Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got pics of the Cartermobile?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Has anyone gone over to Stargate Sg1 Solutions to vote in the poll I wrote about yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        Has anyone gone over to Stargate Sg1 Solutions to vote in the poll I wrote about yesterday?
        Will do now

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/pollbooth.php
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

In light of recent events I thought I would mention this - http://users.skynet.be/semperarchive/samfriendly/
          Why do we need a Sam Friendly Zone? Good question.

The Stargate online fandom is vast, with many different people who have different tastes and likes about the show. Some people like one certain character, others like certain pairings, and still others just enjoy the entire team. While this can lead to interesting discussions, sometimes it also leads to arguments, as this is a fandom with very strong opinions about the show, the characters, and the ships. Unfortunately, these divergent strong opinions sometimes lead to character bashing. And Major Samantha Carter is always a favorite target.

For example, it's not uncommon to hear that is Sam is too perfect, or too cold, or too smart. Or that she's pining for her Commanding Officer, Jack O'Neill, and should just get over this teenage crush that makes her weak and useless and stupid. Then there are others who think now that she apparently has, she's destroyed her integrity as a strong woman. And some of those people think she's at best a hussy, at worst a whore, and has betrayed Jack O'Neill by getting a life and dating Pete Shanahan. And while yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, the childish name-calling and a demonization of the character has gotten entirely out of hand.

This is why when Jennghis Kahn wrote me in response to yet another round of Sam-bashing and suggested we needed a 'Sam Friendly Zone', I right away jumped on the idea. Whatever Amanda Tapping and The Powers That Be have in mind for her, Sam Carter is still one of the strongest female lead characters in the science-fiction genre. Placing a 'Sam Friendly Zone' banner on your website or journal means that you respect the character. It doesn't matter if you're a shipper, a slasher, or something in between. All that matter is that you like the character for who she is, and not who everyone else thinks she should be.
          Banners - http://users.skynet.be/semperarchive...y/banners.html
          love Torri

Comment

just did it now, but didn't vote for any of the season 9 related ones because i haven't seen it yet. although i personally find that site to be extremely biased.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              although i personally find that site to be extremely biased.
              When I saw the poll results it seemed to me that the people there are a lot different than the people here
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                When I saw the poll results it seemed to me that the people there are a lot different than the people here
                i tend not to go there unless someone here points out something interesting on it. its seems like one of the everyones-wrong-except-daniel sites. almost everything i've ever seen on it has been anti sam, anti ship (s/j) and anti daniel not being on the screen all the time. i like my stargate to be "equal opportunity" with its characters screen time, so i stick around here.

Comment

i like my stargate to be "equal opportunity" with its characters screen time, so i stick around here.
                  This place used to be awesome, but over the last month it took a downturn but thankfully it is pulling it self out of the gutter now
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    This place used to be awesome, but over the last month it took a downturn but thankfully it is pulling it self out of the gutter now
                    You don't mean "this place", Samanda, do you, Q?!

Comment

i like my stargate to be "equal opportunity" with its characters screen time, so i stick around here.
                      Ooohhh yeah!

Comment

Okay, Samandans, what captions come to mind?

Sam: "I really think we've overpacked, sir."

Jack: "We could be stuck on this planet for weeks, Carter. Wouldn't want you to run out of those cute little tank tops ...."

or

Very, very old Song Title: "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" which begins ... "you go home and get your scanties, I'll go home and get my panties, and off we'll go ..." I kid you not! It was the Depression ... a whole different mindset and generation!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                          Originally posted by qasim
                          Oh, yeah! You guys need to vote! I just did. Right now, the Danny fans have the majority!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Oh, yeah! You guys need to vote! I just did. Right now, the Danny fans have the majority!
                            I usually vote for Daniel in these things but I had to vote Sam this time. I missed her while she was gone! I'm not surprised that Daniel's winning though. I think Solutions is run by Daniel fangirls, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                              I usually vote for Daniel in these things but I had to vote Sam this time. I missed her while she was gone! I'm not surprised that Daniel's winning though. I think Solutions is run by Daniel fangirls, isn't it?
                              Well, that would explain it, wouldn't it?
                              Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              ROTFLOL Heck, what am I?! Chicken soup?!! I don't even make the demographics ...

Court Jester, aka the Royal Hen, a Proud Elder of Samanda
                              It's ok.....you count with us! And you're only as old as you admit!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Cam: Sam, tell the truth. Did you take the last blue jello?

Sam: ...*crickets chirp*....
                                - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                                Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Working...
                                X