No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's a funny scenario.....can you imagine what would happen if Sam and Vala were to exchange clothes???? vala in bdu's and sam in...well sam in leather (we know that AD would be a happy man)

how would cam, daniel and teal'c react?

oh to heck with that, how would landry react?

oh, and txas....good point.

Let's remember, we do our best to keep SAmanda a happy place. If others don't like thier forums that way, cool for them. we don't have to go there
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I sadly am popping in way too late to wish the GABIT attendees a safe trip and a great time!! But I'm saying it anyway!

It should be a blast to be at a convention that is centered on AT!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        I sadly am popping in way too late to wish the GABIT attendees a safe trip and a great time!! But I'm saying it anyway!

It should be a blast to be at a convention that is centered on AT!!
        That being said, I found out that my package arrived in the UK this very morning. WOOOOOOOOOO....

Oh. I told you all about that right???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Okay I know I have not been around much lately. Work has been really busy, dealing with some pretty difficult situations at school. When I have time to get online for fun and drop in, to be honest with all that is going on currently if the thread is to negitive then I don't stay past reading a few post. Please don't take any offense to this but coming into the thread and talking about other boards is not my idea of a fun time. I have been to a number of other boards and yup some of the people there have opinions different from mine and some of them talk bad about other forums (but aren't we doing the same thing with some of our less than nice nicknames for other forums). Some days it reminds me a lot of dealing with kids at school and since I do that all day it's not what I want to do in my off hours. I try to remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion and if people are being negitive or rude when I disagree with their opinion then I'm free to leave. Getting into a name calling match does no good, in fact it usually just makes things worse. Trying to debate with someone that is being ugly or rude - well remember you can't change everyones mind - sometimes the best thing to do is say your peace and leave.
          Okay sorry for the rant - but could we please be a little less negitive about other forums. You want to go there and leave posts about your views/opinion "hey go for it", I have but I don't try and beat a dead horse over the head with my views as the saying goes.

Remember this post is my opinion you are free to have a differing one
          Point well made, tsaxlady. So, see you at our Royal 1000th Page Gala, for some POSITIVE, funny, serious, thoughtful, off the wall opinions? Starts at 12 am and goes all weekend (til Sunday noon). Nothing but goodies about and for Sam/Amanda. Sounds like we could use your presence! See, that great pic is a nice start!

Originally posted by deepspace
          So, everyone have a great weekend, whether you're going to the big G or the big G (former=GABIT latter=Gala), and I'll try and spend some time here if I can. I know it's the weekend, but that doesn't mean I can make promises .
          Love you all,
          deep
          ///
          At least us homestayers will have the royal Gala to attend, that's something. At least, some of us hope we can attend. All this talk of posting marathons... I hope I don't miss it . Must, must, must find time to be online enough to at least pop into the big event, even if I can't stay at the party long.
          deepspace, come for a minute or an hour! Fly-by posts are allowed and appreciated.

We'll dance the hic comitas regit in honor of the UK Gabit. Um, whatever that may be at least it will be friendly! See ya later!

Just sayin', Everyone, come on down!
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            here's a funny scenario.....can you imagine what would happen if Sam and Vala were to exchange clothes???? vala in bdu's and sam in...well sam in leather (we know that AD would be a happy man)

Comment

so gabit runs friday through sunday?

is it friday in the uk already?

we'll get rundowns of EVERYTHING that's going on, right?

i can't wait to hear about amanda!!!

gabit attendees, have fun and spoil us with spoilers!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

how would cam, daniel and teal'c react?

oh to heck with that, how would landry react?

oh, and txas....good point.

Let's remember, we do our best to keep SAmanda a happy place. If others don't like thier forums that way, cool for them. we don't have to go there

I don't think either one would be too comfortable, but if the 'accidently' used Machello switching machine.....
                sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                  I don't think either one would be too comfortable, but if the 'accidently' used Machello switching machine.....
                  and IMAGINE how i'd be if sam, in vala's body, had to act like vala *puts on innocent look*
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and IMAGINE how i'd be if sam, in vala's body, had to act like vala *puts on innocent look*
                    I think it would be a fantastic role for both ladies. Here you have Amanda, having to be Vala being Sam and Claudia having to be Sam being Vala.

That would be hysterical.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      so gabit runs friday through sunday?

is it friday in the uk already?

we'll get rundowns of EVERYTHING that's going on, right?

i can't wait to hear about amanda!!!

gabit attendees, have fun and spoil us with spoilers!

sally
                      London, UK is about 5 hours ahead of USA. Not too bad a difference if it's midday!

Just sayin'.
                      sigpic

Comment

HOORAY! SAMANDA'S ROYAL 1000TH PAGE CELEBRATION BALL BEGINS!

HELLO, EVERYBODY!
                        THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR PARTY.
                        ARE YOU READY? DON'T BE TARDY, LET'S GET IT JUMPIN', IT'S OUR PARTY!

Just sayin': my computer's sloooow tonight of all nights! Pre-hangover.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nearing page 1000 of Sam's a Great Character, I went back to our beginning. Majorsal started this thread on Dec. 18,, 2004, and I quote from her page 1:

Why do I like Sam? Because she's what I'd like to be. It helps that such a *wonderful* actress is playing her (and has a part to do with my love of Sam Carter).
                          Amen! Amanda Tapping showed us a character so real we could do no less than wait for each new ep to see her!

I'd like to start off this thread by naming a few eps that I feel are important to Sam's character in some way. Please add your thoughts and feelings.
                          And from page 1 to current page 967, many of us passed thru to do just that, share our impressions of Sam Carter and Stargate SG1. There's no doubt in my mind that Amanda Tapping gave her character a wonderful whole and believable persona. To do so for 9 years is exceptional.

I love that so many others felt as majorsal did, or maybe didn't! and came here to say so. Well, say whatever now, too!

Just sayin', counting down!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            I think it would be a fantastic role for both ladies. Here you have Amanda, having to be Vala being Sam and Claudia having to be Sam being Vala.

That would be hysterical.
                            My part in the ensuing hysteria:

SVala (Sam as Vala)
                            VSam (Vala as Sam)

Svala: I TOLD you not to touch that..(trips, looks at herself.) Holy sh--!

VSam: Touch what? That - whoooa! What's the matter with me? My legs, my body doesn't work right!

SVala: Dammit, Daniel was right, you don't listen! Come on...(trips again, grabs VSam)

VSam: What...wait a minute! (stares at Svala, then at herself). What am I, what are you...

SVala: Oh NOW you want to listen. That thing I warned you about? It manipulates matter on the cellular level to transpose the basic elements from one living creature into another!

VSam: It switches one person into another? But you didn't say that! You just said, don't touch that!

SVala: You need an explanation of "don't touch that?"

VSam: Well, if you'd said that, I wouldn't have ever touched it, and wind up...like this!

SVala: Like what?

VSam: Like this, a-a boy! My god, you walk like Mitchell!

SVala: Oh, and I like being stuck in this spindly frame used to walking in vamp heels? Give me a break!

VSam: Spindly! Female, you mean. I'm wearing combat boots! I've never...

(Daniel walks in. VSam runs to him.)

VSam: Daniel, tell Samantha Carter I am NOT spindly! You like my body, right?
                            ---

I'll have to work on Daniel's reaction! Cool idea!

Just sayin'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's an entry I thought was telling:

#7325 May 16th, 2005, 01:39 AM
                              ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Re: Sam's a great character - spoilers for *ALL* seasons
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Hey I had a fun dream I'd like to share...I was in this house and it was dark...almost as though it were haunted...and in the middle of the room was a chamber with someone being held hostage inside (kind of like from Resurrection) but it had a chute down the middle of it. The chamber was being guarded by someone. At first, I thought my role in the dream was to observe the rescue...but I quickly learned that I was to play an integral role.

This is when it got interesting...Teal'c showed up and gave me my cue as we helped the poor hostage escape and I shielded the hostage from the bad guy with my body...

It was then that I realized that I was SAM! I think Teal'c even addressed me that way (but hey, it was a dream and I'm a little fuzzy on the details).

Now I've had SG-1 dreams before...usually I'm a nobody who either observes or supports something that SG-1 and Carter are doing...but this time, I actually WAS SAM CARTER.

That was fun.
                              And fun to read. Forget Malkovich; Being Sam Carter has to be loads more, well, everything!

Just sayin'.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that was a cool dream. I wonder if it is too late to want to be Sam when I grow up.
                                sig by PM

Comment

Working...
                                X