This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    I think it's really sad that she's doing her best to avoid stepping on toes, and then people use the fact she's hedging against her. It's completely understandable that she is very careful about what she says... she really can't get it right either way. (((Amanda)))

Let's hope she doesn't have to do much more of this:

She's in a very difficult position; for some, one minute of screentime for Sam is at least two minutes too many, but at the same time, unless I am very much mistaken, TPTB hope that Sam's presence on SGA will win them some new viewers and obviously, she's not going to be able to do that if people think that she's going to be wallpaper. It's impossible to appease both the people who want assurances that there will be very little Sam and the people who hope to see her play a significant role.

As well as that, everyone's definitions are different, so "support role" and similar terms could mean very different things to different people.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      she is literally darned if she does and darned if she doesn't.

if she shows that she's excited to be in s4, then she's offending weir's fans. if she's doesn't show that she's happy, well then she's ignoring her fans.

no matter what she does, it's 'wrong' to somene
      Not to mention, adding fuel to the allegations that TH and Weir were tossed aside to make room for her and Sam.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I really don't think they'd bring her over if they weren't going to give her something to do. There's no pleasing the Sam haters.
        But for those Atlantis fans who are neutral to Sam or don't know her at all, I think they'll adjust.

As an AT fan I'd like to see lots of Carter, but as an Atlantis fan I can see where that would be kind of weird. It sounds like Sam will be more significant in some episodes than in others. I think of some of the SG1s where Sam wasn't in the ep much--AT still made an impact in the scenes she had. Not in a "taking over" way, but making a contribution. That's my hope for Atlantis.

Gee when Sanctuary finishes (temporarily, please!) and until Atlantis starts it will be AT withdrawal. Good thing I have those DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I really don't think they'd bring her over if they weren't going to give her something to do. There's no pleasing the Sam haters.
          But for those Atlantis fans who are neutral to Sam or don't know her at all, I think they'll adjust.

As an AT fan I'd like to see lots of Carter, but as an Atlantis fan I can see where that would be kind of weird. It sounds like Sam will be more significant in some episodes than in others. I think of some of the SG1s where Sam wasn't in the ep much--AT still made an impact in the scenes she had. Not in a "taking over" way, but making a contribution. That's my hope for Atlantis.

Gee when Sanctuary finishes (temporarily, please!) and until Atlantis starts it will be AT withdrawal. Good thing I have those DVDs.
          i wrote out a reply to this and then hit the wrong button... i guess the reply was swept into a black hole!

~tries to put on thinking cap~

~where the blazes did that post go!~

*sighs all pissy like*

ANYHOO, what i think i said was...

being a sam, jack, and s1-8 fan, i can well understand the atlantis fans' feeling in this.

but...

sam's importance was literally reduced (can't think of a better term) in s9/10, so i was hoping the atlantis gig might make up for that. and because of how little we got to see sam actually lead in s8 (and 9/10 )... like i said, i'm wanting atlantis to make up for both.

but i'm understanding of the atlantis fans too.

it's also hard for me when ppl say about sam being like weir on the show, because i don't know what weir was like. i'm hoping sam's not going to be only like landry in hammond, even though i know the atlantis show focuses on the team (a1 or sga1 or do they have a name?)

so it's basically me balancing what i'd like for sam with what i know this show's structure is. i'm not expecting the sam carter show, but i'm also tired of the sam being pushed to the side. i guess it's balance, but mostly for my expectations (and satisfaction).

~this still isn't exactly what i said~

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            I'm a little concerned that if the show gets canceled, who do you think they will blame???
            That's what I hate. People(some) would blame AT. But what about all the other changes, not just cast wise? So many factors contribute to whether or not the show is renewed, but people will try and make it one person's fault and it isn't that way at all!
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            she is literally darned if she does and darned if she doesn't.

if she shows that she's excited to be in s4, then she's offending weir's fans. if she's doesn't show that she's happy, well then she's ignoring her fans.

no matter what she does, it's 'wrong' to somene
            You're right. She's in a tough spot.

Comment

Working...
            X