Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the vala fans are in luck. evidentally she'll be back if there's a s10

yippee

sorry guys, i know it's good news for some, the daniel/vala comedy hour just didn't appeal to me is all

BUT

on the brightside, safe travels and happy journeys to our gabiteers

you guys should be leaving, what, in a few days or so right? the con's next weekend isnt' it?

To all of you, have fun, be safe, take notes and know that we'll all virtually be there with you
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      here is another quote from JM's thread ...

yep I should have stayed away.
      yeah, i'm fairly chuffed that i'm 2 for 2 with my questions being answered, but his comments about the leadership issue are very disappointing to me.
      it almost feels as though they're saying well mithcell is the leader but we're just gonna say that they're both leading.
      i'd rather have had sam on base full time in the labs and going off world occassionally to save the day rather than this b!**h slap. i'm wondering if all is not well in the writer/producer camp. though it's not my place to speculate so i'll shut up now.

i always got the impression that joe was a sam fan, so i'm slightly confused at some of his most recent posts, or perhaps i'm just being overly sensitive right now about it. oh well.

Comment

i'm personally feeling that things are rather stirred up in vancouver.

i have a funny feeling that - and again this is only my opinion - all is not well. maybe skiffy is pusing for things that bridge doesnt' want. maybe they're pushing for changes that the actors don't want. maybe they're all holding out for something that we'll never know

my point is, despite thinking that s10 is an absolute and that th ings will go on status quo, maybe there are things going on behind the scenes that the fans have no idea of
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          I've often wondered what OurSam's academy experience was like. We only had snippets in Prodigy and the brief past a la Hanson from The First Commandment; did she run into problems like Haley, butting heads with professors and students alike? Did her father's status in the corps hinder or protect her? I sense a plot bunny!
          I think given Sam's age (around AT's age) she would have been graduating the AF Academy only a few years behind the very first women to be admitted to the AFA. I would think that initially she'd have run into a good amount of resistance from men who didn't want her there just because of her gender. They didn't even know about her intellect at that point - she was a woman and she was in their turf. Then once she proved to them she was entirely capable of any physical feat they were, then she probably would have had to have dealt with overt and subtle digs at her exploding intellect by men and women harboring jealousy and envy. She was forced into bringing to the forefront of her personality her latent strength and courage.

It would explain the reproductive organ quip in CoTG. I think she was coming to the SGC after years constantly proving and defending herself against naysayers and hatemongers of the Academy and the AF and Jack was just another cocky pilot/Colonel out to make jokes at her expense and she was going to call him out on it & make him & the others respect her on her merits, not her gender.

After pushing herself so hard to move beyond that kind of stress and resentment, if Jonas H. showed her the slightest decency and some charm and respect at the beginning of her ship with him, I think she probably welcomed his attentions. Sort of how she welcomed Pete later for similar but different reasons....
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i'm personally feeling that things are rather stirred up in vancouver.

i have a funny feeling that - and again this is only my opinion - all is not well. maybe skiffy is pusing for things that bridge doesnt' want. maybe they're pushing for changes that the actors don't want. maybe they're all holding out for something that we'll never know

my point is, despite thinking that s10 is an absolute and that th ings will go on status quo, maybe there are things going on behind the scenes that the fans have no idea of
            Wow. Excellent point, beloved diver from the sky.

I keep thinking back to something spazmeister said...how many of the decisions, stories, character arcs etc. have backfired violently and that they are more than likely stunned that the fans seem to care about Carter not getting command or that the decision for Mitchell to lead (co-lead...whatever) isn't being embraced by the masses. I mean he is after all played by Ben Browder...so why should we the fans care that his backstory is nonsensical???

I was concerned about Season 9 because I'd fear they'd swing the pendulum too far the other way and change too many things...thus making it something other than Stargate SG-1...and for the most part, my fears have been realized. Sam's a little TOO all business now...which is just as imbalanced as showing only her personal side. The idea of balance is just that...showing some of each...not ignoring one in favor of the other.

But let me put my Pollyanna bonnet on for a moment. What if they see the fan reaction regarding ship/command/Jack/yadda and they actually correct course next season? I don't mean anything over the top in any of these categories. I don't need a full episode watching Jack whisper sweet nothings into her ear (*ponders for a moment*...*contented sigh*...*back to reality*). I don't need a full episode of Mitchell repeating over and over..."Yes, ma'am...you're in command after all" (*ponders for a moment*...*contented sigh*...*back to reality*). Just small acknowledgements to continue the story arcs they began.

Too Pollyanna-ish? Should I stick to measuring the size of the dark clouds looming and leave the silver lining observations to others???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I keep thinking back to something spazmeister said...how many of the decisions, stories, character arcs etc. have backfired violently and that they are more than likely stunned that the fans seem to care about Carter not getting command or that the decision for Mitchell to lead (co-lead...whatever) isn't being embraced by the masses. I mean he is after all played by Ben Browder...so why should we the fans care that his backstory is nonsensical???
              These weren't exactly subtle tweaks they were making, why the hell didn't they do some audience research? I would think these kinds of problems would have shown up pretty quickly in the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Wow. Excellent point, beloved diver from the sky.

I was concerned about Season 9 because I'd fear they'd swing the pendulum too far the other way and change too many things...thus making it something other than Stargate SG-1...and for the most part, my fears have been realized. Sam's a little TOO all business now...which is just as imbalanced as showing only her personal side. The idea of balance is just that...showing some of each...not ignoring one in favor of the other.

But let me put my Pollyanna bonnet on for a moment. What if they see the fan reaction regarding ship/command/Jack/yadda and they actually correct course next season? I don't mean anything over the top in any of these categories. I don't need a full episode watching Jack whisper sweet nothings into her ear (*ponders for a moment*...*contented sigh*...*back to reality*). I don't need a full episode of Mitchell repeating over and over..."Yes, ma'am...you're in command after all" (*ponders for a moment*...*contented sigh*...*back to reality*). Just small acknowledgements to continue the story arcs they began.

Too Pollyanna-ish? Should I stick to measuring the size of the dark clouds looming and leave the silver lining observations to others???
                I have also been considering this a lot lately - tptb have seriously messed up a number of things this year and sometimes you think the show is in an alternate reality

I do though believe they are aware of their mistakes and hopefully they will make amends in season 10

As for the whispering ep......
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  I have also been considering this a lot lately - tptb have seriously messed up a number of things this year and sometimes you think the show is in an alternate reality

I do though believe they are aware of their mistakes and hopefully they will make amends in season 10

As for the whispering ep......
                  hey, maybe in the first episode of season 10, bobby, i mean jack, will step out of the shower, and season 9 will have been nothing but a bad dream!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    hey, maybe in the first episode of season 10, bobby, i mean jack, will step out of the shower, and season 9 will have been nothing but a bad dream!
                    Quite a few people have said that and after Citizen Joe - I wouldnt put it past Jack to have a dream like this
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      I'd go back another year, so that Sam would have S8
                      Spoiler:
                      wised up after "Lost City", sparing us "A$$inity".
                      Oh, and before Jack stepped out, Sam would step into the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Sounds like a scifi storyline for a scifi show
                        love Torri

Comment

Spoiler:
                          i think that was implied!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Quite a few people have said that and after Citizen Joe - I wouldnt put it past Jack to have a dream like this
                            aw. i liked citizen joe. of course i'm biased because i love dan castellenetta.
                            actually now that i think of it, joe listed his least favourite episodes since he's been on the show, and i liked every one of them! or at least none of them were my least fave's.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Oooh. See I was trying to be a good little girl but when you say something like that, I have no choice but to respond.

*delicious shudder*

Thank you...that is all. You may now all return to your Samandering.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hello.

Haven't been around for a while. Can't keep up with forums really, too much going on in my own head and life but thought I'd drop as Season 9 just started and I'm getting ansty for Sam already.

My offerings today, magazine scans of an interview with AT. You've probably heard all this, read this but I offer it anyway. Spoilers for everything.

Amanda Tapping - TV Zone #194
                                Cover http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/atcover.jpg
                                1 http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/at1.jpg
                                2 http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/at2.jpg
                                3 http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/at3.jpg
                                4 http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/at4.jpg
                                5 http://escapingreality.net/bluejello/scans/at5.jpg

x x
                                sigpic-
                                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Working...
                                X