Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    I'm all for folks defending Sam and Amanda. And i'm all for folks not being happy with how th ings are. not being happy isn't the isssue, it's how it's expressed.

WE don't like it in those dark places where sam is torn down to pump up another actor or character. And if we don't like it then we shouldn't perpetrate it.

If you want to express your displeasure, grab a pen and let scifi or mgm know.

Can we find a way to express our discontent without ragging on others? I would never like to hear that Samanda is full of cameron haters or vala haters.

Kindness reigns here. Kindness doesn't mean that we have to turn the other cheek all the time, but it does mean that, when we do fight back, we do it with grace and dignity...kinda like SAm does

Just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      I don't think Samandans are giving up on SG1 and AT/SC. The Blogs get regular input from Samandans, and more than one post has given out addresses to, well, address perceived problems with the show. Threads like this are overwhelming evidence of attachment to a station/program, so maybe SaGC will be a beacon for improvement not de-evolution! Just MHO.

Just sayin'.
      I think you're right. But I've heard several people say, "It's their show, so I really don't have a right to tell them how to run it," and I just had to disagree with that. People should feel empowered to express themselves (Wow--do I sound like a child of the 60s, or what?). And trust me.....broadcasting is really based on what viewers/listeners want. It's just that corporations have gone to great lengths to recreate what good old-fashioned mail used to bring them.....opinion.

And the more we speak up.....especially if we direct it correctly.....the more likely we are to get what we envision.

Your opinion counts! Express it! Power to the Samandans!

Comment

I'm all for folks defending Sam and Amanda. And i'm all for folks not being happy with how th ings are. not being happy isn't the isssue, it's how it's expressed.

WE don't like it in those dark places where sam is torn down to pump up another actor or character. And if we don't like it then we shouldn't perpetrate it.

Can we find a way to express our discontent without ragging on others? I would never like to hear that Samanda is full of cameron haters or vala haters.

Kindness reigns here. Kindness doesn't mean that we have to turn the other cheek all the time, but it does mean that, when we do fight back, we do it with grace and dignity...kinda like SAm does

This is true, Skydiver.

I'm just a bit confused. I didn't get the feeling that anyone on this thread has expressed hatred for Mitchell and Vala, but maybe I missed it? I think people have been very diplomatic when they have stated some of their concerns and preferences. I got the overall feeling that most people even liked Vala and Mitchell (although some would like to see Mitchell's role more well-defined).

But yes, you're right---when and if we defend her, we should do it with "grace and dignity."

Comment

So well said!

Comment

i haven't seen any hatred expressed....i'm just trying to nip things in the bud. It's easier to keep the genie in the bottle, not corral her little chiffon clad tush once she escapes
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i haven't seen any hatred expressed....i'm just trying to nip things in the bud. It's easier to keep the genie in the bottle, not corral her little chiffon clad tush once she escapes
              Again, just so well put! "Little chiffon clad tush" indeed!

Comment

This has got to be the tiniest "Battleship" I've ever played. Okay, B-8...
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, that's good. Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Big guns aren't just for big boys...
                    they can also be Sam's toys...
                    Woo, money shots of Carter!

My personaly favorite artillery shot (which I do not have, sadly) is the one of Sam with a S.A.M. - I laughed out loud the first time I saw that episode, I think I even said, hey look, Sam's got a S.A.M.! Pathetic, I know, but humor chose that moment to strike and I was powerless against it.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Woo, money shots of Carter!

My personaly favorite artillery shot (which I do not have, sadly) is the one of Sam with a S.A.M. - I laughed out loud the first time I saw that episode, I think I even said, hey look, Sam's got a S.A.M.! Pathetic, I know, but humor chose that moment to strike and I was powerless against it.

mini
                      I don't recall any episodes with Sam wielding a SAM .... She had an AT-4 in Forever in a Day though...

Comment

Ah yes, that be the one Agent Smart-Butt (er.. I mean Dark!) Hey, one big-@$$-honkin' surface-to-air missile launching thingy looks just like the next big-@$$-honkin' surface-to-air missile launching thingy if you ask me.

EDIT-- Hey, according to google (and answers.com), the AT-4 is a type of S.A.M. (surface-to-air-missile) launcher, or at least it can be used as a S.A.M. (and didn't Sam use it that way in the ep?) - so neener neener neener!
                        Last edited by minigeek; 19 October 2005, 07:09 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hey!

I dunno if this was triggered because of my "detonate" post or not , but I just wanted to make it quite clear to everyone here that I do NOT hate Vala or Cameron, and I do NOT hate the actors who play them. I don't even hate the people who hate the people I like, because hate is way too strong of an emotion.

That said, I shall endeavor to lay off the hostile comments.

EDIT: I just saw your post, Sky, but I thought I'd keep this here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Ah yes, that be the one Agent Smart-Butt (er.. I mean Dark!) Hey, one big-@$$-honkin' surface-to-air missile launching thingy looks just like the next big-@$$-honkin' surface-to-air missile launching thingy if you ask me.

EDIT-- Hey, according to google (and answers.com), the AT-4 is a type of S.A.M. (surface-to-air-missile) launcher, so neener neener neener!
                            Sif! Google is wrong

The M136 AT-4 is an unguided Anti-Tank weapon (also called a Recoiless Rifle) that replaced the Vietnam era M-72 LAW. It's designed to put holes in tanks
                            While it would be possible to shoot down low flying aircraft with it (probably only helicopters as a plane would fly much too fast), it's definitely not designed for that. That's what Stingers are for (what Kawalsky used to shoot down the glider in Children of the Gods)

Comment

LOL!

Now I have this mental image of Sam, in her desert camo's, body armor and full kit, including Zat, K-Bar, and P90, sitting in front of a inactive Stargate inside Genie's bottle (Barbara Eden version) amidst lavish falls and drapes of pastel chiffon, in a heap of rose-pink, velvet cushions trying to convince Genie to chuck that whole "Master" schtick...

"Look, your life doesn't have to be like this. You can make your own way in this life. You don't have to subjugate yourself to ANYONE. It's unnecessary and demeaning and you are above that. Far above it. Slavery is wrong, no matter how much you love this astronaut of yours, and if he loved you, too, he wouldn't want you to relate to him like this. He'd want you to be a person in your right, to answer to and live by your own conscience and free will. None of this - this - would ever be required of you. It doesn't have to be like this. This life isn't somehow required of you, you know. You DON'T have to call him 'Master'! Nobody owns you. You are your own person. You don't have to wear that - that costume - you can wear real, actual clothes that keep you warm and cover you up so you don't get sunburn after only ten minutes in the sun. Look at me - I'm as pale as you are, too - I know about sunburn. You're a grown woman, an adult - and you have powers that - that - 'Master' - could never hope to replicate without an army of Asgard scientists, a millennium or two to work on the issue and half a dozen cooperative Ascended Ancients, and YOU ought to decide how that power will be used. You and no one else. It's YOUR power, after all, isn't it? And it should be your life, not what someone else wants it to be? Oh, God, I'm not getting through here, am I? Let's try again - "

Meanwhile, Genie looks perkily perplexed.

Sam Carter, emancipator.
                              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

omg, rofl at your sig Sim!! Haha, Duck Dogers ftw!!

And funny scene too

Comment

Working...
                                X