Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Seriously, AT and MS do Geek! together really well. Like, Daniel's been buffed up and pimped out these past few years (which is fine), and Sam's always been the "so smart, yet too incredibly cool" heroine. So when they get together and do over-the-top? Oh man, oh man...

I'd like to be able to tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're wrong. But that may not be accurate.

The thing is,
    Spoiler:

(snipped)

(2) I do NOT want her past "romance" with Orlin to be brought up (especially with Bright, cuz he already did that awkwardness with Nicole Kidman), (3) and I DO NOT want the action to go on around her without involving her.
    what past romance? orlin liked her a lot, sam enjoyed the attention, but at no time did i see *them = as in orlin AND sam* going in 'that' direction.

anyone else see it?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i dunno. different ways of seeing it. i see her as too intimiadated and afraid to do too much

she probably longs to do such things. dreams about it, watches it but is just too repressed to take that extra step and do something 'wrong'

in the commissary when daniel was angry, she was just 'that's how things are' and accepting
      Well I don't mean to say that she's a total rebel...in fact, I don't see her doing anything beyond that...

But speeding is just a passive/aggressive way for her to express that underlying desire for adventure.

See...I'm a straight shooter too, and a little more like Geek!Sam than most would admit...but I also have a lead foot...it's my little way of experiencing a little thrill.

Hey! Perhaps there's an Alternate Timeline Mary Beth that's part of a team that travels to other planets and defends earth against alien invasions!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        what past romance? orlin liked her a lot, sam enjoyed the attention, but at no time did i see *them = as in orlin AND sam* going in 'that' direction.

anyone else see it?

sally
        Well I never had the sense that they were intimate in the kind of way that you seem to be implying...but he did share his consciousness with her...I mean HE GLOWED around and within her...and that's got to be defined as intimate contact...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I personally question whether or not they stayed in Ancient Egypt. Good intentions aside...it would have driven them nuts.

Plus I've come up with a viable reason why they would have left Ancient Egypt in the PJ and travelled to the future...

It's a little brain drizzle I'm concocting...

well, i don't see them staying there either. too much of a chance they'd muck up the future. and there is that puddle jumper to dispose of

in my fic, daniel and teal'c stayed behind to bury the gate and set things up for catherine and sam and jack took the PJ to harry's planet so that they could return that where it needed to be

relatively a happy ending
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well I never had the sense that they were intimate in the kind of way that you seem to be implying...but he did share his consciousness with her...I mean HE GLOWED around and within her...and that's got to be defined as intimate contact...

i agree. i don't think orlin and sam shagged...but there was that whole mental sharing thing going on

sigpic

Comment

Here's just a few cool pics of Sam doing what she does so well...lead a team through the gate and blow bad guys away with her trusty P90:

Comment

spoilers for s8's 'it's good to be king' and 'moebius'

I personally question whether or not they stayed in Ancient Egypt. Good intentions aside...it would have driven them nuts.

Plus I've come up with a viable reason why they would have left Ancient Egypt in the PJ and travelled to the future...

It's a little brain drizzle I'm concocting...

i'd like to think that 'they' were the ones that dropped the puddle jumper off on that planet that maybourne was living on from 'it's good to be king'. and that the original daniel went with them so he wouldn't be alone.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

grrrr, i'm locked out of the green jello fridge

but congrats to Uber, owner of post 16,000!!!

whee, good job hon

sigpic

Comment

grrrr, i'm locked out of the green jello fridge

but congrats to Uber, owner of post 16,000!!!

whee, good job hon
                    And with LEADER!Sam pics too...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Hey, you think JM will answer my question???

(please say yes)

Comment

Hi I think i mentioned my poll a few days ago but didn't put the link up. Check it out. Sam is #1 of the top 25, but go over and vote for her to keep her on top. Its the top 25 poll.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929
                      Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

LOL

well she is. poor little frumpy thing, probably never even speeded. gets into something really cool and goes to another planet, actually talks her way into going to another planet.
                        handles seeing aliens, being captured, freeing themselves...gets to snog this gorgous hunk o colonel (which from kawalsky's words, jack wasn't exactly a super great officer, just a mediocre one)

she's great. sweaters nonwithstanding
                        And she's still beautiful in those sweaters! I love that fact that to keep in character, AT grabbed the sleeves of said sweaters! If you re-watch the ep, you can see it. AT had me ROTFLMAO!

Comment

Thanks for the pics, put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!
                          I really loved Amanda in this episode as it showed such a wonderfull funny side to her that was a joy to watch.
                          I liked the scene by the waterfront where she steped of the boat and went to take off the life jacket and it got stuck, when she did manage to pull it off Amanda's face was a picture and i could really see her going off camera and fall about laughing! pity there was not more behind the scenes footage on the dvd's of geeky Sam
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Howdy all - Well this week has been crazy for me - I was trying to get caught up on what has been going on here the last few days tonight - but I'm to tired to read every thing. I see you have been talking about "Ascension" and the missing scene between Frasier and Sam. Well I have a copy of the writers draft to that episode which includes the scene that was filmed and then cut when the episode ran long. I'll post the dialogue for the scene here -

INT. FRAISER'S OFFICE - DAY

Fraiser is at her desk, working. Carter knocks. Fraiser finished writing.

CARTER: Sorry to bother you. I was wondering when you were going to give me the okay to go back on duty?

FRAISER: Your psych evaluation was clean. You check out physically. I gave you the stamp of approval yesterday.

Carter frowns

CARTER: Oh, Thanks. I guess I'll go see the General.

She starts to go

FRAISER: Hey Sam?

CARTER: Yeah?

FRAISER: Cassie's staying at friend's tonight. I was thinking we haven't had a girl's night out for a while.

CARTER: Actually. I;m busy.

FRAISER: Really? You?

CARTER: Very funny. I have...things.

FRAISER: Things?

CARTER: I sort of met someone, okay?

FRAISER: Sort of?

CARTER: Yeah. Don't worry, I promise he really exists. It's just a little weird right now.

FRAISER: Where'd you meet?

CARTER: Oh...you know, out.

FRAISER: Out?

CARTER: Yeah

FRAISER: Can I meet him?

CARTER: Well...the truth is...it's just not...

FRAISER: Not ready yet?

CARTER: I'll let you know.

She starts to go.

FRAISER: Sam?

CARTER: Yeah?

FRAISER: I think it's great. Don't be afraid to have a little fun.

CARTER: Thanks. I'll try.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              INT. FRAISER'S OFFICE - DAY

CARTER: Actually. I;m busy.

FRAISER: Really? You?

FRAISER: Where'd you meet?

CARTER: Oh...you know, out.

FRAISER: Out?

CARTER: Yeah
                              Janet read her like a book
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Soooo, I lasted, what? Less than 48 hours?
                                This is harder than staying away from chocolate.
                                Ok, so I didn't wait a week, but I've made my decision, and I'm coming back. I was watching stargate the other night, and found, that if I can't watch my favourite tv show without thinking about the forum and everything else assosciated with it, then I'm in trouble.
                                Running away seems awfully cowardly. I know I can be stronger than this. Just sometimes I am lazy and take the easy road out. Not this time.
                                However the last thing I want to do is go into battle. One thing I promised myself I wouldn't do is reply to any of the bad PM's, or to go to the mods (and that's nothing against you sky). And it's not just that grassing will probably cause more trouble than good, it's that in this case, I seriously don't think it's worth it. I haven't had any trouble the past few days, and I'm surprised at myself for not discovering the 'ignore' option sooner. Hoping things will stay like this.
                                Meanwhile, I want to apologise for being a bit moody the past weeks. I've felt a little like a tightly strung fenceline, trying not to let the cattle stampede through. As a result, I've been a little snappy. I want to particularly apologise to Qas, who I kind of scolded, even if it wasn't seriously, about wanting to start a favourite Sam hairstyle poll. That was very awful of me, and under normal circumstances I wouldn't have. I don't even disaprove of discussing Sam's hair, it just seemed a little strange to follow straight on from two serious discussion posts. If it had been in amongst other general discussion I wouldn't have even mentioned it. I'm not trying to make excuses, just attempting to say sorry, because I promised myself that I'd never publicly put down any post by a Samandan, and Qasim certainly didn't deserve it. And apologies to anyone else who I may have offended without even realising it.
                                I've got a free weekend, and I figured that I really couldn't waste it completely without coming to Samanda. So stuff that stupid one week deal that I made, ok?

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X