X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me
    Still... Trying to stay positive.
    Originally posted by golfbooy
    Yeah, Sam said the same. And we all know how that one worked out...
    Whaaat? I mean, they were only almost sucked into a black hole, and their ship was completely destroyed. Oh yeah, and then the Replicators showed up.

It wasn't that bad...

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
      and a less 'girly' smile.
      Can someone show me a picture of a 'girly' smile? I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        OMG, rofl at the Grace Under Pressure stuff. Can't wait for that episode, I've always loved Sam/McKay stuff and Amanda and David both work great with each other
        Im not worried in the least about 'reducing Sam to a Sexy Fantasy'. If you wanted to go down that road, I could say the same thing about Grace and Jack being the 'sexy fantasy'. Grace Under Pressure looks like a fun episode thats going to be getting quite a few laughs out of me Plus its got Wet!Amanda. How could I not like that...

Where's all the fun and games gone from this thread!
        Have to agree with you on this AD. I too love the Sam/McKay interaction.

One of my fave little snippets in Mobius was when geek sam wiped her hand on her skirt after she managed to extract it from McKay's grip on the Ancient Ship - I look forward to some great acting from Amanda.

Plus is you step back and think about it, it is McKay the writers are making an a$$ of, not Sam!!

Comment

Okay now what ep can I go and watch???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Can someone show me a picture of a 'girly' smile? I just don't get it.
            I think there are only two or three people on this planet who actually DO get it. That's why I don't think a picture even exists.

MAN, I wish there was a smiley here that had one eyebrow raised. Sometimes the "rolling eyes" one just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Okay now what ep can I go and watch???!!!
              prodigy, entity, spirits, solitudes, hathor (not a great ep, but great sam leadership), singularity, or small victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                I wasnt aware that Wales had been renamed its about time though
                you didn't get the memo? we organised it last week.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                  you didn't get the memo? we organised it last week.
                  Memo!! - I dont utilise such primitive forms of communication
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

I'm tellin' ya: Telepathy and telekinesis are the way to go.

Comment

i TOLD them we shoulda sent the airplane with the banner, and the sky writer, but did they listen? nnnnoooo! *sigh*

Comment

OK, so when the "Grace Under Pressure" spoilers first came out, some brilliant person from another thread (that I can't find...) posted the following mock-conversation (paraphrase):

Spoiler:

(McKay kisses Hallucination Sam. Hallucination Sam slaps him.)

McKay: Ow!

Hallucination Sam: You're sorry for doing that.

McKay: Well I am now!!

Now, my shoddy memory does not do this post justice, so if anyone knows where I can find the original, that'd be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          LOL

i think, until that point, pete was the safe guy....but sam underestimated him

i still don't totally see the stalker thing. i write it off more as lazy writing and a bad plot hole. pete fell in and has never managed to dig himself out
                          i honestly never saw him as a true 'stalker' either. but i did see him as selfish, and i saw sam's response to his actions as needy. but we all know this was the writers doing, not really our sam being ms doormat.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                            Hey everyone. I'm just back from a long weekend of outdoor pursuits in Qasim country. Just flicked back one page and had to comment on this straight away.

Strix I think this is one of the best posts I have read for a long time. Sorry I can't green you!

Right to the point and hit the spot perfectly for me. Working with male engineers who are mostly over 50 years of age I come accross the gender blindspot time and time again. It is infuriating, insulting and totally irrational sometimes to the point that they sadly make complete fools of themselves. It will be a cold day in hell when a female is recruited into a top management team post.

The writers have done such an excellent job developing this character and it is a total cop out not to let the development come to it's natural and logical conclusion.

Amanda is a fantastic actor and probably desrves the lead in the show too - especially given the amount of effort and time she has devoted to her role over 8 years. I'd never seen BB in anything before, so not lead material as far as I'm concerned. I would put Michael and Chris in front of BB too.

The male PTB are probably running scared of acknowledging on a popular tv show the one thing that most intelligent/professional/career women already know - that we can do the lead jobs just as well if not better than any male, AT/Sam being a case in point. On the whole people can be swayed by what is presented to them on TV - heaven forbid that people should be swayed into accepting and embracing a female lead and in-command character in a sci fi show.

Recent events have made me form the opinion that the male PTB have actually not got any b***s!!

I have to disagree with AD though I do think that SG1 should have a very clear sense of who is in command, they are a small unit and in times of danger one person needs to make the calls and the others should follow without question. Discussion can come in appropriate situations - which we have seen a lot of over the years between O'Neill, Daniel and Sam.
                            I think you pretty much nailed the hit on the head. Oops, that is, hit the nail on the head. In fact I think you've hit a number of nails. Maybe you're building a house.
                            But seriously, I think you're right. The perfect opportunity to make one small attempt at being different, for a tv show to actually let the female be the lead for once, has just been ignored. It's like TPTB are shying away from a concept that could be a little tricky for them. It's almost like they feel threatened by the possibility of that story line, so instead they're just going to turn their backs on it and ignore it, and stick Vala up there on the screen in the hopes of distracting the audience so that they don't notice. Unfortunately, I find this a far too clear reflection of RL. And that annoys me, because I believe that whether we like it or not, what we watch as a good story on tv really does end up affecting our perception in the real world, and this was a chance for TPTB to change at least a few people's viewpoints in this world. But no. If I could think of it as 'just tv', it might be ok, but I know that this is exactly what happens in the real world. Nomatter how our country's pride themselves on being forward thinking and changing, there's so much that is still stuck in a very muddy rut. And it doesn't look like stargate's going to be one to try and get out of it.

All that said, I hope that there's at least something to enjoy by the time I get to watch season 9. I wish I could look forward to it, but it's not looking to be as cracked up to be as we all originally speculated.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Sky, you've mentioned one of my hobby horses--the character moment. You don't have to devote a whole episode to their personal lives to have character development and insight. IMO, most of what made me love the characters were not "Jack episodes" or "Sam episodes," but those moments that come up in a variety of episodes.
                              Same for me. While I love most of the Sam centred eps, a lot of my favourite moments have been with her as just part of the team. It's sometimes the way she stands out from the crowd (to steal a line from a certain song) that makes her special, and sometimes the way she interacts so well with the other people on the team. And it's little character building moments that make me more able to appreciate Sam when it does come to Samcentric eps.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, so not everything in season 9 has gone as we wanted. How about we make a list of things that were good? There was a lot of stuff that we speculated about before, and got ourselves quite worried about, which I'm assuming never happened.

Season 9 nightmares that never came true:
                                1. Sam did not get Tokrafyed.
                                2. Sam did not become a civilian (jckfan)
                                3. She was off being head of R&D at Area 51 rather than doing something meaningless and trivial (strix)
                                4. She did not get married
                                5. She wasn’t bumped off to another serious romantic pairing after the Chronicals of Pete (osiris-ra)
                                6. Sam has not made more mistakes just for the sake of the plot. (chocdoc)
                                7. Sam has not had to call Mitchell sir. (chocdoc) (kat)
                                8. Sam's personal life is really on the back burner, and science/soldier Sam is up front. (chocdoc)
                                9. Sam was not in the background in the last two episodes! (chocdoc)
                                etc...

So, lets keep it going folks!

ps: for 4 I just put ‘Sam did not get married’ instead of ‘Sam did not get married to Jack’. This way it can count for not getting married to Jack or to Pete, and it doesn’t offend the shippers.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X