Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Crestfallen

I've not watched it yet - was going to do that over tea.

Nice curry, roaring log fire, hugo curled up next to me and Stargate.

Could it get any better???
    Well, yeah ... it could ... but we won't go into that on the thread!

Okay, Samandans ... we have our mission: 48 Hours is the "movie of the weekend"!

Comment

Okay I had to come right back on as this really freaked me out.

Taken Hu out, brought the cloths in from the line. Got the onion to start the curry, switched the radio on - Oh my gosh guess what song was playing

It was Mary Hopkins singing those were the days

What are the chances of that eh!!!

Number 1 in 1968!!!

Right must get on with the curry!!

and time for some sloe gin!!

One freaked out RA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Okay I had to come right back on as this really freaked me out.

Taken Hu out, brought the cloths in from the line. Got the onion to start the curry, switched the radio on - Oh my gosh guess what song was playing

It was Mary Hopkins singing "those were the days"

What are the chances of that eh!!! Number 1 in 1968!!!

Right must get on with the curry!! and time for some sloe gin!!

One freaked out RA!!!!

"Sir, don't you think that's mighty strange? Chopin Gal and Coley talking about a song from the '60s ... and, next moment, the song's playing on the radio!"

"Well, Carter, no more strange than us sitting here in this psychedelic bus wondering how we're gonna get our sorry butts back to the SGC ... By the way, I think that radio thing is called synchronicity and hope that Chopin Gal spells it correctly."
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 October 2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

"Major Carter, I must tell you that I am growing quite fond of that musical rendition ... would you care to sing along with me again? 'Those were the days, my friend, those were the days' ..."

"TEAL'C! For crying out loud, will you please change the station and let me concentrate on my driving! If we can't get along together on a cross-country drive, how the heck are we gonna have our own TV series when 2005 finally rolls around?!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I think that many of us were wishing for more for AT/Sam in S9 but are also glad to have her back onscreen period. It will be a sad day when Sam Carter disappears from our universe and, as you mention (around AT's own personal life decisions), that could happen anytime.
            Gosh, I hope not. And if it does happen then I hope that it will only be for the right reasons. I mean, I don't want her to have to decide to leave because she is not satisfied with her job anymore. Even though I thought that she sounded very happy in this last interview, she is, after all, a very talented actress, so who knows if she just was acting happy. I sure hope not. I hope that for one reason or another she is okay with the situation as it is. It could very well be, that even though she is on set for 15 hour days, she has some more downtime to be with Olivia if she is not the leader compared to being the leader on top of everything else.
            I just could not stand the thought that she is disappointed and unsatisfied with her job right now. If they were really treating her that way, making her unhappy, I could not blame her for wanting to leave. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, but especially not such a great, down to earth actress like AT, who has been carrying the show along for the last 8 years, and who has such a big heart to make everybody else feel welcome on the set.
            So, yes, it will be a sad day when Sam Carter disappears from our universe, but if it means that AT can find satisfaction in her job again and will be treated with the respect she deserves, then so be it.

So let's fill our cups half-full and down a toast to our Queen for all the pleasure she's given us for eight great seasons and to her future success. I said it before and will say it again: Amanda is Canada's hidden treasure and TPTB don't realize how lucky they are. Perhaps some other producer/director will move her forward in a new direction and, of course, we Samandans will be following along! Her star is still on the rise ...
            Hear, Hear!!! Well said, I drink to that. Her star IS still on the rise, and I will always follow along, whatever she decides to do.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
              Gosh, I hope not. And if it does happen then I hope that it will only be for the right reasons. I mean, I don't want her to have to decide to leave because she is not satisfied with her job anymore. Even though I thought that she sounded very happy in this last interview, she is, after all, a very talented actress, so who knows if she just was acting happy. I sure hope not. I hope that for one reason or another she is okay with the situation as it is. It could very well be, that even though she is on set for 15 hour days, she has some more downtime to be with Olivia if she is not the leader compared to being the leader on top of everything else.
              I just could not stand the thought that she is disappointed and unsatisfied with her job right now. If they were really treating her that way, making her unhappy, I could not blame her for wanting to leave. Nobody deserves to be treated like that, but especially not such a great, down to earth actress like AT, who has been carrying the show along for the last 8 years, and who has such a big heart to make everybody else feel welcome on the set.
              So, yes, it will be a sad day when Sam Carter disappears from our universe, but if it means that AT can find satisfaction in her job again and will be treated with the respect she deserves, then so be it.

Hear, Hear!!! Well said, I drink to that. Her star IS still on the rise, and I will always follow along, whatever she decides to do.
              Oh Dani, I was implying her personal life and maybe decision to have another child. I think Amanda is content for now to continue on with the series as all recent interviews seem to indicate that. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!

She loves to act and has found her niche ... but who knows what the future may bring and who knows how long Stargate will continue to run as it readjusts to its new players and storylines?

And there's always the Sam and Teal'c Adventure Series in the wings!

Comment

Oh Dani, I was implying her personal life and maybe decision to have another child. I think Amanda is content for now to continue on with the series as all recent interviews seem to indicate that. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!

She loves to act and has found her niche ... but who knows what the future may bring and who knows how long Stargate will continue to run as it readjusts to its new players and storylines?

And there's always the Sam and Teal'c Adventure Series in the wings!
                Oh no, you're absolutely right. And I didn't get the wrong impression, not at all. I'm just saying if that's what it is, then so be it. I just want her to find the happiness and job satisfaction she deserves, wherever and however that might be.

And, heck yeah, I am all for a Sam and Teal'c Adventure Series.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Oh Pah!!!

Realised that 1speed has my seasons 5 and 6 - so no 48 hours for me!!

I watched Grace instead - poor me eh!!!

CG Hilarious piccis and caps!!!!

Enjoy your 48 hours viewing everyone!!

Comment

i'm 5' 4". although people seem to forget that i'm short. maybe because i conveniently situate myself amongst people even shorter than I! <evil laugh>

and I am most DEFINITELY in favour of the adventures of sam and teal'c getting its own spin off. ooh! maybe they could leave the SGC to become intergallactic PI's?

Comment

Okay, here's one from 48 Hours to get us in the mood ... all captions welcomed!

"If he keeps talking, I'm gonna need something stronger to put in this jello ..."
                      sam (thinking): why can't they have lemon jello!?!

(i know, i'm a bit late with this one.)

Comment

Ok, just a quck catchup for me. Busy busy busy again.
                        Skimming back through the last few pages, it sounds like everyone's watching 48hours? Or has it already been watched? If not I'll put it on tonight and give my thoughts tommorrow if I can get on the computer.
                        Did I see MajorSam, or was I dreaming !!! Welcome back Pressie!
                        And congratulations to our members who now have positions in the court .

Oh how i wish I could catch up fully. It's always weird how when I miss a few days I never expect there to be so many great posts to catch up on again. I love the posts on this thread, but I want to read them ALL! So I never seem to keep up .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

hi guys, i returned to the blog comments today, out of morbid curiosity and must say i was pleasantly surprised. a lot of you guys here have really helped to turn things around there, and have really done a great job in making online fandom seem considerably less..um... vicious and crazy.
                          i actually posted my own comment, but told joe that i wouldn't "bust his chops" (what? its a phrase i'm trying out) on the leadership issue. i think he pretty much gets the idea of what we sam fans think about that, and didn't feel that i was in a position to do so as i haven't actually seen season 9 yet.

anyway. i just wanted to thank you guys for, well, being you i guess.

Comment

Hello Samanda,

I just wanted to come by and say 'Aveo Amicuse'. Unfortunately my family is going through a bit of a crisis at the moment and I don't think I'll be around much anymore. I'll try to drop by and lurk when I can, but more than not, I won't have much time to post.

There is also a very good chance that I won't be making it to Gabit this year. If you have asked me to give anything to Amanda at Gabit, could you please send your requests on to Chopin Gal or Coley. I'm sure they would be more than willing to help out. I am very sorry for just bailing on so many of you but unfortunately this is a situation for which I have no control. There is a very small chance I may be able to go, but I probably won't know until the last moment.

As I have already purchased my Gabit ticket, I really hate the idea of the ticket going to waste. I'm going to try to talk to the coordinators of Gabit to see what their refund policy is like. But just in case, if you would love to see Amanda at Gabit and you don't have the money to go, please send me an email. I can't guarantee you the ticket as I'm not sure they are transferable, but if I'm not going, I'd really like to see someone from Samanda have it. Please keep in mind I only have one ticket and I may not know until Oct 26th if I can go or not.

I just want to thank you all for all the wonderful times you have given me and the encouragement you have given me with my fanart. You really are the Best of the Best. Each and every one of you will always be in my heart and thoughts even if I am not here with you.

Keep the fires of Samanda burning bright.

Peace and Love ( Amanda Forever )
                            Kat

Edit: I'm 5'9" as well.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 October 2005, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              I just wanted to come by and say 'Hi'. Unfortunately my family is going through a bit of a crisis at the moment and I don't think I'll be around much anymore at least for a while. I'll try to drop by and lurk when I can, but more than not I won't have much time to post.
                              I wish you and your family the best and hope to see you back soon
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Oh, gee! See how tired I was last night? I didn't even think to put the stuff I mentioned from Lockdown in spoiler tags!!!! Duh!!!! My apologies to everyone for that. I guess I didn't think to do it because the parts I mentioned didn't detract from or give away the episode's plot. But they were crucial in making my point.

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone feels that I may have compromised Lockdown for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X