• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix
    And to add more fuel to the fire: from The Stargate Sg1-Soultions site:

admin said,

October 24, 2005 at 7:41 am

And Solutions’ money is on Claudia Black joining the permanent, regular cast as Vala Mal Doran.

Here’s hoping we soon have confirmation from an official source (they *always* lag behind the rest of the web on these ‘exclusives’) on not just the renewal for Season 10 but the wonderfully welcome and much hoped for addition of Claudia Black to the cast!
    And thus beginnith "Fargate" or "Starscape"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I think the primary problem is the age old square peg, round hole. They producers are trying to write their "spinoff" while adhering to the network's stipulation that it not be a show of its own, rather take place within the current SG-1 framework. So they changed the formula for SG-1, and it's erroding the integrity of what made SG-1 great.

Had they been given the green light for a spinoff, there'd be no more SG-1, but at least the spinoff could have a life of its own; characters of its own. Attempting to merge two disperate show ideas gives them something akin to an "All-In-One Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner/Toaster". It fills a lot of holes at once (to a mediochre degree) but fills no single hole particularily brilliantly.

Eventually, the show will either completely transform (away from the SG-1 formula) and continue on its merry way (which is what I think the powers that be are hoping for at this point), or it'll crash and burn. Either way, the integrity of the longstanding SG-1 characters cannot possibly emerge unscathed.
      Hey! I have one of those. Except I opted for the additional cappuccino/blue jello dispenser...which isn't as convenient as you might be led to believe. Imagine for instance that you accidentally hit the blue jello and cappuccino buttons simultaneously.

Not a pretty picture...which in itself is ironic because it prints REALLY pretty pictures.

Here...give me your fax number. I'll send an example to you while I'm sipping on my blue jelloccino.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Just wanted to say hi to everyone in Samanda. I've been away for quite awhile and I'm still not really ready to return full time, but I did want to say how much I've missed you all and Amanda. Glad to see the "love" is still here.

HIC COMITAS REGIT
        Woot - Lida's back
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Woohoo, we finally got the official confirmation that SG-1 has been renewed for a record-breaking 10th season: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...atlantis.shtml
          Now I am only waiting to hear that Amanda will be back as well, not that I doubt it, but you never know. Perhaps a question for GABIT????

On Edit: Darren just posted the official press release: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....31&postcount=2

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            And to add more fuel to the fire: from The Stargate Sg1-Soultions site:

admin said,

October 24, 2005 at 7:41 am

And Solutions’ money is on Claudia Black joining the permanent, regular cast as Vala Mal Doran.

Here’s hoping we soon have confirmation from an official source (they *always* lag behind the rest of the web on these ‘exclusives’) on not just the renewal for Season 10 but the wonderfully welcome and much hoped for addition of Claudia Black to the cast!

----------

I'd hate to see if Ms. Black decides to be a recurring actor, instead of a regular. Why? Because this group will turn against her in a minute. And I like Ms. Black, yes I've seen Pitch Black, Queen of the Damned, and a few FS episodes. So sue me.
            And see here's the problem.

I love Claudia Black. She's brilliant and delightful. Vala even grew on me in TPTB and I knew I liked her enough to want to see her again.

That being said...and I've said it I don't know how many times...Vala as written is not sustainable as a fulltime character. She is over the top...that's her role...and that's great for a recurring, but grates for a regular. So if this is true, they'll have to sand Vala down ALOT to make her palatable to the masses as a regular. But then, she loses the very things that make her a compelling character!

I wish people would see that.

I'm getting more scared for my favorite show.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Who's making Blue Jello shooters?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                Who's making Blue Jello shooters?
                Malibu Blue? LOL! Try saying that after a couple of 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  Woohoo, we finally got the official confirmation that SG-1 has been renewed for a record-breaking 10th season:
                  Yay!!!

How cool is that??

mini(the happy)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Yay!!!

How cool is that??

mini(the happy)geek
                    *trying to decide which is cooler - the emu or renewal*
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      And see here's the problem.

That being said...and I've said it I don't know how many times...Vala as written is not sustainable as a fulltime character. She is over the top...that's her role...and that's great for a recurring, but grates for a regular. So if this is true, they'll have to sand Vala down ALOT to make her palatable to the masses as a regular. But then, she loses the very things that make her a compelling character!

I wish people would see that.
                      yep, that'll be the issue

vala the vamp is not sustainable. and no, i'm not saying this to bash her, i'm simply making the observation that her OTT acting is not something the average fan will tolerate on a weekly basis.

which means they have two options

keep vala OTT, keep her spouting what some see as 'bad' dialogue. make her little more than a pretty face in a tight costume...and reap the criticism for doing that

tone her town. make her more 'normal'. make her fit in better.

Neither option will pan out well. Vala the Vamp will be highly criticized. and Toned Down Vala....well she'll be seen as a pale reflection of the vala folks have professed to have fallen in love with

it's a lose/lose and miss black will be caught in the middle
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        *trying to decide which is cooler - the emu or renewal*
                        the emu. hands down
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I see you've already seen that there will be an S10 ( http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...atlantis.shtml ). I found these two paragraphs particularly interesting.

Spoiler:

The network has not yet confirmed which regular cast members from the show will return next season, as contract negotiations are likely still pending. No changes in the regular casts are currently anticipated.

The first half of SG-1's ninth season has averaged 2.4 million viewers per week, according to SCI FI. The second half of Season Nine and Season Two will kick off in January on SCI FI.

Contract negotiations always make me nervous. And I'd just like to point out that to get the 2.4-million average, they had to use figures from both the first and second airings each Friday night (which we've been saying all along is a more accurate barometer of how many people are watching!).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Hey! I have one of those. Except I opted for the additional cappuccino/blue jello dispenser...which isn't as convenient as you might be led to believe. Imagine for instance that you accidentally hit the blue jello and cappuccino buttons simultaneously.

Not a pretty picture...which in itself is ironic because it prints REALLY pretty pictures.

Here...give me your fax number. I'll send an example to you while I'm sipping on my blue jelloccino.

Does it make mini stargate out of blue jello ? Maybe the kawoosh is made of cappuccino !
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              the emu. hands down
                              Wow.

Someone's in a snarky mood today.

(dangit. I thought that was MY job.)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                I see you've already seen that there will be an S10 ( http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...atlantis.shtml ). I found these two paragraphs particularly interesting.

Spoiler:

The network has not yet confirmed which regular cast members from the show will return next season, as contract negotiations are likely still pending. No changes in the regular casts are currently anticipated.

The first half of SG-1's ninth season has averaged 2.4 million viewers per week, according to SCI FI. The second half of Season Nine and Season Two will kick off in January on SCI FI.

Contract negotiations always make me nervous. And I'd just like to point out that to get the 2.4-million average, they had to use figures from both the first and second airings each Friday night (which we've been saying all along is a more accurate barometer of how many people are watching!).
                                Why do contract negotiations make you nervous, particularly given that they say they don't expect any changes in the regular cast? Do you think that statement is just spin?

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X