No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber, i'm not a member of the leadership, but i say you should have your title changed, so count me for seconding the motion
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Anyone else find the caption on this photo somewhat idiotic?

"Carter gets to point the gun in Desperate Measures."

Um, hello! McFly! She's a Lt. Colonel in the United States Air Force and a member of Earth's flagship Stargate team. She points a gun on a regular basis. Who was the brain child of this caption? Obviously someone who had never watched an episode.
      Guess the new quote will be......"Carter gets to shoot the gun...."

The caption isn't somewhat idiotic, it's VERY idiotic!!!!!

BTW, Hi to everyone in Samanda.....if you are in the States, hope you are having a great holiday weekend. If you are elsewhere, I hope your Monday is going well....as well as Mondays can go anyway. Sorry I haven't been around very much.....RL problems again. I may have to take a leave of absence very soon. Will keep you posted as soon as I have more info. In the meantime, I'm thinking of you all and AT.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

ACK...I missed it!

Congratulations to qasimjavid for his 6,000th post!!!! WTG!!!!!

I knew you could do it qas!
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thank you

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay for you!

Another great Sam moment is pretty much everything in "Foothold". She saves the day (with Maybourne and Major Davis thrown in for good measure!)

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay for you!

Another great Sam moment is pretty much everything in "Foothold". She saves the day (with Maybourne and Major Davis thrown in for good measure!)
              Plus she gets to make fun of Maybourne and shoot Major Davis!! Not to mention shooting Jack (sorry shippers )! She pretty much did everything to save the day in that ep except for the very beginning where Teal'c had to break her out. Poor Maybourne looked kinda shell shocked.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Sam moments….

From the beginning, I’ve loved Sam’s sense of wonder and excitement when she discovers something new. It’s always fun to watch her mind shuffle all the pieces of the puzzle into place. However, like many of us, she sometimes needs a nudge to return to the immediate requirements of her journey.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Make it bigger:

SAM IS JUST GREAT!!!
                  SAM IS JUST REALLY REALLY GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by AncientKnowledge
                    SAM IS JUST REALLY REALLY GREAT!
                    Now thats better
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      My current favorite is
                      Spoiler:
                      "Not Exactly"
                      ((C7)) Mine too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        Now thats better
                        Yes, it most certainly is! We can't say it enough!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Does anyone know in how many episodes Sam says bubble?
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                            Does anyone know in how many episodes Sam says bubble?
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              Sam moments….

From the beginning, I’ve loved Sam’s sense of wonder and excitement when she discovers something new. It’s always fun to watch her mind shuffle all the pieces of the puzzle into place. However, like many of us, she sometimes needs a nudge to return to the immediate requirements of her journey.

Yes. Sam could have been really annoying in that first episode in someone else's hands. But AT really brings that sense of wonder along with Sam's smarts. She's brilliant but not a pain in the mikta know-it-all. Definitely seen in the picture you've posted. I also love her in that episode when she first sees the DHD. She's so into it O'Neill has to call her over to be introduced to Daniel. She introduces herself as Dr. Carter & Jack says "I thought you wanted to be called Captain." The look on her face at that point is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                Ooooh i'm one of those who spends alot of time here but in lurking mode only, will try to post more often.
                                How about this that i've just read from Amanda in The Illustrated Companion s7+8.

Another thing Ms Tapping jokingly feared might turn out as inappropriate concerned a close family member. "Peter DeLuise knew my mum was visiting, and made her an extra in the background whilst Pete was proposing to me. I was terrified she was going to run across and shout, "She's married, stay away!" But she didn't. Mum was dead pleased to be in the show, as i was, because i love my mum and it was great she was there with me. But when Peter DeLuise made her the offer i went, "Oh, no, no, no, she won't want to do that," but mum said, "Oh, i'd LOVE to do that, of course i will," and i was like, "MOTHER." So there we are." Announces proud Ms Tapping, "That's my mum in the background, ushing Michael Greenburg's kids down a slide."

That little interview from Amanda just made me smile because i've heard that same "MOTHER" from both of my children so many times over the years when they thought that "mother or dad" was not behaving as they thought we should and it was so lovely to read that little peek into Amanda's family life
                                Oh, gee! You don't mean you finally found a reason for us to watch (*shudder*) Affinity again???!!!???

Comment

Working...
                                X