Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    Aw, thanks. I too would love to see more Sam/Vala interaction and I hope we'll get it.

btw, thanks to Dani76, minigeek, Uber, and...and...frell, I forgot the last person's name...for all da green! And for the warm welcome. Now I'm off to watch "Medium" and then hit the sack...gotta work tomorrow. Hasta!
    SunKrux I love your sig!!

Why can't you have two competent women on the same show? Why does it have to be one or the other!

Here's to more powerful chicky's on TV as role models for all the little ones (and big ones too!). The more oestrogen the better I say! (Although only in terms of female characters on telly. More oestrogen physically could be bad and result in much tearfulness and other strange symptoms...

*cough*)

Comment

Welcome to the thread, SunKrux! I'm pretty new here as well and don't post much because, honestly, I can hardly keep up. But it makes for wonderful reading when I do a marathon catch-up. Everyone here is very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
        Welcome to the thread, SunKrux! I'm pretty new here as well and don't post much because, honestly, I can hardly keep up. But it makes for wonderful reading when I do a marathon catch-up. Everyone here is very cool.
        You know, our motto is "Kindness Reigns Here" and we honor the character Sam and the delightful actress who plays her.

So it's fairly easy to have fun and relax here because for the most part, all we really have to do is bask in our overwhelming coolness.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam

Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.

I also wanted to say...

That was a funny eema caption! Thanks!
          Hi! Nice to meet you and welcome! I think I've seen you around, because that sig looks (or sounds?) familiar.

Really, if we could duplicate multiple sigs with that same message, it'd be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Hey Uber, everyone has their different philosophies and diversity makes the world a better place, so I am cool with that.

I have commanded on the battlefield in the SCA, and I've engaged in conference room wars, and I've found that basically the same rules apply to both types of conflicts:

First, it's always easier to resolve differences with a friend than it is with an enemy. Investing in a friendship by finding common ground first and then engaging in friendly debate is much less destructive and stressful than creating an enemy right off the bat. Plus, dead enemies make very poor friends.

If the route of friendship fails:

Know your goals and pick your battles wisely. You won't win anything unless you know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of effort and resources.

Try to get the enemy to engage you on your ground. When you attack them on their ground, you only make their resistence more fierce. Bring them to you, and then when they attack, you thump them (keeping the next rule in mind).

Always make your ground the high ground. Never leave the high ground (especially metaphorically). The enemy may taunt and try to trick you, but it's a mistake to abandon that advantage. (The Battle of Hastings was lost because they broke ranks on the hillside to chase down an enemy they thought was fleeing.)

If you're fighting an enemy with stronger forces, a direct attack will usually fail. Have patience and hit the flanks.

Don't antagonize the neutrals... make your cause more appealing to the those who could swing either way. (Taking the higher ground is important to this).

Know when to make a strategic retreat. You aren't going to win every fight. Try to minimize the damage by getting out as soon as its clear your tactic isn't working.

Hugs,
            Strix
            It's like she's speaking right to me!!

*jots down notes*

Will take into consideration... Nicely put!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Hey Uber, everyone has their different philosophies and diversity makes the world a better place, so I am cool with that.

I have commanded on the battlefield in the SCA, and I've engaged in conference room wars, and I've found that basically the same rules apply to both types of conflicts:

First, it's always easier to resolve differences with a friend than it is with an enemy. Investing in a friendship by finding common ground first and then engaging in friendly debate is much less destructive and stressful than creating an enemy right off the bat. Plus, dead enemies make very poor friends.

If the route of friendship fails:

Know your goals and pick your battles wisely. You won't win anything unless you know exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of effort and resources.

Try to get the enemy to engage you on your ground. When you attack them on their ground, you only make their resistence more fierce. Bring them to you, and then when they attack, you thump them (keeping the next rule in mind).

Always make your ground the high ground. Never leave the high ground (especially metaphorically). The enemy may taunt and try to trick you, but it's a mistake to abandon that advantage. (The Battle of Hastings was lost because they broke ranks on the hillside to chase down an enemy they thought was fleeing.)

If you're fighting an enemy with stronger forces, a direct attack will usually fail. Have patience and hit the flanks.

Don't antagonize the neutrals... make your cause more appealing to the those who could swing either way. (Taking the higher ground is important to this).

Know when to make a strategic retreat. You aren't going to win every fight. Try to minimize the damage by getting out as soon as its clear your tactic isn't working.

Hugs,
              Strix
              Oooh. Sweet.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

well, i just came back from the battlefield and wanted to say hi to my fellow sam fans.

it was a rough night, but a few hours under janet's care will have me perfect by morning. and yes, daniel's occupying the neighboring bed.

(i spent so much time in that other thread that i didn't get to play in my other faves. )

k, off to bed. i get to sleep in tomorrow!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam

Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.

I also wanted to say...

That was a funny eema caption! Thanks!
                  Welcome SunKrux !
                  Don't be afraid, no one hates you here because you love both Vala and Sam.
                  If only we could get some scenes between the two of them, it would be wonderful.
                  And I love your sig.
                  Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    it was a rough night, but a few hours under janet's care will have me perfect by morning. and yes, daniel's occupying the neighboring bed.
                    Oh, I can so relate Though I dont usually have Daniel watching... o.O

Bah. Seems like I'm worse than Vala atm

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      It's like she's speaking right to me!!

*jots down notes*

Will take into consideration... Nicely put!
                      Hey spaz ! Listen to Strix ! She's a master in strategy.
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

well, i just came back from the battlefield and wanted to say hi to my fellow sam fans.

(i spent so much time in that other thread that i didn't get to play in my other faves. )

sally
                        Hmm, reckon I could do with a few hours under Janet's care too...

Continuing my epic journey through the mythology of SG-1 last night, I watched "The Warrior" and "Menace". I then went to bed, and dreamt about SG-1 battling against a Goa'uld onslaught in surroundings similar to those in "The Warrior" (er, SG-1 won, of course ).

The really weird thing is that instead of Jaffa warriors, the Goa'uld force was composed of Daleks.

Question is, could I be suffering from entropic cascade failure, or just too much cheese before bedtime?

Comment

sally
                          Where's the battlefield and do you require assistance Major? *salutes*

Private Turkey ready and willing for battle ma-am!

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                            Where's the battlefield and do you require assistance Major? *salutes*

Private Turkey ready and willing for battle ma-am!
                            Private Turkey...report to Captain Spaz for debriefing!!!

Okay here's a question for you all...and this does NOT have to be SG related here.

If you could each ask Amanda ONE question...what would it be? (oh and if someone else gives your question, don't repeat it...I'm making a list)...

Comment

Do like blue jello in real life?

(sorry dumb question I've just always wanted to know!)

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                                Do like blue jello in real life?

(sorry dumb question I've just always wanted to know!)
                                Oh yeah Though we call it Jelly around here

Comment

Working...
                                X