No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just fyi... GW's lead story. Nothing we don't already know.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...rtoiatla.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
      I don't back anything I've read thus far ... Instead I'm just left with my mouth hanging open with the hate I'm reading here.

Because AT/SC MIGHT be split between two shows, you aren't going to watch either? And Atlantis sucks, you don't watch it but it must suck because you don't watch it ... Or is it because Sam and Jack aren't in it that it sucks? I can't keep track anymore. I didn't realize the name of the show was actually "Stargate: Sam and Jack" ... I'm really new to the show so maybe that's just my shortsightedness. I thought it was the writing that really made the show, again I'm new.

:: Shaking her head :: Just ... :: Continues to shake her head in disbelief ::

Adrianne
      ouch.

the reason you're getting conflicting ideas is because there's different opinions from many ppl in this thread. the one thing that unites us all, though, is our love for sam and amanda.

i don't hate atlantis, i just don't watch it. i will watch it, though, if amanda is on.

i hope you can stay, adrianne, and be able to find your voice and feel comfortable with what you're reading.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Golfbooy

We only know that CB has been asked back - it may only be for one ep - who knows???!!!!
        If only!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
          Coming out of lurkdom for a brief visit....I don't see any negativity on this thread concerning the whole situation about AT and the character she portrays. I see frustration, anxiety, fear, disbelief, shock (should I go on) that an integral Stargate SG-1 character and a great actress that portrays forementioned integral character was basically dissed by TPTB. After 9 years with the show, you figured they would have done better by AT and Sam. TPTB could have at least gone to AT to explain the situation first instead of AT having to go ask the question. That's what upsets me the most, she had to hear scuttlebutt first before hearing it straight from the horse's mouth. (Just my 2¢ worth)

i think that's what's getting to a lot of us too. well, besides the fact that this is even happening that is.

it shows so much disrespect toward amanda that she wasn't even given the courtesy of having this situation explained to her *before* it became a situation.

i said this to a friend of mine today, but it's like sam carter is now an orphan (to the show).

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

my brain is still trying to process this.........

still say HOW RUDE!!!!!

all this was on my mind today.......i don't even think that i can concentrate on school tomorrow.........to overwhelming.........frustrated.......a$$es (to no one, just needed to be said)

all i can think of to do is send hugs to everyone and to amanda

*i keep coming close to tears*
            Stargate Pants Girl
            (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
            Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Just read all the overnight posts and i still feel so sad that this is happening, what i would like to hear from the PTB is a message to us telling us that Sam is very much an inportant part of the Stargate world and they have somthing big for her in s10 so we can then talk about that, because at the momment i have lost all interest in Stargate and surely that is not what tptb do not want to hear.
              I know i'm just one fan out of many but if i feel like that and by reading this and other thread many more also feel like this what will the off line people think when they get to hear of this, this great show will nose dive!

Thankyou once again Gabit goers for all the info and for all the lovely smileling pics people have posted here of Amanda and i'm so glad she does indeed know of this thread.
              ......TARA......

Comment

Wow... me either.. anyone got a bigger version of that pic?

Originally posted by Naeara
                Oh I adore this picture! I've never seen it before.
                sigpic

Comment

Have a read of this post over at the forums at amandatapping.com
                  How great is she???

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    ouch.

the reason you're getting conflicting ideas is because there's different opinions from many ppl in this thread. the one thing that unites us all, though, is our love for sam and amanda.

i don't hate atlantis, i just don't watch it. i will watch it, though, if amanda is on.

i hope you can stay, adrianne, and be able to find your voice and feel comfortable with what you're reading.

sally
                    well Amanda is going to be Atlantis apparently, theres an Atlantis/SG-1 crossover episode in season 2 of Atlantis

EDIT:
                    and i just read a rumour that Amanda might be going between SGA and SG-1
                    Last edited by Tauri Warrior; 30 October 2005, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hope this mess gets sorted out, Amanda seems to come across as a lovely genuine person, I imagine that quality is hard to come by in her profession, I would expect better treatment from TPTB after 9 years.

Personally I would not like to see her leave SG, but what ever she decide to do in the future we will support her.
                      So much for the great family of Stargate, that we have heard so much about over the last 9 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Have a read of this post over at the forums at amandatapping.com
                        How great is she???
                        that is so awesome

*crying over it, tears streaming down my face*

all i got to say is AMANDA YOU ARE AN AWESOME PERSON

xox
                        Stargate Pants Girl
                        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                          Just read all the overnight posts and i still feel so sad that this is happening, what i would like to hear from the PTB is a message to us telling us that Sam is very much an inportant part of the Stargate world and they have somthing big for her in s10 so we can then talk about that, because at the momment i have lost all interest in Stargate and surely that is not what tptb do not want to hear.
                          I know i'm just one fan out of many but if i feel like that and by reading this and other thread many more also feel like this what will the off line people think when they get to hear of this, this great show will nose dive!

Thankyou once again Gabit goers for all the info and for all the lovely smileling pics people have posted here of Amanda and i'm so glad she does indeed know of this thread.
                          Hey from London. Con was FANTASTIC. AT looked BRILLIANT and overwelmed at the love shown to her and SAM.

Only down side to me was the fact you and Skydiver could not come

Comment

Kat if you are there please read your email or just pm me and let me know what is happening down there!!

Comment

kat,
                              look at your email or pm me please let me know what is going on down there!!!

Comment

Right just my spout
                                had a blinking heart attack when I saw gateworld had taken our posts and posted an official news article from them.
                                I'd just like to apologise to AT if this puts her in a difficult position!!

If there is more of Vala there is no more me watching. I do not want to watch scantily dressed sex tease. I like my viewing to be more intelligent than that. seasons 1 to 6 had the exact qualities to get me hooked. Intelligent thought provoking stories, great team based cast, fantastic strong and admirable female lead. Mmmm not much of that left.
                                No offence to CB at all, but Vala is just about the worst thing a woman could be and Sam is just about the best thing. She may be fun to some and I can see why, but to me she's just another 2 bit bimbo with a bit of wit thrown in.
                                I'm totally appalled at the direction the show is being taken, totally appalled
                                Apalled at the way Amanda has been treated
                                I hope she can leave the show if she is unhappy. Lots of things for her to consider. She is better than what they are proposing for her. I for one would love to see her in other things.

I doubt I would watch SG1 if Vala was in even if Sam was in too, I feel that strongly about the way women are portrayed on tv and on sci fi shows in general

Comment

Working...
                                X