No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had a chance to catch up here so this may be repetitive but I received a reply to my e-mail from Mr. Edelman and he has advised that he has nothing to do with the actual show - he is the editor of the SciFi magazine. He did say he would pass my e-mail on to those in charge of the show that could answer my question and I asked him to give me thier names.

I don't know if anyone else has had this response or if anyone has the names of who we should write to but if I get anything else in on this I'll let you all know. I was actually pleasantly surprised I got any response at all, and it was a very nice response.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      For those of you who haven't seen it yet, the complete TV Zone interview with Amanda has been posted on ScifiGate. Be careful, there are some spoilers for season 9, but there is also some neat behind the scenes info. Enjoy!
      http://www.scifigate.net/tvzone194tapping.php

thanks for this link, Dani76!

Good interview. I liked her kind words about Claudia. Often when I read AT's interviews I'm struck by how "real" she is---she is not afraid to express her insecurities---I would be!

Something interesting to me that she said when referring to Mitchell. "Mitchell has eased right into Sg1 and become part of the team." It is interesting to me how she phrased this. The interviewer did mention that Mitchell was assigned to take over as leader of Sg1, but AT is really referring more to how he becomes part of the team rather than leader. It seems consistent with the idea that this team is more egalitarian than hierarchical. She goes on to say that Sam feels more at ease with Teal'c and Daniel, less so with Mitchell (which makes sense) and does a double take at times with Mitchell thinking, "What did he just say?" Sam likes Mitchell but they have different styles and they are still getting a feel for each other.

Perhaps in other interviews she has called Mitchell the leader, but it struck me how she approached it here. I haven't read anything where she really talks about Mitchell's actual leadership.

I really am hoping someone who is going to GABIT can ask her about this leadership issue if they feel comfortable doing so. I'm not convinced that AT didn't want Sam to be leader because of her life events. In her interview last October for MGM she mentioned how she did not get the opportunity to portray Sam as the leader in season 8 as much as she had hoped, and she was hoping to do so in season 9 (and she said this while pregnant). Then in another context, she had no idea that that Ben Browder was a going to play a Lt. Col. And in an interview she mentioned being surprised about not wearing the SG1 patch when she came back on the set.

It could be that the way she is playing it is---Mitchell's inexperienced and he is a friend and the same rank as me---I'll certainly respect him, but will do what I need to do.

Jerin and bink --- great letters you wrote on this issue!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        I have not had a chance to catch up here so this may be repetitive but I received a reply to my e-mail from Mr. Edelman and he has advised that he has nothing to do with the actual show - he is the editor of the SciFi magazine. He did say he would pass my e-mail on to those in charge of the show that could answer my question and I asked him to give me thier names.

I don't know if anyone else has had this response or if anyone has the names of who we should write to but if I get anything else in on this I'll let you all know. I was actually pleasantly surprised I got any response at all, and it was a very nice response.

I'm glad you got a very nice response! I was going to email Mr. Edelman, but maybe I should wait to see what name you get and then send an email to that person?

And Binkpmmc---I'm not sure what you are referring to in the interview!! I can be dense! Can you say?

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          It’s been a while since we’ve done one of these. Can you ….

Name The Episode?

is it fragile balance?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            is it fragile balance?
            Good guess, but nope, that's not it.

But you got the correct season!

Comment

REVISIONS ?

(is that the Halling guys head?.. wasnt halling in that ep but its the same guy)
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                REVISIONS ?

(is that the Halling guys head?.. wasnt halling in that ep but its the same guy)
                You got it... she's in the computer control room with Pallan. Looks darn good, doesn't she?

Comment

Name The Episode?

Is it metamorphosis?

Edit- Never mind I just read the other post.

Comment

You got it... she's in the computer control room with Pallan. Looks darn good, doesn't she?
                    She's always looking darn good

Comment

Has she ever looked badly? I mean people can make quibbles about Sam's hair but even on a bad hair day Amanda always looks wonderful.

If I could just manage to keep my hair from going all frizzy I'd be happy.

Comment

Carter always looks good but more importantly she was also showing her intelligence and her militaryness\professionalism and her just plain coolness. For a TV character she is indeed a great role model.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          I don't think we'd see the kind of Sam we'd like to see if she were involved with a major character on-screen.
                          if i wrote it you would. and i'm not meaning that to sound arogant. because i love *sam* (not just sam 'with' jack), i'd write *all* the aspects of sam's character - and ones we haven't even considered. and sam as leader of sg1 would have been explored a LOT in the 8th season, and mitchell coming aboard in season 9... he would have been sam's second in command.

all it takes is one person to care about the subject, and write it with respect for the issue and an imagination to keep it fresh and exciting.

i'll take the job!

sally
                          Last edited by majorsal; 21 September 2005, 07:34 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Name The Episode?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ameTheEp-1.jpg

season 7's 'revisions'?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting this. There was one thing that struck me out of this whole thing and anyone that reads it will know what I am talking about - it would be very nice if they would make that point exceptionally clear as soon as possible in the show because right now it is soooo not even within the realm of what can be guessed by what they have done with this mess. If this is true and they express it and write and portray it properly in the show then perhaps my pigue will go away. This will be very interesting. I harken back to a post I made many weeks ago that could now come to fruition if this is true and my hopes are up again, I hope they do not get dashed again come 4HM2.
                              what are you talking about?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I also sent an e-mail. binkpmmc was kind enough to let me send a copy of hers as writing is not one of my strong points. I will report if I get a response.

Joanne

Comment

Working...
                                X