RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rune
    *grins* Having read all of what you were burbling on about I have to say yeah you were thinking all right. Did your poor hubs make it through the night in one piece though?
    He’s had to go take a nap!!!!

Unfortunately about 10 minutes after I finally staggered to bed our son woke and spent the next three hours whinging off and on. So no rest for the wicked, eh?

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

I've finally got to see Origin, and I liked it.
      I've said it before, I'll say it again, I have accepted that it *is* a *New* show.

[RANT]
      Now what I don't get is why on Earth did they ask RDA to do some cameos if not to make a smooth transition between SG-1 season 8 and SG-1 "new look"?
      His appearances, although delightable (hey, I'll take what I can get, even if it's not his best!) came in like they had nothing to do with the current storyline(s). To quote the beginning of one his lines in Atlantis's Pilot, "that was a waste of a perfectly good..." actor/character.
      Like some said more or less, I feel like they have wasted Jack as a character. They showed him under the worst dumb/surly aspect of his personality and quite frankly, a general wouldn't act as dumb as that, even Jack. He's a seasonned officer, right? At least that's what eight years have presented him as... (sometimes it made me want to slap his face! ;o))
      All in all, this episode left me with a bitter taste regarding Jack O'Neill, and a LOT of questions in the SGC universe: what the HECK happened?
      What TPTB are doing with this character goes beyond my understanding, what they are doing with the show is obviously a spin-off even though it's not referred to as one.
      As a fan of SG-1, I must admit I am confused. If I add that I am a Sam/Jack shipper, you get a pretty good feeling on how confused I am...
      [/RANT]
      Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
      ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        I found a site, but it only lists the medals that were hanging on the wall of his office.

[nerdy moment]If I remember correctly, Jack had 18 medals when he started and now has 21. At least those that are on his uniform.[/nerdy moment]
        Not sure if anyone posted about this info already but I found these two sites..

http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sg1/medalsmain.html

http://personal.geah.org/stargate/jack.html

Neither give any information about his season 9 ranking.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 01 August 2005, 07:52 AM.

Comment

(((Anakin))) I'm with you all the way. I'm still stunned from Friday night.
          Spoiler:
          After waiting and waiting, to see him "stuck" into a scene with non-sense lines was a big disappointment. "That's it?!?" The flying scene with Mitchell was the only redeeming thing in the whole episode IMO.
          I have accepted that even without a name change, it is a changed show. I'm willing to give it a try, but so far I can't say I'm impressed.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

(((Anakin)))
            (((Blueiris)))

At the rate I'm going I don't think I even want to see these eps any more, I'm starting to feel I'd much rather remember Jack O'Neill as he was ... this just all feels so wrong.

So I'm sticking to Jack as he was - like this.

Comment

Its been a while since I could play in the gutter. So I'm bringing out my favorite piccys from my Mala files to celebrate.
              This one is a fav because of the yellow shirt (my fav color).

'
              *singing* com'on a my house, my house, I wanna give you candy

sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

(((Anakin)))
                (((Blueiris)))

At the rate I'm going I don't think I even want to see these eps any more, I'm starting to feel I'd much rather remember Jack O'Neill as he was ... this just all feels so wrong.

Can I stick on there too!??
                sigpic

Comment

(((Anakin)))
                  (((Blueiris)))

Rune, without spoiling, I can honestly say that I enjoyed (not loved, but enjoyed) the first episode and I liked Landry and Mitchell. I didn't think that I would like Mitchell, but I did. But after watching several episodes, it feels more like the Daniel Jackson show. I don't dislike the character, Daniel, (yet) but I'm just not crazy for episodes that center completely on him and that's what its felt like to me. Hopefully that will change when Amanda Tapping returns. I hope so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Not sure if anyone posted about this info already but I found these two sites..

http://www.stargatehandbook.org/sg1/medalsmain.html

http://personal.geah.org/stargate/jack.html

Neither give any information about his season 9 ranking.
                    Thank you, thank you thank you!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!!
                    sigpic

Comment

My very favorite pic of all time. IMO this pic defines Col. Jack O'Neill.
                      Mala's
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        My very favorite pic of all time. IMO this pic defines Col. Jack O'Neill.
                        Mala's

Excellent choice!

Good morning, all !

Note: Spoiler in the above pic...if you haven't seen Origin, click at your own risk.

Comment

*waves to C7* You mean you didn't give permission to publish those when you sold the movie rights

So is it just me or is it kinda quiet in here today? No Rural? No Jynyr? No Ivy?

Looks like it's just us, Jack and a YoYo
                          I'm here, I'm here!! *jumps up and down* I'm being a productive employee today. (NO LAUGHING) And my boss isn't even here.

It wasn't as bad as I expected. The A/C is working, the chair is comfortable, my co-workers actually got me caught up. The time is killing me though. I'd adapted to sleeping in till 8 or 9 in the morning. Now I can yell out the window to wake up the birds.

The boys are just rolling out of the sack.

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

I almost forgot. Presenting . . .
                            Mr. August
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Hey... RDA on THE SIMPSON.. can't wait for when it's air.. by that time it would be *counting* 7 months of no RDA ? *sigh*
                              sigpic
                              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Up close and personal......big brown eyes, lips, fingers,........and my yellow shirt...

Mala's
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X