Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Perhaps when the news is officially reported by ChopinGal that she'll be able to see it differently than I did.
    and when is this going to happen?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

If I have to say 'What' one more time, heads are going to roll!!
      sig by PM

Comment

Ack. I hope I didn't go too far. Knee jerk reaction and all that...

Perhaps when the news is officially reported by ChopinGal that she'll be able to see it differently than I did.
        I'm getting freaked, here. The disturbance in the Samanda Force is palpable. I just read a lot of spec. Do we have ANY concrete idea WHAT the something wicked/bad this way comes?

Skydiver, I respect your position here. Tough call. Samandans, let's carry our celebration forward, if only to honor good times past and present.

Just sayin', it's always darkest before dawn. Let's wait for some light to be shed on all this before we fall into a black hole.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          I'm getting freaked, here. The disturbance in the Samanda Force is palpable. I just read a lot of spec. Do we have ANY concrete idea WHAT the something wicked/bad this way comes?

Skydiver, I respect your position here. Tough call. Samandans, let's carry our celebration forward, if only to honor good times past and present.

Just sayin', it's always darkest before dawn. Let's wait for some light to be shed on all this before we fall into a black hole.
          agreed
          and you need a medal for motivational speeches.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I never could have imagined such a level of disrespect to Amanda and to her fans. I am so incredibly offended by their lack of regard for her as a person, for her contribution to the franchise over the years, for her fans all over the world.

I hope this stupid franchise crashes and burns.
            Steady, Über; passing a big hug your way. Hope it helps. Your post suggests we may need a big group hug, soon.

Just sayin', hang in there with us.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              ok guys, i've read a synopsis of what is to be posted....and since i know that many here will find this not to be good news, i would like to point out some positive aspects.

there ARE positive aspects to this and while one way may to see it as negative, in another way this is fantastic for amanda's career.

while there may be a certain lack of respect in one way, in another she is being offerered something with far more of a future than riding a dying series to the ground. IMHO, i will be very surprised if stargate lasts past s10 and this spoiler suggests that she has a future with the franchise and is being given an opportunity that the others are not.

while it may not have been handled in the best way, amanda and sam are being afforded an opportunity that could lead to employment for years...a LOT longer than i personally think the other stargate actors will have.
              So true Sky - although all has not been handled well in the long run this could be a very good thing for AT

Only time will tell
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                Samandans, let's carry our celebration forward, if only to honor good times past and present.
                I am really going nuts here right now, but I was working on this post when the news of bad news came in (just my attempt at contributing...)

Originally posted by deepspace
                I totally agree with you. Teal'c could so easily have had naught zero zilch respect for Sam because of her gender. Instead, he chose to see her as a warrior. (A formiddable warrior if I remember his wording ) And I think they both have a very stable relationship, one of trust, friendship... a kind of security I guess, each knowing that they believe the other worthy to watch their back.
                However I also like her relationship with Jack, and I'm not talking shippy, just they have an amazing interaction with each other nomatter wha they do. It's kind of a friendship that goes beyond words, which is why I guess I've never wanted TPTB to spell it out for us .
                I like her sister brother like relationship with Daniel. How they always at least try to show some interest in what each other are completely 'fascinated' by. How they stand up for each other (I'm thinking when Daniel tells Jack that Sam did the right thing by trying to communicate with the being in Entity).
                I loved Sam and Jonas, she always looked out for the new guy. Helped him learn certain things about human culture/society. And how she was, I think, the first one to totally trust him and accept him. (I'm thinking that episode where Jonas gets precognitive visions, one moment where Sam's just been fried and Jonas is sitting with her in the infirmary. Wish I could remember it better.)
                I'll hold off on Cam until I actually see Sam and Cam in an ep together.
                I agree with you guys. Sam is my favorite character and I just adore Amanda, but the team is what makes Stargate what it is. And friendship scenes are always special to me.
                I agree with all the above, but I found the Sam and Janet friendship to be a special one, too. Wished they had shown more of it (for example not cut some of the Sam/Janet scenes). Two strong woman, who helped each other and looked out for each other, like in Hathor.
                So, since caps are appreciated, here are two Sam/Janet pics.

And how about this one for a nice Sam/Daniel scene:

But, somebody please tell us what's going on!!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  all has not been handled well in the long run
                  ??????
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                    If I have to say 'What' one more time, heads are going to roll!!
                    Yipes, I hope not! That could be messy. Kidding. Nobody knows the troubles being seen at Gabit, just those there. No doubt the news will break soon.

Just sayin', we'll see.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, Qasim, what did those damn numbers do now?
                      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                        Okay, Qasim, what did those damn numbers do now?
                        The numbers are on a different channel
                        love Torri

Comment

Ack!!! Have to post again, had a bad post count number!!

I hope it, whatever it is, is showbiz related and not personal. If she is leaving the show or starting a new one, maybe? Or just wants to be a mom for awhile? Not because something bad has happened in her life.
                          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            The numbers are on a different channel

Yeah, I know all about those numbers and they are the square root of all evil.
                            sig by PM

Comment