No announcement yet.

Rare Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm... Mckay/Weir, Teal'c/Vala and Teyla/Michael don't count as rare... right?

some of my more obscure pairings:

Jalen/Tanith (hahah)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Have you looked around some cause I think I saw some fics flying around with Rodney/Carson as main pairing. The threesome, however, I don't think I have ever seen it.
      Really? Nope I haven't seen any. I thought the two have chemistry as a couple but never actually found fans who thought the same as I did xD

I'm also starting to see a bit of Fraiser/Hammond during my re-watch. lol! Though I do see some people who like/support that pairing around here so I'm not sure if that's considered rare

OH. And another one that I remembered having chemistry---Jack O'Neill/Harry Maybourne. xD

I'd go for Baal/Adria and Baal/Sam too. If those are counted as rare.

I've seen a fic on Sam/Todd the Wraith. It works! lol

Comment

A couple is considered rare when fic is hard to find or when it has less supporters than the pain pairings found in fandom.

The Rare Pair Ficathon excluded Sam/Jack, John/Elizabeth, Daniel/Vala, John/Teyla, Sheppard/McKay and Daniel/Jack.

So all other pairings are considered rare.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My rare SG-1 pairings are:
          Daniel/Janet, Teal'c/Ish'ta, Cameron/Carolyn, Jonas/Kiana, Tomin/Vala, Thor/Heimdall, Jennifer Hailey/Lt. Elliot, and Ba'al/Adria.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            A couple is considered rare when fic is hard to find or when it has less supporters than the pain pairings found in fandom.

The Rare Pair Ficathon excluded Sam/Jack, John/Elizabeth, Daniel/Vala, John/Teyla, Sheppard/McKay and Daniel/Jack.

So all other pairings are considered rare.
            In that case, I only have rare pairings. My SG-1 pairings:

Sam/Martouf/Lantash
            Sam/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
            Rosha/Jolinar/Martouf/Lantash
            Janet/Jacob/Selmak
            Daniel/Anise/Freya
            Amaunet/Apophis
            sigpic
            Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I'm definitely a rare-pair kinda girl... Femslash alone is rare.

Comment

Umm, is this board kinda straight? My favorite pairing by far is Sam/Janet. I respect the Sam/Jack, but I think they are really mates in a different way, which along with AF regs is why they don't seem to get it working.
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Jack and Gun
                  Jack and Bowl
                  Do not forget Jack and Cake!
                  Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                  Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                    Umm, is this board kinda straight?
                    Any and all pairings are welcome - however (unfortunately) you'll find more het-pairings than slash or femslash pairings.

And if you wish to know it - I think there's a Sam/Janet-thread out there somewhere.

Comment

maybe I will start a first to 50 rare parings game and it will be interesting who is first who should I exclude besides Jack & Sam, Daniel & Vala, John & Teyla, John & Elizabeth, John & Rodney, Jack & Daniel, Ronon & Teyla, Ronon & Jennifer, Rodney & Jennifer?
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        maybe I will start a first to 50 rare parings game and it will be interesting who is first who should I exclude besides Jack & Sam, Daniel & Vala, John & Teyla, John & Elizabeth, John & Rodney, Jack & Daniel, Ronon & Teyla, Ronon & Jennifer, Rodney & Jennifer?
                        I don't think Ronon/Teyla is that big in fandom... Or I'm looking in all the wrong places.
                        Ronon/Jennifer either I think.

Comment

If you go by fic counts that might work, but not for me, I don't like fic so I'd be more inclined to judge rareness by what I like: original fanart... which, for some strange reason, I have a hard time finding Teyla/John art! And if you look at the photobased art here on gateworld alone you know that's not a rare pairing.

Femslash might be rare in this fandom, I see it all over other fandoms like star wars.

Sounds cool PoundPuppy! I haven't been to the games threads in a long time, I'd play, but if you don't exclude Rodney/Elizabeth you know I'd have to start voting for them. I'd also exclude Rodney/Shep. (also, could I post pictures, just for fun? you know me, I'm a screencap whore.) also how about exluding Ronon/Amelia? Are you gonna include SGU pairings? (I don't even know what pairings you'd pick there, I've only seen a couple episodes and I would guess Eli/Chloe and Matt/Chloe would be out. or whathisleaderfaceiforget/TJ.

Comment

They both have threads and Fan fiction dedicated
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...n-Appreciation

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...mp-Wild-Man%29

I was wondering if I should exclude Sam & Janet because they do have a large following too
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                              Femslash might be rare in this fandom, I see it all over other fandoms like star wars.
                              It's definitely considered rare in Stargate - by that I mean, that finding fic that deals with relationships between two female characters is hard to find. And I speak from experience here cause I'm a femslash writer and reader.... I haven't read anything in a long time. Written yes (Legend of the Seeker fandom, not Stargate), read no.

Comment

should I exclude Rodney & Elizabeth I am not sure if they have a large following too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X