No announcement yet.

RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be serious. I couldn't watch MacGyver when it was first run. Work, school and work. I thought my neighbor across the hall was a little weird for naming her cat "MacGyver" and that she'd have a viewing Party when it was on. If she could see me now.
    Legend was the first series I watched him in, short lived as it was. I think that's why I have such a soft spot for Ernest Pratt.
    I had to make do with MacGyver repeats, since I didn't watch Stargate until S6 (no Showtime).
    Then I found internet Fandom. *** Heaven, I'm in heaven *** Whilst I (greatly) admire RDA's looks , I find it utterly fascinating how he brings characters to life. Enough life that you laugh with them, cheer them and, on occasion, cry for them.

Bravo, Richard, Bravo!

Thanks Jesse McClain

BIG version
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
      I think Miami Vice premiered a year or two before Mac but they did run concurrently for a while. I'm with you, they can keep Don Johnson down in Miami, I'll take our Minnesota boy any day!
      lol...... I don't really like Don Johnson as an actor,but I do like that song he did in '86 "Heartbeat"...... Off topic.....Anyway.....

More hotness.....(two...)
      Last edited by AncientKnowledge; 06 September 2005, 03:15 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...ddess/m1999.jpg
        There's something I've been wondering ever since I first saw this thunkalicious photo: where on this planet did THE MAN need a name tag???????
        Well some folks can't help it if they live under a rock in a very deep cave at the center of the earth

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s
          Okay Rural, I was trying to get to the bottom of the THUNK THREAD!! But um, its now IMPOSSIBLE!! OH MY!!

NAP TIME!!
          Later GG's
          but just before I GO!!
          *slides down and hits the wall* BANG!!!!

HOLY THUNKIN BUCKETS OF OMG!!!!

Damn woman a bit of warning next time. THUNK you!

Comment

*looks at clock* Marathon!....oh geez!!!!....gotta run! But I will be back....I'm just having to much fun!

whoo hoo thanks gateworld.....

Comment

Originally posted by AncientKnowledge
              Wait why do we need pie...Remember "Beer is a great substitute for....food".... *hehe* Sorry, just a random Jack moment....
              Jack moments can strike at any time.
              I was at a Con a few weekends ago. I ordered a Guiness while we were waiting for Pizza and, when it came of course, "I find this a great substitute for . . . food." It's fun to see other people "get it".

Here's a question that may have been raised before but, how many Jack-isms, MacGyver-isms, etc., verbal or practical have crept into your personality?

I've got Mac's "Oohhh, Maaan!", the SAK, the ductape and I've been known to put together disparate pieces of 'stuff' to make a tool I need.
              Jack is mostly verbal. "Oh, FCOL", "I don't think so, bucko", "Oh, there's not a chance in H##L".
              You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Just got the email--Season 3 of MacGyver is on its way to me!!
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I've started using FCoL in my everyday conversation. Haven't used any MacGyverisms yet, although I've talked about it while trying to fix something. I have sorely been tempted to say "That's derentis" just to see if anyone catches it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    Just got the email--Season 3 of MacGyver is on its way to me!!
                    YIPPEE!

Comment

*looks at clock* Marathon!....oh geez!!!!....gotta run! But I will be back....I'm just having to much fun!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81...age/814_12.jpg
                      whoo hoo thanks gateworld.....
                      Ok.....RDA was so poorly used in those two eps (S9-1 and S9-3)that I don't think I can stand to watch them again!!! So, I have developed a plan to thwart viewing them! I taped last night's Stargate Monday on Skiffy while I watched the 24 marathon on A & E. So, tonight, I can sit down with some nice, vintage SG-1!

Comment

Welcome back Admiral and thanks, I didn't even notice.

So is this a pic of your guide? If so, where do I sign up!

http://ruralstar.free.fr/pics/bts/BTS_SmirkyJack.jpg

Yeah...that's the hunk. You can arrange your own personal travel experience with him by contacting his agent at Dream Vacations.

Comment

Can't be a devotee of THE MAN and not like the stick-up hair ((((((((Bev)))))))))

http://ruralstar.free.fr/pics/bts/BTS_smile5.jpg
                          So true Rural...so true!
                          sigpic

Comment

The woods.... *giggling* Playing..... ...... Oh geez....

It was hard duty, but someone had to take it on.

My Jonas clone kept a journal and those at his thunk thread want to see it, so it'll be posted at some point as a fan fic. He was especially fond of watching Master Jack's lesson on the proper use of pudding cups.

Comment

Let's just say I remember watching RDA on G.H., then on MacGyver and I'm also glad Avery Brooks landed the role on DS9.

Thank you for 8 years on Stargate Sg1 RDA and have fun with your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                                You had a piece this morning? *JJC whispers to her* Oh! Cake! Sorry. *gets dragged back to the top of the Gutter*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../descent08.jpg

LOL! Shh...don't tell anyone...but I went back for another when Feli wasn't looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X