Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    I think you're right, sally, but I don't think it's anything new. I get the impression that AT has had to nudge (push) TPTB for most of the nine years. She's mentioned that she talked to them early in the series about just writing Sam as a soldier and letting Amanda take care of making her feminine. She had to really push to be able to direct an episode (wasn't it written into her contract that year?) And I think it was at her prodding that they delved into Sam's personal life in the last few seasons. Somehow I doubt she would have seen it the way they did, though.

NC
    thanks, NC. you helped me put things into perspective.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      /*delurking once again*/

After weeks of begging me for a Geek!Sam wall, I finally got off my bum and made one for Uber ( sorry umlauts are not in my contract ). I decided to share it with the rest of my Samandan family. Hope you like it.

Geek!Sam

/*crawls back into the shadows*/
      UMLAUTS NOT IN YOUR CONTRACT?!???!?????!?????????!?!?!?

Ever heard of "copy" and "paste"????

P.S. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!Sam (and I didn't just beg. I WHINED a lot too. Git yer facts straight, woman!!!!!!)

Wooooooooooot

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGENT DARK!

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

/*delurking once again*/

After weeks of begging me for a Geek!Sam wall, I finally got off my bum and made one for Uber ( sorry umlauts are not in my contract ). I decided to share it with the rest of my Samandan family. Hope you like it.

Geek!Sam

Oh my... If I had know that whining would produce such art, I would have whined to you a long time ago!

I love it.

Comment

Why do they call them "umlauts," Uuuuuber?

The only umlauts I know of are made with eggs and cheese...

What gives?

Comment

/*delurking once again*/

Geek!Sam

Ahhh, Geek!Sam. Love it! So glad to see you posting those cool walls again. It's nice to see you delurking.

Comment

I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I know that some of you were looking for the "long" opening credits. Well, Kas posted a link in another thread, I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here. It's in the "The Cameron Mitchell/Ben Browder Thunk Thread", page 531, post# 10608.
                Last edited by Dani76; 18 October 2005, 10:32 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I know that some of you were looking for the "long" opening credits. Well, Kas posted a link in another thread, I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here. It's in the "The Cameron Mitchell/Ben Browder Thunk Thread", page 531, post# 10608.
                  oh, how nice. i see it IS the ben browder show.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally

Wow. You're not kidding.

How utterly disrespectful of Amanda, Chris and Michael.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

/*delurking once again*/

Geek!Sam

Great wall, Kat !
                      And please delurk !!! Samanda needs you !
                      I'm on my knees begging you !
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Wow. You're not kidding.

How utterly disrespectful of Amanda, Chris and Michael.

Hmmm...

Seems he appears an awful lot prior to the Stargate SG1 logo...

Not quite sure how I feel about that...

Believe I need to ponder..

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          UMLAUTS NOT IN YOUR CONTRACT?!???!?????!?????????!?!?!?

Ever heard of "copy" and "paste"????

P.S. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!Sam (and I didn't just beg. I WHINED a lot too. Git yer facts straight, woman!!!!!!)

Wooooooooooot

*Shäke heäd* Röyäl Päïn ïn the Mïk'tä ät her best.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Oh my... If I had know that whining would produce such art, I would have whined to you a long time ago!

I love it.
                            Spaz, I'm hurt ! You didn't whine to me when you asked for a sig. I need a crying smiley ASAP !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                              Yeah
                              I see now why they wanted to change the name of the show. They wanted to call it Stargate SG-ME.

Comment

Hello my Sammy friends

How is everybody ?!!

OK , Sam is still my favourite character but I only saw Avalon 1 so far and she was not in it much ...can't talk much about season 9 so far but how is she in the first half of the season ?? Are you disappointed ?!!!..I saw that you wrote that it was the BB show . well so far what I saw of him was BOF !!! not to impressed with him so far . My hubby mentionned that they tried to make him like O'Neill so you didn't dream , it's true .
                                Is Sam gonna shine in the second part of the season ?!! I hope so because she did shine from season 1 to season 6

I think we need to see Sam the kick a$$ woman in charge back in the show , a woman who can handle her professional life and her personnal life too . She needs to get what she wants and tell eveybody else who is in her way to stuff it .
                                I thought Vala was funny but I really don't like the pregnancy plotline at all ..it's very cheesy . I even didn't know that Her and Daniel slept together in Prometheus to be honest !!!

Now it's a bit ironic to have all other women in the show publicizing their sexual encounters as for Sam it was not allowed unless it was a relationship coming out of nowhere . Also if Vala/Daniel is the new ship on the show , why don't TPTB make use of the UST for them too ?!!!
                                I really don't think that Beau brigde is good as the new general ..he may have been a good actor in the past but not anymore .

When Sam comes back , I hope she will be in charge again and that Vala , who I think will bring the humor in the show won't be there too much though . She is alright in small doses as Sam is always welcome in big doses .
                                I wish they would not have gone through a pregnancy storyline though , not for Stargate and if Sam is not allowed some decent lines to show her feelings to Jack , the others should not be allowed to either .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X