Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    Ok, let's play with the presumption that Sam and Vala will both be in s10 and will not be mortal enemies

how would you

have them meet? have them work together? have them interact?

come up with a plot bunny or write a scene....how do you see sam and vala getting along?????

that can be the samanda assignment for the weekend for those of us not going to gabit
    Yay! Assignments!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Yay! Assignments!!
      Uh oh...I feel a whine coming on...BRACE YOURSELF....

Did no one like MY LITTLE STORY IDEA??!?!???

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

An assignment eh? Maybe I will have a go after my assignment on partial differentiation with functions of more than one variable and lagrange multipliers
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          !

Page 960! Page 1000 is coming up fast! My suggestions for the milestone:

-Post fave AT/SC pics, ship and non, with captions or for captioning.
          -Fave quotes (funniest, touching, shippy!!, or even angry/frustrating Sam), scenes (AT/SC of course!)
          -Quote a fave POSTING from SaGC!
          -Songs that are Sam/Sam ship centered (hey, all you that posted on SG the Musical, remember??)

Mostly, bring it on POSITIVE, FUN AND KEEP IT COMING! Anyone have an idea when we should start? Maybe coincide with the Gabit, beginning 10/28?

It's our ROYAL BALL, let's get it started!

Just sayin', YOU'RE INVITED!
          Yes, Traveler Enroute 1 for Royal Party Planner! Great idea!
          Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          EXACTLY what I feel. Go for broke, guys: 2 strong women will take the show in a different but good way: non-ordinary, non-stereotypical.

Bringing the two together has been suggested before, and is really past due in the scheme of things (should have been done in Beachhead.) A blue and red jello campaign to TPTB?

Just sayin', one can only hope.
          I love the idea too! But realistically, do we think that a bunch of guys who couldn’t even stomach a woman being leader of the team would go for having two strong female characters as friends on the same show? They’re uncomfortable with that much estrogen!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Neither do I. But....maybe I get a different SG-1 in my area than they do. It'd be funny if it was only the one post, but those folks have hundreds just like it. Bah. Crazy people. No more Sony Boards for me.
            Looks like some folks over there at The Opaque Place Of Impervious Negativity (black is just an absence of light - the photons wouldn't reach those folks if they were hit with a 10,000K halogen Klieg spotlight for the next thousand years) might have some delusions and/or hallucinations of their own that, maybe, should have a higher priority than imagining ways to fit fictional characters into textbook definitions for conditions they are, apparently, not qualified to discuss nor diagnose.

As a long ago boss of mine put it - "It isn't arrogance if you really are that good." Not that I think Sam is arrogant, nor pretentious. Forgive me, but I think Daniel is more arrogant and more pretentious than Sam (not that Daniel is actually "arrogant," either ), and no one goes looking for a mental disorder into which to shoehorn him.

As for having a different SG-1 beamed into one's house - it's the satellite routers. When the local cable companies get the feed from Sci Fi, little do they realize that some of their routers are actually Replicators in disguise, corrupting the content of the signal for their own nefarious propaganda ends. (Hey, that's my explanation of all those "another mutant [insert unlikely animal here] is attacking humanity again???" movies that Sci Fi loves to make. )

(On Edit: Just wanted to note that this was a Lunch-blitz (luncheon lightning? - that sounds like something kept in a bottle in a bottom desk drawer!) post, didn't mean to imply I thought Daniel was arrogant, either.)
            Last edited by Simhavaktra; 26 October 2005, 07:00 PM.
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

If it please the Kingdom, the Royal Reporter is checking in with some news from the net:

Just wanted to show you one of the TV headlines on www.comcast.net today:

To get to the full story, follow the link above, choose "TV" from the menu on the left and advance the photos until you come to this one. But it's nothing you don't already know. In fact, the headline, "What can fans expect?" is misleading unless you've been under a rock for the last few months!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                As for having a different SG-1 beamed into one's house - it's the satellite routers. When the local cable companies get the feed from Sci Fi, little do they realize that some of their routers are actually Replicators in disguise, corrupting the content of the signal for their own nefarious propaganda ends. (Hey, that's my explanation of all those "another mutant [insert unlikely animal here] is attacking humanity again???" movies that Sci Fi loves to make. )
                Tee-hee! Very good one!

Comment

The Royal Reporter is back with another tidbit of news for the Kingdom:

Just spotted this link to an interview with Don S. Davis and thought you might like to read it. The interview was done by wallpaperman about 10 days ago. There's no Sam or S/J ship news, but Don does discuss the issues surrounding his eventual retirement. At this point, though, he says he's still glad to come back to Stargate whenever they need him!
                  Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                  Hi!
                  Don S. Davis was in Belgium today and The Scifi World got a talk with him between 2 autograph cessions at the FACTS Convention.
                  You can read the interview there and watch the pictures of Don:
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...s_davis_01.htm

I had also another small interview with Corin Nemec who was there with Don. Check the site monday or tuesday to read it and watch these great photos of him.

Both of them were so friendly, that was a real pleasure!

Comment

I hate to be a thread hog, but everywhere the Royal Reporter goes today, it seems she comes across something that you might enjoy seeing.

Stargate is mentioned in a comic strip today:

http://www.comics.com/comics/monty/

Until later.....toodles!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                      Uber - aside from the reasons you won't mention...I'm with ya. But I might be with you on those reasons you won't mention, but we'll never know cause you won't mention them.

I think it's possible for Sam & Vala to be friends, great friends even. BUT (you knew that was coming) would the writer's be able to handle it? LOL

I would love nothing more than to see Amanda and Claudia working together. I bet it would be a hoot!
                      Here is where having a woman on the writing staff would come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I'd personally love to see an offworld episode with primarily the two of them, where they kind of grate on each other...kind of to the point where Vala tweaks and tweaks like McKay did leading to Sam losing her temper (those kinds of moments always crack me up because usually Sam's pretty reserved with her anger).

But then one or the other gets into serious jeopardy all the while continuing their banter but not as snarkily (perhaps now more comedic...like talk about men)...and then near the end one helps rescue the other at great personal cost (maybe seriously injured). Then at the end in the infirmary the nice close out scene with Daniel and Teal'c visiting...and Sam would make some sort of throwback comment about men...and Vala would say something about Daniel and they'd both be laughing...Daniel and Teal'c wouldn't know what the private joke was but Sam and Vala would as it fades to black and they're still smiling.
                        Great idea.

Comment

Nice sig
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

I guess you guys are probably getting used to me only having time to drop in once in a while now. I want to spend more time here, I really, really do.
                            *sigh*

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Here's a little something funny, in the hopes of making people laugh . The jello needs to be blue though.
                              This is the kind of thing I thought astro might appreciate, but she doesn't seem to be here though .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

*waves to deepspace*
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X