Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Congratulations! You've cleaned out your cache! And, to stay on-topic. Sam is smart. I'm certain she cleans out her cache regularly!
    And, because Sam is such a good role model when it comes to the care of doohickeys including computers, I followed your instructions so I could be computer-smart like Sam!!! Thanks for the tip!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      I've never been to a Stargate one, but I've done several Trek affairs...and yes, I've been known to dress up. I went as Captain Janeway when I was eleven because I'm that pathetic. But wow, to see Amanda in real life...WOW!! I'm already excited, and I don't even have a ticket!
      Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      I LOVE Janeway, I don't think that's pathetic...in fact I'm sitting here trying to think of how I would dress up for a SG con in DC next year!!! I'm really not one to draw attention to myself, though, so I'd prolly just go camo - and it would be an excuse to carry a big honkin' gun, albeit a plastic one...
      I don't think it's pathetic either! I bought the Janeway ornament Hallmark made a few years ago, and kept it in my office for ages because she was such an outstanding leader. Gee, maybe when the Stargate figures are introduced, I'll get a mini-Sam to keep in my office! I bet she and Janeway would be great friends!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        And, because Sam is such a good role model when it comes to the care of doohickeys including computers, I followed your instructions so I could be computer-smart like Sam!!! Thanks for the tip!!
        You're welcome, Christine! Glad it was of assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Haiku for the Young and the Brave

What more can one give?
          Leaving friends and family
          Trusting to come home

Following the call
          Putting greater good ahead
          Knowing the danger

Wanting to believe
          That what you do will matter
          Dying not in vain

Life and war not fair
          Who validates the outcome
          Blood and tears the price

Who once was, is not
          Heart beating fast, now silent
          All around go on

Politicians talk
          They do not have the answer
          Answer lies within

Only those who die
          Have the right to talk of war
          Can we still listen?

I wrote this last year for another sci-fi forum, but it still seems to apply. Peace, CG
          Beautiful. I went to the cenotaph today for the ceremony despite the freezing wind and torrential downpour. It was really packed which was very lovely to see, especially given the awful weather.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Just as an aside, I can make whatever kinds of bumper stickers, banners, t-shirts, coffee cups, etc. that we want for our own use on Samanda...

I think we ought to put our newly-designed flag on a coffee mug and a navy or black t-shirt. The words "Hic Comitas Regit" would appear beneath the flag on the shirt, and alongside the flag on the mug (or however Über's artistic sense told her to place it). Wouldn't that be great? How much? Where do we sign up?

Comment

YES! And timing is everything in life ... she hit the list right around all the GABIT publicity and special attention. So this was a good thing ... Amanda Tapping, soon to be a household name! (Okay, I'll restrain myself!)

There are probably many more pre-teen and teen Harry Potter fans than those of us in a certain, ahem, Samandan demographic.

Heaven knows, I even cleaned out my cookie jar to help the effort!
              I voted for AT at every opportunity too. I love both Stargate & Harry Potter! I even voted for Daniel Radcliffe to be added to the list. Now I feel guilty. I was just hoping he would be replacing Kayser (?!#@), who shouldn't have been on there in the first place!

Sigh......Hollywood, folks.....I'm just sayin'.

Comment

I voted for AT at every opportunity too. I love both Stargate & Harry Potter! I even voted for Daniel Radcliffe to be added to the list. Now I feel guilty. I was just hoping he would be replacing Kayser (?!#@), who shouldn't have been on there in the first place!

Sigh......Hollywood, folks.....I'm just sayin'.
                Maybe I should take appointments with the Ori because I'm in serious need of enlightment. Who's this Kayser guy ?
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Just hopping in on the virus topic for a sec [dons royal technician hat]... I actually use a free for home use antivirus program which is as good as any commercial product I've used [has used em all]. The company behind it is into trying to keep the net virus free.. so if anyone needs av software pm me and I'll point you at it.

I recommend it to everyone while I'm fixing their computers [is a real life computer technician]

[takes off royal technician hat]

sigpic

Comment

Uh.....1speed.....methinks you may be in a little "hot water!"

Ok.....I get the "in a min" part.....but could you please translate the rest?
                    More likely cold water on our next MTB ride....just a little nudge on his tyre from mine at the appropriate moment. You can swim can't you 1s?

go up town for me butties:-

Tear myself away from the current financial conudrum, go downstairs and clock out, walk briskly up to the high street - 3 mins, head for "Greggs" Get sidetracked into WHSmiths and read latest sci fi mags. Restrain myself from snarling and ripping up yet another Rob Cooper article where he salivates profusley over Claudia Black and mentions all the main cast apart from Amanda. Leave WHSmiths in a miff. Go to Greggs and get my usual tuna and salad sandwhich (buttie). Walk back to the office forgetting to post letters in letter box along the way.

Well you did ask!!!

Many thanks for the instructions on cookie cleaning!!!

Comment

Haiku for the Young and the Brave

What more can one give?
                      Leaving friends and family
                      Trusting to come home

Following the call
                      Putting greater good ahead
                      Knowing the danger

Wanting to believe
                      That what you do will matter
                      Dying not in vain

Life and war not fair
                      Who validates the outcome
                      Blood and tears the price

Who once was, is not
                      Heart beating fast, now silent
                      All around go on

Politicians talk
                      They do not have the answer
                      Answer lies within

Only those who die
                      Have the right to talk of war
                      Can we still listen?

I wrote this last year for another sci-fi forum, but it still seems to apply. Peace, CG
                      Just beautiful, CG. Thank you.

And thanks too to Strix for sharing your experiences at the Washington memorial. Your photo of the personal tribute reminded me of the time I visited the Tyne Cot WW1 cemetary, near Ypres in Belgium. As well as almost 12000 graves (70% of which are unidentified), the cemetary also has a memorial bearing the names of almost 35000 fallen who have no known grave. As if that wasn't thought-provoking enough, a small personal tribute had been left in front of one of the panels on the wall, and simply said "Dad, at last I've found you". Still bring the tears to my eyes even now.

Comment

You know, that's a really good point. Remember the ever-present AF advisor who had to approve hairstyles, uniforms, protocol, the commissary menu (just kidding!) ... I guess Vala managed to slip through in her abbreviated SGC BDUs or jacket or whatever because she isn't really considered a member of the USAF ... but what about respect for the uniform? Even the late-season cut-off t-shirts seemed a bit much at times ... hmm ... maybe there's a hidden AF rule that now allows "casual Fridays at the office"!
                        Just to lighten the mood and get back vaguely on-topic, what a brilliant idea - "Dress-Down Friday at the SGC". Personally, I'd go for Hawaiian shirts all round, brighten the place up a bit. Or maybe 1969 (Slight Return)?

Anybody else got any suggestions?

Comment

Does everybody realise we are not far behind in views than that of the Daniel/MS Think thread. We started way behind that thread (unless it has been reset???) See how popular our lass is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Maybe I should take appointments with the Ori because I'm in serious need of enlightment. Who's this Kayser guy ?
                            I have to admit I had never heard of Kaysar either as I'm not a big television watcher. I honestly didn't even know there had been a Big Brother television show let alone Big Brother #6 LOL. However, from what I have read on the internet over five million Americans voted for Kaysar to remain on the show. Even if Stargate fans were united in their opinions and we all voted for Amanda, I don't thing we could truly compete with the number of people who seem to watch this show.

So I'm just happy that Amanda made it on the list at all. I think Amanda making it on the list was a positive thing for her and the Stargate franchise. Even if she didn't stay on it for long, it may have peaked at least one readers interest as to who she was and they may choose to watch an episode of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Does everybody realise we are not far behind in views than that of the Daniel/MS Think thread. We started way behind that thread (unless it has been reset???) See how popular our lass is!!
                              Hey There, you of the tuna buttie persuasion ... I was thinking the same thing only yesterday. I always scan the number of posts/hits at other threads and this caught my attention. Sam chasing Daniel ... hehehe ... in a non-shipping way of course!

As to giving 1speed's cycle a bit of a nudge ... something like this?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/BikeFlip.jpg

Or is this 1speed just flipping over Sam?!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 November 2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I have to admit I had never heard of Kaysar either as I'm not a big television watcher. I honestly didn't even know there had been a Big Brother television show let alone Big Brother #6 LOL. However, from what I have read on the internet over five million Americans voted for Kaysar to remain on the show. Even if Stargate fans were united in their opinions and we all voted for Amanda, I don't thing we could truly compete with the number of people who seem to watch this show.

So I'm just happy that Amanda made it on the list at all. I think Amanda making it on the list was a positive thing for her and the Stargate franchise. Even if she didn't stay on it for long, it may have peaked at least one readers interest as to who she was and they may choose to watch an episode of Stargate.
                                I see that the Reality Show plague has become a pandemia. I used to watch a lot television but ever since those boring and idiotic shows began, I'm not a big TV watcher anymore. I usually turn it on for Stargate ( that's 3 months a year for me. I am SO glad I have the DVDs ! ) and the news if I'm lucky enough to come home before they end. And even the news tend to turn on reality shows now.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X