This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    I think Geeky!Sam is also funny cause of the fact that she is the total oposite of Sam...Or that is what it looks like. But in fact Sam and Geeky!Sam are really a lot alike. only Sam isn't that clumsy (sp?) But if you look at Sam...And Geeky!Sam...they are much alike. Of course that is what they planned...I mean the writers aren't dumb. But if you add a few things with Geeky!Sam you just get Sam...What is frightening but in the end let's face it Sam is a nerd.
    She is! But that's why she's so adorable! She'd rather play with her dohickies than go fishing with her hella hot CO. Though that decision could have been for self-preservation.

I also think that there is a lot of 'our Sam' in Geeky!Sam. It's Sam if she wasn't quite as comfortable in her skin and hadn't gone into the air force. Once Geeky!Sam had seem a bit of 'life' she seamed to relax a little (in ancient egypt) and become even more like 'our Sam'.

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterRocks
      Yeah big Scully fan too, loved Gillian she was pretty cool too, but i gotta admit Amanda is cooler ...sorry Gillian..
      I must say I AGREE!!!! Sam and AT are the BOMB!!! I am so saving all my money for the AT3! Amanda is so AWESOME!!! (Sorry too, Gillian......AT is just cooler! Sometimes we just have to face the facts Starbuck....

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315
        She is! But that's why she's so adorable! She'd rather play with her dohickies than go fishing with her hella hot CO. Though that decision could have been for self-preservation.
        Yes she is adorable isn't she eh Oh we need a screencap and of course I don't have one on this computer
        And I think Sam is a lot about self-preservation if you ask me...I think if you ask me she is a very inteligent woman...who really is smart but if it comes to emotions...she is totally unknowing.
        I mean she doesn't do it very well. I mean she can't read people that great either. I think her work, for Sam, has always been a way of escape, escape out of reality or escape out of RL...But in the end (Grace and Chimera) she knew she couldn't go on like that. She had to have a life besides work...Cause work is great but isn't everything...She learned that. Even thoug work will always be important for her it isn't the main thing anymore...

I also think there is a reason why she doesn't do emotions that well...and that has a lot to do with her past. With the passing away of her mom. And with always wanting to prove herself towards her dad. that has made her youth...She was out to prove herself. And once you are in there you stay in there. I think that is also what she did in the Acadamy and also what she kept doing in the SGC...Proving herself...Showing that she is good in what she does...

Sam must have been very insecure when she was little but because of the fact that she was brilliant, she turned that insecurity around...She showed the world that she was able to do great things...with her mind...wiht her brains

I also think that there is a lot of 'our Sam' in Geeky!Sam. It's Sam if she wasn't quite as comfortable in her skin and hadn't gone into the air force. Once Geeky!Sam had seem a bit of 'life' she seamed to relax a little (in ancient egypt) and become even more like 'our Sam'.
        yes it works both ways eh...there is of Geeky!Sam in our Sam...I mean it just needs a few little changes and you get one of the other...And yeah Geeky!Sam just needed that extra support to make things work. I think she needed someone to tell her she was good in what she did...She needed someone there. She already knew she was good, and smart but Geeky!Sam needed someone to aknowledge this...To give her that extra boost of confidence that she needed!!
        Cause Sam isn't that confident, well she wasn't in the beginning...

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict
          I must say I AGREE!!!! Sam and AT are the BOMB!!! I am so saving all my money for the AT3! Amanda is so AWESOME!!! (Sorry too, Gillian......AT is just cooler! Sometimes we just have to face the facts Starbuck....
          Yep its life i guess , Amanda is AWSOME...and cooler
          Same here trying to save as much as possible for AT3!!
          Can't wait

Comment

Yep its life i guess , Amanda is AWSOME...and cooler
            Same here trying to save as much as possible for AT3!!
            Can't wait
            YEA!!! Maybe we'll see eachother there!!! If only I had a 'real' job and didn't have to pay for school two three times before then! BUT I WILL make it, I'm determined to meet Amanda and gush like an idiot about how wonderfully great and awesome she is and turn beet red!!!!

Comment

Yeah.. I suspect that was self-preservation - and habit.

And I find it interesting that, IMHO, since S8 we've been seeing more of the 'other Sam's' integrated into 'our' Sam. She's been a bit quirky and sometimes goofy, like Geeky!Sam, quitely confident like ITLoD Sam, compassionate and caring and NOT afraid to touch and to hold like PoV Sam, and even a bit of smugly successful Replicarter.

Personally, I think that's because since S8, she's become more accepting of who she is and is no longer 'role playing' as much, so we're seeing more of her true self and a more integrated whole than we've seen before. And I like it

Comment

These are for you, Sal. For anyone who doesn't know, we've been doing episode-a-week discussions over on the S/J thread, and we did Threads last week. Due to - honestly - emotional fatigue (these slides are exhausting emotionally) - it's taken me longer than the week , but Sam asked me to post these ones over here:

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF
                  Yeah.. I suspect that was self-preservation - and habit.

And I find it interesting that, IMHO, since S8 we've been seeing more of the 'other Sam's' integrated into 'our' Sam. She's been a bit quirky and sometimes goofy, like Geeky!Sam, quitely confident like ITLoD Sam, compassionate and caring and NOT afraid to touch and to hold like PoV Sam, and even a bit of smugly successful Replicarter.

Personally, I think that's because since S8, she's become more accepting of who she is and is no longer 'role playing' as much, so we're seeing more of her true self and a more integrated whole than we've seen before. And I like it
                  That is an excellent observation. I definitely believe that is due to subtle and effectual character development. How much of that development is due to the writers, or due to Amanda's performance is the question. I am leaning towards it being mostly due to Amanda's performance and input. Not that I don't have faith in the writers, I just have more faith in the person that has been breathing this character for 10 years.

Since I watched all the eps in a month and a half span, I guess the differences for me weren't as obvious the first time around. Now that I am watching all of the episodes again, I am seeing it more. I am now in season 7 of my second run-through.

It's nice to see these other sides of 'our Sam' coming forward. We knew they had to be there from our experience with the AU Sam's.

I just remembered a scene that shows her geeky side - when she's ranting about the movie 'Signs' to Daniel. Only a total geek would get that worked up about it!

There needs to be a Geeky!Sam icon. If I knew how to make one...

Comment

See i wanna save money too, but the problem is i have a problem with saving money And i see lately all that cute stuff...and then i still have other things to pay...oye..but i am gonna try to save for it soon....and otherwise...where is my sweet daddy? **not that he is gonna pay for it**

That is an excellent observation. I definitely believe that is due to subtle and effectual character development. How much of that development is due to the writers, or due to Amanda's performance is the question. I am leaning towards it being mostly due to Amanda's performance and input. Not that I don't have faith in the writers, I just have more faith in the person that has been breathing this character for 10 years.
                    I think too that it is mostly because of AT performance also because some of the things that are written are just really...bad...and then again she makes something wonderful out of it, i love her acting, and she does everything also very well.

It is also just like you say i have faith in the writers but in the end AT will make it better
                    And some of the things she does you know that aren't written in the script, some things you can't write in it but she does it and makes it better

Since I watched all the eps in a month and a half span, I guess the differences for me weren't as obvious the first time around. Now that I am watching all of the episodes again, I am seeing it more. I am now in season 7 of my second run-through.
                    Ow S7...so good season...even with me as shipper and the introducing of Pete, it is my favorite season.
                    I like multiply episodes with Sam in a big rol..but then again i like most episodes with Sam...lol...
                    And i have tried to do that too, but i just can not watch anything in the right sequence...even the first time around i couldn't do that...it says something that i have watched Moebius earlier then Threads
                    And then i hopped to Lost City...and i think i skipped a big part of Season 5 the first time...but now i watch everything...only still not in the right sequence i just look what i wanna watch and i watch it...sometimes that can also be SGA...

As example the episode Grace under Pressure with AT was wonderful as well...

It's nice to see these other sides of 'our Sam' coming forward. We knew they had to be there from our experience with the AU Sam's.

I just remembered a scene that shows her geeky side - when she's ranting about the movie 'Signs' to Daniel. Only a total geek would get that worked up about it!

lol on the geeky!Sam, and i am sure some people can make an Geeky!Sam icon for ya
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      what really is IT that amanda did to grab so many of us?

i'm like you, i've had a lot of different female characters over time that i've loved, but amanda... she's just this girl next door... it's like watching a doris day comedy and suddenly doris pulling out a gun and shooting this bad guy across the room then fixing her dress and going back to her dorisness.

i know that's silly, but amanda plays sam so *normal* and reachable, but sam just happens to be drop dead gorgeous and smarter than einstein.
                      I think that's it though. Amanda's got that *grounded-ness* about her, and it reflects in Sam Carter. One of the things that folks talk about when they meet her is just how "normal" she is. I got blown away because I actually couldn't believe that I was talking to the woman who plays my "hero" for want of a better word. She's just so genuine and real.

And Doris Day Sam? I would *love* to see that!

sigpic

Comment

YEA!!! Maybe we'll see eachother there!!! If only I had a 'real' job and didn't have to pay for school two three times before then! BUT I WILL make it, I'm determined to meet Amanda and gush like an idiot about how wonderfully great and awesome she is and turn beet red!!!!
                        Yeah i guess we might see each otehr there I can't wait!! Oh yeah and i have that too paying for school arg!!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422
                          I think that's it though. Amanda's got that *grounded-ness* about her, and it reflects in Sam Carter. One of the things that folks talk about when they meet her is just how "normal" she is. I got blown away because I actually couldn't believe that I was talking to the woman who plays my "hero" for want of a better word. She's just so genuine and real.

And Doris Day Sam? I would *love* to see that!

I have to agree with you on that one, she's just so...'normal' as you said. She's amazing, when she see's her fans she becomes so happy and content of having so much love that, she knows that she just has to be herself. Thats what we, the fans, love about her, she's ..herselfand that's what makes her AWSOME!!

Comment

I have to agree with you on that one, she's just so...'normal' as you said. She's amazing, when she see's her fans she becomes so happy and content of having so much love that, she knows that she just has to be herself. Thats what we, the fans, love about her, she's ..herselfand that's what makes her AWSOME!!
                            Hi Everyone,

Your so right about how down-to- earth Amanda really is, and she truly does enjoy meeting her fans.

I love every different Sam's we've seen but my fave apart from "our" Sam of course, is Geeky! Sam she's sooo funny, Amanda did a great job with her her mannerisms were fantastic.

I would also love to know how Amanda prepared for the Stuck roll, someone definitely should ask her at AT3 or another con.

Oooh AT3 I can't wait!! I'm saving hard too

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Trust me, I know all about Geeky!Sam's little quirks. I've seen the episode a few times (*cough* 12 *cough*), but it wasn't until the 5th or 6th viewing that I realised.... *I* was Geeky!Sam. Not quite as exaggerated, but I do tend to grab my sleeves and put a little hop in my step when I am a bit excited and walk with my arms straight down (I blame the Irish dancing for that one).

My brother, my sister and I have this hop thing we do when we are really excited about something but we don't do it in public. But we have been calling it the happy dance.

I watched all the episodes over a three month period due to having to space out purchasing the DVD's. I am thinking about starting over at the begining this summer and watching them all back to back again.

BTW almost forgot.

I made a Sanctuary Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5d1YvfXeQg

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

You rang??

(btw never say that when I have time cause I know I will make some lol)

1. 2. 2b.

3. 4. 5.

6. 7. 8.

9. 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X