No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg, I just noticed - Is Amanda/Sam Left Handed??? The pic above, she's wearing her watch on her right hand...

Comment

Okay, Samandans, just to know the poet's tortured mind ... there is a line in The Dream (see 17028, page 852) that reads "And I'm stripped of my power, a citizen without borders" ... I debated between that or writing "I'm feeling displaced, a citizen without borders" ... which is the better fit for Sam?

The Muse will not stop haunting me so I thought I'd put her on a shelf while I took a vote!

Kat liked the second and I've compromised and kept the meaning of the line somewhere in the middle. I do feel strongly about this whole issue and guess it's why I wrote the poem in the first place.

Jester
      Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 September 2005, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Ohh, funky. Anyone else survive the forum upgrade?
        Barely!!

Comment

Ohh, funky. Anyone else survive the forum upgrade?
          *waves from bushes*

Comment

omg, I just noticed - Is Amanda/Sam Left Handed??? The pic above, she's wearing her watch on her right hand...
            Hmm, maybe Amanda is one of us weirdo's who don't know if we are really left or right handed. I've always considered myself to be a right hander. I write with my right hand, but from what people have told me I do things like play tenis and pool left-handed. I''ve never really thought about the watch thing before, but I wear mine on the right hand as well.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 29 September 2005, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Okay, Samandans, just to know the poet's tortured mind ... there is a line in The Dream (see 17028, page 852) that reads "And I'm stripped of my power, a citizen without borders" ... I agonized over writing that or writing "I'm feeling displaced, a citizen without borders" ... which is the better fit for Sam?

The Muse will not stop haunting me so I thought I'd put her on a shelf while I took a vote!

Jester
              Hmm, I think I like the second the best. Lovely poem. I'm envious as always.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Hmm, I think I like the second the best. Lovely poem. I'm envious as always.
                Actually, I do too ... it's not as severe but still gets the point across! And never be jealous, please ... your talent in graphic arts has brightened this thread and not many of us can do that!

We have a nice tapestry of talent weaving itself across these pages ...

Comment

I noticed that quite some time ago, but Sam normally wears her watch on her left wrist. And she holds pens/eating utensils/etc. etc. in her right hand. I haven't checked to see if she uses her right hand for shooting (trigger finger) but I would bet she does.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

The Dream

I had a dream, said Sam
                    Extricating herself from a jam
                    Of wires and sensors designed to test
                    Sam's innermost desires while at rest

I am in command of SG1
                    Jack is gone and there is none
                    So well qualified to walk in his shoes
                    Than I, myself, the one he did choose

Even though I took short leave
                    I always planned to return, retrieve
                    My former post as I comprehend
                    Lt. Colonel Sam Carter, leader of men

For this I was groomed as I did my time
                    I covered my CO's six and kept things in line
                    Years of off-world combat as I slogged through hell
                    While watching my comrades, I learned lessons well

I stood up for the weakest and worked many a night
                    At computers and simulations to lessen the fight
                    Using brainpower rather than firepower in wars that had to be waged
                    Yet I was ready for either and not afraid to engage

I earned the respect of my comrades-in-arms
                    And gained admiration for my natural charm
                    No matter what happened, how low things had sunk
                    You could count on Sam Carter's spirit and spunk

So now I'm confused as I awake from my slumber
                    I'm attached to these wires and feeling quite somber
                    My dream seemed so real, it was who I had become
                    But in awakening I'm faced with a troubling conundrum

I wanted to be at the top of my game
                    But now my desires are sounding quite lame
                    There are new men at the top who are giving the orders
                    And I've been displaced, a citizen without borders

I worked and I strived to be all I can be
                    But somehow gender and youth are compromising me
                    I'm Lt. Colonel Sam Carter, past leader of men
                    How do I reclaim what now has been taken?

Fantastic Poem Jester - hit the nail!!!

Comment

Oh I like it how it is too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I noticed that quite some time ago, but Sam normally wears her watch on her left wrist. And she holds pens/eating utensils/etc. etc. in her right hand. I haven't checked to see if she uses her right hand for shooting (trigger finger) but I would bet she does.
                        There’s the scene in Hathor where Sam and Janet, armed and dangerous, are on their way to the Hathor Tub House. Sam starts out with her weapon ready to shoot from her right hand/arm. Then there’s a moment in the scene where she deftly and naturally switches the weapon to the left hand/arm. She does it so smoothly I never noticed until during one of the recent repeats. When I first realized it I thought, wait, I thought she was right-handed. Maybe our super woman is ambidextrous!

Others of you have probably observed this, but I just recently caught it.

Last edited by SamFan31; 29 September 2005, 11:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

That's a great poem. I couldn't write like that to save my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            There’s the scene in Hathor where Sam and Janet, armed and dangerous, are on their way to the Hathor Tub House. Sam starts out with her weapon ready to shoot from her right hand/arm. Then there’s a moment in the scene where she deftly and naturally switches the weapon to the left hand/arm. She does is so smoothly I never noticed until during one of the recent repeats. When I first realized it I thought, wait, I thought she was right-handed. Maybe our super woman is ambidextrous!

Others of you have probably observed this, but I just recently caught it.
                            Hey I think we just found ourselves a new game!

Lefty, Righty or Ambi?? Find scenes that may prove that Sam is in fact left-handed or ambidextrous and post your photos here.

Comment

Maybe shes just indecisive, thats me lol Im not completely ambidextrous but certain things I can do easily both left and right handed, it just depends on how the mood takes me to which way I go. Somedays I wear my watch on the left others on the right. The Shooting/holding the rifle thing is something you have to learn to do because in certain situations, like if you trying to fire round a corner you would expose youre whole body! Hope that makes sense am not great at visual explanations!

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                                Maybe shes just indecisive, thats me lol Im not completely ambidextrous but certain things I can do easily both left and right handed, it just depends on how the mood takes me to which way I go. Somedays I wear my watch on the left others on the right. The Shooting/holding the rifle thing is something you have to learn to do because in certain situations, like if you trying to fire round a corner you would expose youre whole body! Hope that makes sense am not great at visual explanations!
                                Makes lot of sense. That's exactly what Sam was doing in the Hathor scene. If she'd stayed right-handed she would have been a bigger target.

Comment

Working...
                                X