Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    so, if i bought both books, it would cost me?...

*hides eyes*
    Hey Sally, there's an ebay auction for "A Matter of Honor" from someone in the UK on right now (ending sunday I think), the price for shipping is about $4USD and the bid on the book is around $3.80 right now. Might want to check it out ( here ).

"Cost of Honor" I could only find on ebay under the NEW category from sellers. This one's about $12USD with about $5USD shipping. It's ( here ). And there's a bunch of "new and used" sellers on Amazon that might have better deals than the giant themselves. A list of them (for Cost of Honor) is here.

Ta,
    mini
    Last edited by minigeek; 25 October 2005, 05:36 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

another way to get it is to find a brit who is willing to buy it and ship it to you (which is what i'm fortunate enough to do)

ends up costing me about $14 us for the book and shipping

just another option if you happen to know any brits
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think Sam and Orlin had sex. Landry had said they were 'intimate'. Doesn't always mean sex. I think the telepathic sharing that was between the two could be considered intimate.
        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
          I don't think Sam and Orlin had sex. Landry had said they were 'intimate'. Doesn't always mean sex. I think the telepathic sharing that was between the two could be considered intimate.
          Exactly. completely agree. I don't think it was even intended (in the original episode) for the innuendo to even be present.

mini

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Exactly. completely agree. I don't think it was even intended (in the original episode) for the innuendo to even be present.

mini
              I never took it that way in the original ep either. Season 9 is innuendo heavy though. I guess they didn't keep it restricted to Vala, because Landry did kind of smirk when he said it and Lam got all wide eyed. Sam is adorable when she is flustered though.
              sig by PM

Comment

I never took it that way in the original ep either. Season 9 is innuendo heavy though. I guess they didn't keep it restricted to Vala, because Landry did kind of smirk when he said it and Lam got all wide eyed. Sam is adorable when she is flustered though.
                Season Nine seems to have picked up more than a few straggling plot threads from earlier seasons and then subsequently imparted more innnuendo to them during current episodes (than was originally intended when they were brough to light in earlier seasons).

That's inevitible, I suppose, when you consider that season nine is (and was) taking the series in a direction it was never intended to go in. Because of that, the writing team is trying to use plot elements from the past to justify (back up) the present plot/character digressions that will take place. Since those plot/character elements were never designed for this season's arc, I have to predict that we're only going to see more of this sort of disparity occur (even more often) as the episodes go by.

mini

Comment

Season Nine seems to have picked up more than a few straggling plot threads from earlier seasons and then subsequently imparted more innnuendo to them during current episodes (than was originally intended when they were brough to light in earlier seasons).

That's inevitible, I suppose, when you consider that season nine is (and was) taking the series in a direction it was never intended to go in. Because of that, the writing team is trying to use plot elements from the past to justify (back up) the present plot/character digressions that will take place. Since those plot/character elements were never designed for this season's arc, I have to predict that we're only going to see more of this sort of disparity occur (even more often) as the episodes go by.

mini
                  I understand what you are saying. But since I never considered 'Ascension' to be a plot thread, it makes me wonder what other eps we considered closed are going to be brought up and maybe shone in a new and not so flattering light.
                  sig by PM

Comment

mini
                    i dont think so either. let's face it, sam is pretty practical. and she's seen what happens to those that have relations with aliens (jack's super aging anyone??? that was the std from hades)

she would be friendly, talk, chat but shed not have sex.

i do think that that bit in 4th horseman was jsut a bit too off color and not flattering to the show at all
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Drive by pic post...!
                      REMIND you of anyone? Hmm.

I didn't draw this - but I have been working on a couple
                      full body Sam Carter illustrations that I might share once they're through.
                      My problem is I hate everything once I finish it.

mini(the 'in a creative mood!')geek

Comment

And it sucks, because new viewers who barely know Sam would be like, "WTF?" They wouldn't understand if they haven't seen the whole episode.

And she didn't exactly deny it.

I won't blame Landry and Lam, because they're the new characters. It's not (entirely) their fault for having a collective dirty mind...

The writers (once again) were just trying to get a laugh for the sake of sexual innuendo.

Grrr....

Comment

Right I have just recieved orders from 1speed rgarding some books. As I haven't managed to catch up with the thread since getting back from hols I don't know what he's on about.

If anyone wants me to try and get a copy of each of the said books drop me a pm asap and I will go looking at lunchtime tomorrow.

1speed has managed to pick up one copy of each already, so I guess someone is earmarked for them???

Right gotta rush!

Comment

Agreed. But the scene (in season 9) was definitely played for sexual innuendo. I suppose it was written that way for laughs, but it was more of a "what the heck?" moment for me than it was funny.

On edit: yeah, what spaz said.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              And see here's the problem.

I love Claudia Black. She's brilliant and delightful. Vala even grew on me in TPTB and I knew I liked her enough to want to see her again.

That being said...and I've said it I don't know how many times...Vala as written is not sustainable as a fulltime character. She is over the top...that's her role...and that's great for a recurring, but grates for a regular. So if this is true, they'll have to sand Vala down ALOT to make her palatable to the masses as a regular. But then, she loses the very things that make her a compelling character!

I wish people would see that.

I'm getting more scared for my favorite show.
                              Me too. Executives seem to forget there can be too much of a good thing. Unless the writing of the character gets a heck of a lot better, I'm very skeptical. To quote Jack "There may be no great wisdom in this."
                              Last edited by jckfan55; 25 October 2005, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                I see that differently. I see it first as Jack rescuing a teammate. Never leave anyone behind. And, seeing as how he is her CO, Jack felt it was his responsibility to lead the search and rescue. And to him it was always RESCUE, never Recovery. He would have done it - and has done it - for anyone on SG-1 (48 Hours, Fire & Water).
                                And don't forget Teal'c! He fired the honkin' gun that distracted Super soldier. I liked that he and Teal'c weren't about to give up. Ex)That look Jack gives the soldier who says "who could have survived this?" I think the only potential problem I had was the leaning on Jack at the end that could be interpreted as a shippy moment--but I choose to see it more as one comrade comforting the other. I think if it had been Daniel, she would have leaned on him or if Daniel had survived he might have leaned on Jack. (wait, that opens up a can of worms for some people doesn't it? )

Comment

Working...
                                X