the moment and has got a firm hold of something she calls

My Winding Wheel – Ryan Adams

It is the paper’s view too that Rob may well be in a bit of hot water, if the show folds Stargate fans may well chase him to the end of the world. So even if he’s

Leaving On A Jet Plane – John Denver

He’d most certainly better

Hit The Ground Running – Tim Finn.

The last few months in his interviews he’s sure been projecting a certain opinion of himself

I’m The Man – Joe Jackson

Nothing’s more certain that when Claudia Black is on the scene The Boy Coop certainly achieves

A Rush Of Blood To The Head – Coldplay.

Our spirited Jester certainly has a dim view of the writer right now as well and thinks he's

Friends with the Devil – Counting Crows.

With all the hype and drool Rob seems to be lavishing on his new stars of the show one had just got to ask

Who’s Zooming Who? – Aretha Franklin.

Our head reporter certainly believes that Rob Cooper is standing on

Quicksand - Travis

We’ve all been speculating about what will be with our beloved SG1 and what will happen to our gallant gal Sam Carter. We have all wondered at some stage if the changes will eventually mean we will have to

Kiss This Thing Goodbye – Del Amitri

And if our Queen should jump ship now and go in search of the

Bright Lights – Matchbox 20

The Paper’s view is that the series with a reduced Sam Carter role is just

Dead In The Water – David Gray

It is sad to say that we think TPTB are just totally

Oblivious – Aztec Camera

We’ve all been aghast and upset that our Queen was in the dark about her character’s potential demotion and crossover into Atlantis and in fact at GABIT she joked how she was

The Last To Know – Del Amitri

And that it sure seems like

It’s a Man’s Man’s World – Bobby Womack

It is so sad that at present it seems

That’s The Way Of The World – Richard Tee

We all know on the thread that our queen is the proverbial

Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin

And we’ll follow her to

The End Of The Road – Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

I hope our Queen knows we’re all

Writing To Reach You – Travis

And although we think after season 10 the sci fi news will be headlining

Another One Bites The Dust – Queen

We all know our Queen will go onward and upward because any production she will ever work on will be

Always Better With You – Paul Carrack

There’s no doubt our Queen has the talent to knock every actor off this planet. The viewing public better

Hold On Tight – ELO

We all know she is

Too MARVELOUS For Words - Frank Sinatra

So when she has gone from strength to strength and Rob Coop is left in writing wasteland thinking

Where Did I Go Wrong – Paul Carrack

In the Newspaper’s opinion is there’s only one thing our Queen should say to the Boy Coop:-

Peel Me A Grape – Diana Krall.

The last disc to be spun in this marathon is an important message to an actor we are all in awe of and a person we all admire. We’re all

Always Gonna Love You – Gary Moore

So Tune in tonight to Samandan Radio on the frequency – once is too often.
                    Last edited by Coley; 17 November 2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Send it to Olivia. One of my family's most prized possessions is a portrait of my mom.
                      Neat idea!

Comment

Greetings fellow Samandans,

Sorry I've been lurking a lot these days. RL has been rough of late and I haven't had the energy to chime in. Now I'm off to the Farscape con for the weekend and won't be on at all for the next few days.

Don't know if txaslady will see this, but I emailed you a couple days ago and never got a reply, I'm guessing the internet demons ate that email. No worries. Just look for a short lady with shortish dark brown hair, annoying everyone. I'll be wearing a laynard with my name tag (SunKrux) and a couple of buttons - one reads "Harvey made me do it" and the other "Frell you and the Prowler you flew in on". Hope we can hook up.

Later gaters! Have fun while I'm gone! Remember to take care of each other and be kind to my gal Vala while I'm gone.

the crazy, but loveable Scaper Royal Sambassador.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Okay........ I'll send it off to Amanda c/o Bridge with a short thank ya and a smile. This will officially qualify as the first fanmail of any kind I've ever sent anyone EVER mind you. But Amanda's way cool, so it's all good.

It'd be pretty outstanding if she actually did like it. That'd be awesome.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Huge apologies to Rob Cooper if all this vent is misdirected - I shall do you an apology show if so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              Yes I went to check out the post as well. I don't think we are really going to know much until everyone has signed. Thanks SnoggingPicard for directing us to the post. Rachel Luttrell seems excited about working with AT. I'm sure all the fans are a little nervous until we know more.
                              I'd love to see some good scenes with Sam and Teyla and also with Weir. I bet Sam and Beckett would get along great too. Anything but *only* Sam and McKay.

Oh and on the use of the sketch--in my non-expert opinion, I think if you are using the image of the person for anything you might sell you might need to clear it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Everyone keeps saying that RDA didn't keep the show together. That even without him it has managed to survive, but in effect, it really hasn't. Because when RDA left the show, even partly in season 6, the show began to die piece by piece. Little things that I had so loved about the Stargate began to disappear and now it's become nothing more than a shell of what it once was....

There's been too much interference by Sony/Scifi. Too many changes to the cast and storylines and too few explanations as to why so much of it has happened. The show that once stimulated my mind and warmed my heart now confuses and disappoints me.

Kat
                                Perhaps the case is that *Jack* didn't hold the show together, but RDA did. Let's face it, the man's a star and that gives him some pull. Combine that with being executive producer (with his company I would guess putting up money & not just getting producer credit like everyone on the writing staff seems to get) he had some clout to stand up against half baked ideas from Sci Fi or MGM (now Sony).

I'm hopeful that Brad Wright will be very involved in anything AT does on Atlantis. He seems to "get" Samantha Carter. He may have even created the character in the first place, so he should.

Comment

Working...
                                X