No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is for me personally. i have no issue with the hints. the 'not exactly' and other bits

those are fun and honestly, can be vague enough that, well AD you can imagine her...i dunno living with the spirit of janet frasier

it's just when it comes down to 'real' ship, these boys can't write what i think of as 'good' ship

when they try to write sam as a woman, they write her how they'd like her to be, not how the character is (which is the largest beef with chimera)

that's why i personally would rather leave it in the hands of fanfic writers. because, to me, some of htem have a better handle on sam than the show writers do when it comes to personal stuff
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      they do. the t-shirts looked great and there was no reason to have then running around sleeveless....other than, i'm sure 'research shows that sleevelsss ups the sex appeal'

that's the problem with the skiffy folks. they base thier decisions off research, which is so out of touch with the 'real' fans it's not even funny

Yes, I know. That's evil of me.
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

LOLOLOL

very cute
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Yes, I know. That's evil of me.
          Too funny!!

Comment

this is for me personally. i have no issue with the hints. the 'not exactly' and other bits

those are fun and honestly, can be vague enough that, well AD you can imagine her...i dunno living with the spirit of janet frasier
            Haha, you bet I can
            'Not Exactly' is perfectly fine by me, as you can twist it and put whatever spin on it you want. If you want to take it as Sam being with Jack - go for it. Sam being with Teal'c, Janet, Mitchell, <insert name here> - go for it. Sam not wanting any romantic relationship at all - go for it.

Comment

it's just when it comes down to 'real' ship, these boys can't write what i think of as 'good' ship
              Simple solution to this problem. Put AT and RDA alone together in a room and tell them to somehow work in a "Grace"-style kiss, no other instructions. Seems like the best S/J moments come from Rick and Amanda, rather than the writers.

Comment

spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

Spoiler:
                i wish they'd picked a different actor to play the child orlin. he's good enough, but it makes me feel the same way that the mini jack did in fragile balance - like they're not the characters they're supposed to be portraying.

if sean patrick flannery would have been available to play orlin again, it scares me a lot to wonder what sam/orlin stuff they would have included. but sean was great as orlin, and gave believability for sam's actions and reactions. this portrayal of orlin as a child didn't.

i still can't believe they're saying sam and orlin had sex in ascension...

someone tell me they didn't.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

Spoiler:
                  i wish they'd picked a different actor to play the child orlin. he's good enough, but it makes me feel the same way that the mini jack did in fragile balance - like they're not the characters they're supposed to be portraying.

if sean patrick flannery would have been available to play orlin again, it scares me a lot to wonder what sam/orlin stuff they would have included. but sean was great as orlin, and gave believability for sam's actions and reactions. this portrayal of orlin as a child didn't.

i still can't believe they're saying sam and orlin had sex in ascension...

someone tell me they didn't.

sally
                  I didn't quite get that impression. While it's certainly not hard to imagine them 'going behind closed doors', I think the 'intimate moment' they were referring to is not anything to do with sex but with that mind sharing thing they did. Intimate doesnt have to be sexual

And I think the kid playing Orlin did a pretty good job. He certainly talked and acted how I remember original Orlin talking and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                    While I absolutely love the sig Kat made me, I just want a bit of a change for a while. I've made this, but I'll need Sky to tell me as soon as possible whether it's outside of forum regulations.

(this is just a large version of the pic, the sig would be resised smaller)
                    What a *wonderful* photocollage for your sig pic, deepspace!
                    Five stars
                    - and five blue jellos!

I tried to rep you, but even after being away for weeks and weeks, I'm *still* locked out of the green jello fridge! Harumph!

Comment

*Blink* *Blink* I'm pretty!

Luckily, we all know that Sam is much more than just a pretty face.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Who's is the photobucket account called accesspics - http://photobucket.com/albums/v235/accesspics/?start=0

Forever is correct, 'accesspics' is mine - and you are more than welcome to use any pics that you want ... as long as Sam is shown in a positive light

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

*Blink* *Blink* I'm pretty!

Luckily, we all know that Sam is much more than just a pretty face.
                          Wonderful photocollage, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Wonderful photocollage, Kat!

AstroG!!!!!!!! You're BACK!!!!!

*MB smothers you with hugs....*

Samanda has been restored!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              I didn't quite get that impression. While it's certainly not hard to imagine them 'going behind closed doors', I think the 'intimate moment' they were referring to is not anything to do with sex but with that mind sharing thing they did. Intimate doesnt have to be sexual

And I think the kid playing Orlin did a pretty good job. He certainly talked and acted how I remember original Orlin talking and acting.
                              Yeah that's how I read it too...we could be wrong and they just didn't show anything physical between the two of them...but I think the intimate connection was the glowing thing.

For that matter, she shared an intimate relationship with Narim...after all, he literally gave her his feelings for her to experience...

And yeah...SPF if you will recall spoke almost deadpan to emphasize his being alien.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                              X