X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    *jumps up and down exitedly*
    She saw our book! Yippee !
    And some Samandans have met each other !
    And Über, you absolutely rock for keeping us up with what they're doing .
    DITTO on that sentiment, deepspace!

Just sayin', Samandans rock whereever they are, ESP in person! Love you, guys!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      All you need do is look for MY posts. They'll solve all of your needs.

Wow. That was obnoxious even for me.
      But Über, that's your duty, remember? Royal Pain in the Mikta?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Wouldn’t it be nice if she has had the time to read the SaGC Collection all the way to that very last page with Kat’s kingdom picture? Well, maybe at least browsed the book to the end. It would take a really long time for Amanda and Olivia to actually read all the wonderful posts.

Oh, wait! There she is, and it IS the last page!

Thanks to Astro for the pic of the book. Here's her link to additional SaGC Collection photos. Thanks to Kat and PITM for letting us know (via CG) that Amanda received the superb collection that was compiled by Astro.

http://home.comcast.net/~1annex/SaGCBoundCollection.htm
        Gorgeous manip, SamFan31! I'd love to think AT had a moment to flip through the book just to appreciate how much went into it. For sure she felt the love as soon as she got it. BTW, miss Astro.

Just sayin'.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, to think we came pretty close to starting a new one. We wouldn't be anywhere near 1000 if we had .

I just want to give thanks to Traveler, who's been runnin' the royal party for us while the elders are away. Keep it up!

So, we need FOOD!
          Jello, cake, beans, what else can you all think of!?
          Methinks maybe the paty will be a little less drunk with our Royal Accountant and her slow gin absent. Unless someone spikes the jello, which I think happened last year. *deepspace reminds herself to be careful of the jello*.
          Thanks for you kind words, deepspace. I've been inspired by the Samanda elders, as you call them, and all of you who put so much time and creativity and perspiration (! !) into this wonderful site. Just doing my part, finally!

Hmm. Your tidbits work for me. Some chips, maybe? And I missed the spiked jello! Come to think of it, I missed the last gala. Wasn't there a rumor of cake?

Just sayin', nosh on!
          sigpic

Comment

I love Sam's relationship with Jack first and foremost...and I don't just mean the whole ship thing...I mean I enjoy their friendshippy moments too like from Ascension.

But I'd say after Jack, my favorite Sam relationship has to be Teal'c. I love their dynamic.

From Teal'c's culture, he could very easily have seen Sam as just a woman...I remember Bratac's impression of her:

BRA'TAC: You, you are among the warriors who defeated the palace guard at Chulak? A human woman?

Teal'c has addressed Jaffa women as "woman" too...so it would have made sense for him to see Sam as just a woman. But I never got that sense that he did. Or if he did feel that way at first...say in Children of the gods...he never showed it. Maybe it was because he trusted Jack...and if O'Neill had her on his team there was a good reason for it. So he reserved judgment of her and saw pretty quickly that she was more than just a woman, she truly was a warrior with a heart as strong as his.
            I totally agree with you. Teal'c could so easily have had naught zero zilch respect for Sam because of her gender. Instead, he chose to see her as a warrior. (A formiddable warrior if I remember his wording ) And I think they both have a very stable relationship, one of trust, friendship... a kind of security I guess, each knowing that they believe the other worthy to watch their back.
            However I also like her relationship with Jack, and I'm not talking shippy, just they have an amazing interaction with each other nomatter wha they do. It's kind of a friendship that goes beyond words, which is why I guess I've never wanted TPTB to spell it out for us .
            I like her sister brother like relationship with Daniel. How they always at least try to show some interest in what each other are completely 'fascinated' by. How they stand up for each other (I'm thinking when Daniel tells Jack that Sam did the right thing by trying to communicate with the being in Entity).
            I loved Sam and Jonas, she always looked out for the new guy. Helped him learn certain things about human culture/society. And how she was, I think, the first one to totally trust him and accept him. (I'm thinking that episode where Jonas gets precognitive visions, one moment where Sam's just been fried and Jonas is sitting with her in the infirmary. Wish I could remember it better.)
            I'll hold off on Cam until I actually see Sam and Cam in an ep together.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Yeah, to think we came pretty close to starting a new one. We wouldn't be anywhere near 1000 if we had .

I just want to give thanks to Traveler, who's been runnin' the royal party for us while the elders are away. Keep it up!

So, we need FOOD!
              Jello, cake, beans, what else can you all think of!?
              Methinks maybe the paty will be a little less drunk with our Royal Accountant and her slow gin absent. Unless someone spikes the jello, which I think happened last year. *deepspace reminds herself to be careful of the jello*.
              I agree deepspace! Traveler, you're doing a marvelous job playing hostess and keeping the social activity going. Thanks.

Comment

she saw the book!
                she saw the book!
                she saw the book!

wheee!!!!!!!

ahem, ok, friendship moments.

sam and teal'c in foothold. when she says i'll be back for y ou and he says 'of that i am certain'

sam and daniel in jolinar's memories, after she has the jolinar whammy and gets upset and he tries to help
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  While we wait for a report from GABIT how about an older con pics for fun

WHOOO-HOOO BACKATCHA, AMANDA!

WE FEEL THE LOVE, TOO!

tsaxlady, Good rallyin' pics!

Just sayin', keep on rolling!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                    Hi guys it's me. I know no one will remember but I'm the person who once walked in, confessed to being a shallow young woman who spent so long admiring the SG1 guys (Read: RDA) she'd neglected well...Sam. After this stirring confession and promise to mend my ways (Which I did by the way. Don't hang out here but I greatly admire her onscreen) I mentioned how beautiful Sam/AT is in season 9. Mentioned how incredibly cool she is, and left. While I realize this does not make me one of you, I am hoping I can ask you guys for a favor.

I need Sam/Gate moments. Moment's with Sam and the Stargate. The first one that always comes to mind for me is the Pilot, but Jack in the screen a lot in that scene and I want just Sam and the Gate. It doesn't have to last long, and it can involve guns, action, any kind of mood just, the kind of scene you'd use if you were making a Sam/Gate ship vid. (Just for the record it's not. Although, it is an idea....)
                    Come on now, don't talk like that, just the very fact that you love Sam means that you are one of us. I hope the rest of the forum doesn't view us like we're all one big clique and don't want anyone to enter .

As for Sam/Gate moments, how about that one in 2001 where she's falling through the gate backwards! That's a spectacular one.
                    And there's nothing but Sam and the Gate .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I just heard from Kat.

A report will be forthcoming from CG regarding the news.

It's not good at all.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Cake for all:

Whoa. Now THAT'S a CAKE! And so worthy of our celebration. Thanks for the yummy, Qasim!

Just sayin', dig in!
                        sigpic

Comment

I just heard from Kat.

It's not good at all.
                          not good? What does this mean? I hope nothing bad has happened. Is everyone ok?

*deepspace is very worried*

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I just heard from Kat.

It's not good at all.
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

The end of the world is nigh
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X