RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
    Yes! and definitely wasn't a PG conversation.

I was going to make a sig with my five guys but I never got around to it. That would be a fun project though. I'll call it "My 5 Men I would, eh, if I could."
    Susan-
    I adore your sig line. Especially pics #'s 1, 5, and 7. Just not helping the concentration at all here. Well, I guess I am concentrating....just not on work!
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      I was reading through mala's thread and reading who thought who was thunky. And I got to wondering. I know everyone who posts in this thread pretty much thinks RDA/Jack is hot and oh so thunky. But is he your number one thunk? How many RDA/Jack thunkers have him at the very top of their list?

For me, Jack/RDA is #1.
      Hmmm... Tough question...

For a long while, I thunked almost exclusively for Harrison Ford, but... He's not aged as well as some others of his average age among the male population (sorry, Harry! ), and his antics as of late have rather disppointed me (I STILL want to see Indy 4 though! ).

I must admit that Rick has alot of my votes for many more reasons than just his physical assets.
      Yes, he's aged really gracefully: save for the hair and a few deeper lines, his face has not changed much since the Macgyver days - must be his living hygiene!
      I also like the fact that he's rather modest and has grown beyond this "I'm the big star" attitude many actors have, despite lacking talent.

In all honesty, I don't think Rick has a talent like Robert de Niro's or Sir Anthony Hopkins's for instance, but in his category, he's good, very good. I've had the chance to see a few aspects of his acting talents along the years, and despite what he says himself, I don't think his talent is "limited".

The other thing that makes me go all weak in the knees, is the fact that he uses his celebrity for honorable causes that I have supported since way before I knew he did.

As a mother, I'm also rather moved by how much he wants to be there for his daughter, and how much he wants to *be* a good example to Wylie.

And for the last, I think he's extremely intelligent, and that he's - partly at least - learnt the lessons of life the hard way. I once heard him say about his trip to Tibet, that he was a better man now than before, and I think that can apply to all his life. He has the modesty to acknowledge it.

Aside from that, he's an extremely sexy man, and he knows it! So yeah, I thunk hard for him, but not only for his good looks!
      Last edited by Anakin; 03 December 2004, 11:31 AM.
      Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
      ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin

For a long while, I thunked almost exclusively for Harrison Ford, but... He's not aged as well as some other of his average age among the male population (sorry, Harry! ), and his antics as of late have rather disppointed me (I STILL want to see Indy 4 though! ).

I must admit that Rick has alot of my votes for many more reasons than just his physical assets.
        Yes, he's aged really gracefully: save for the hair and a few deeper lines, his face has not changed much since the Macgyver days - must be his living hygiene!
        I also like the fact that he's rather modest and has grown beyond this "I'm the big star" attitude many actors have, despite lacking talent.

In all honesty, I don't think Rick has a talent like Robert de Niro's or Sir Anthony Hopkins's for instance, but in his category, he's good, very good. I've had the chance to see a few aspects of his acting talents along the years, and despite what he says himself, I don't think his talent is "limited".

The other thing that makes me go all weak in the knees, is the fact that he uses his celebrity for honorable causes that I have supported since way before I knew he did.

As a mother, I'm also rather moved by how much he wants to be there for his daughter, and how much he wants to *be* a good example to Wylie.

And for the last, I think he's extremely intelligent, and that he's - partly at least - learnt the lessons of life the hard way. I once heard him say about his trip to Tibet, that he was a better man now than before, and I think that can apply to all his life. He has the modesty to acknowledge it.

Aside from that, he's an extremely sexy man, and he knows it! So yeah, I thunk hard for him, but not only for his good looks!
        Anakin-Excellent post! RDA is an admirable person in both his private and professional life. I'm not going to snip your post, because it just deserves rereading.
        Tasha
        JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

For a long while, I thunked almost exclusively for Harrison Ford, but... He's not aged as well as some others of his average age among the male population (sorry, Harry! ), and his antics as of late have rather disppointed me (I STILL want to see Indy 4 though! ).

Your right, it takes more than good looks. Well said.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            Your right, it takes more than good looks. Well said.
            Wow, don't I feel shallow.

But I take comfort in the fact I'm not alone in my shallowness. Yes, RDA does good works, but lets not lose sight of the fact that he's smokin' hot.

Especially in blue.

Or wet.

Or wearing a wet, blue shirt...

Or with a four day beard and wearing a wet, blue shirt...

I'm sure I was going somewhere with this.

Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

#1 first and foremost RDA cause he is just beyond yummie for me
              #2 Harrison Ford
              #3 Sean Connery
              #4 Pierce Brosnan
              #5 and the rest of the cute guys

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                O-my-god, Ruralstar! Just wanted to say how much I lurrrrrve your stories! I’m reading ‘Go towards the light’ for the nth time at the minute!
                Awwww thanks very much. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Comment

Originally posted by bbfan
                  I'm soooo sorry I haven't been available to thunk very much with you guys... hubby is sick... and no offence to any guys out there... but they make the worst patients... it also doesn't help that the child is back from Ohio University... HOGGING up the computer... ugh!

Thanks to gateworld.net for this pic.
                  Family comes first Lorie, we all understand. Thanks for sharing when you can. Delicious as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
                    Yep, RDA is number 1. Choosing between his roles is difficult, there are things I love about each one. So I can't put one role above the other.

There are other guys who I think are handsome or good looking of course. But none of them have that special something that makes RDA stand out. He just oozes charm, and sex appeal, and he's gorgeous.

RDA is The Man.
                    What she said, every word of it.

Comment

Well I'm with Susan as far as feeling shallow. This was well put Anakin. My only quibble is with the talent issue. I think RDA has always had the potential to do great things like DeNiro or others of his ilk. Whether through choice or fortune he has not done them. Stargate episodes like Abyss and MacGyver episodes like The Madonna are examples of great depth and range IMHO.

Thanks for putting into words what many of us feel.

Comment

Just making my presence felt this evening. How about Jack through the seasons?

I just rewatched The First Commandment last night. I really enjoy that ep and the "lunatic fringe" comment by Sam followed up by a quick shot of Jack is priceless.

Comment

Season Two Secrets

Comment

Season three Seth

Comment

Season Four Entity

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                                Would it surprise you to learn that I think Jack/RDA is THE man, THE stud, THE hunk???? Didn't think so!!!
                                NO! Really
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X