No announcement yet.

RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Quick post coz I got a lot RL to do...

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS

WELCOME TO THE GUTTER DEBVAN64

WELCOME BACK SHELLY
    (and NO we haven't forget you )

(((MEL))) aawww Mel you got it bad... I haven't seen S9 yet, waiting for my friend to give me the tape , but reading the threads here I understand that some people hate it, some love it as always in every show. I can say that I'm open to any opinion, I believe that (even before I saw Season 9) Stargate SG-1 would always be better than most sci-fi show currently and that I would like to watch every episode, but I really really wish that people WOULD STOP DIMINISHING the role of RDA/CORIN NEMEC/TERYL ROTHERY/AMANDA TAPPING (temporarily)/DON D DAVIS/RAINBOW SF, they can praise BB/CB or Beau/Mitch/Ronon or whoever new comer is, but please have respect to all the actor/actress who have gave their best to the show.
    I would suggest that you start a THREAD about it.. but please search for it first, just in case some people already start it. If you want on the safe side, start an Off-Topic chatter, call it your Thread to rant about this (or additionally talk about Mac or XF) add the link to your sig, so people know about it.
    On another topic, if you want to talk about just Jack O'Neill, *shameless plug* link in my siggy
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
      A Quick post coz I got a lot RL to do...

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS

WELCOME TO THE GUTTER DEBVAN64

WELCOME BACK SHELLY
      (and NO we haven't forget you )

(((MEL))) aawww Mel you got it bad... I haven't seen S9 yet, waiting for my friend to give me the tape , but reading the threads here I understand that some people hate it, some love it as always in every show. I can say that I'm open to any opinion, I believe that (even before I saw Season 9) Stargate SG-1 would always be better than most sci-fi show currently and that I would like to watch every episode, but I really really wish that people WOULD STOP DIMINISHING the role of RDA/CORIN NEMEC/TERYL ROTHERY/AMANDA TAPPING (temporarily)/DON D DAVIS/RAINBOW SF, they can praise BB/CB or Beau/Mitch/Ronon or whoever new comer is, but please have respect to all the actor/actress who have gave their best to the show.
      I would suggest that you start a THREAD about it.. but please search for it first, just in case some people already start it. If you want on the safe side, start an Off-Topic chatter, call it your Thread to rant about this (or additionally talk about Mac or XF) add the link to your sig, so people know about it.
      On another topic, if you want to talk about just Jack O'Neill, *shameless plug* link in my siggy

Thanks for the suggestion hon but I don't feel like ranting anymore. I wanna party. All a thread would do is start a do-you-love-it-or-hate-it argument. I want to have some fun and talk about how great the original SG-1 is and leave everybody alone to either watch S9 or not watch it depending on personal preference. But a few people made comments that helped me realize just how changed Gate was going to be. So I'm marking the end of an era by being glad it happened and celebrating the LOVE. With some people I know will understand that love. Speaking of which have any of you gals joining me ever been to the rdanderson.com chat room? Kate said it's open for people to meet and all and I thought it might be a good location.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
        Quote:
        If I can remember how I saved my caps...it's Season 1, Volume 1 Behind the Scenes. Yep, that's it...had to go back and look at my hard drive. There was another gentleman with RDA but of course I cropped him out.
        Hmm. I just checked my season 1 vol. 1 and there's no extra on it.

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
          Hmm. I just checked my season 1 vol. 1 and there's no extra on it.

sharp
          I don't think it was volume 1. More like volume 5 or something...*slinks off to check*

Comment

I looked over my collection and the only one that rings a bell as maybe being right is Timeline to the Future: Legacy of the gate. But that's on disc 5 of season 4...

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
              Oh yeah. I remember that word. I guess they don't use it like that these days. -I learned it from Mystic Pizza- Anyway I figure season 8 doesn't have to be bad to have a wake. It's already so DIFFERENT. As for what to do it sounds like you know a bit more about this kind of thing than I do. I've never even been on a chat... So do you have any suggestions?
              LOL, your asking me? That was actually the only wake I've been to. Somebody said a few nice things about the show, like a eulogy, then we all just talked about our favorite moments and stuff. We could do a chat, or start a thread like they are for shipper day, if we get enough people who are interested.
              sig by PM

Comment

I looked over my collection and the only one that rings a bell as maybe being right is Timeline to the Future: Legacy of the gate. But that's on disc 5 of season 4...
                Yeah that's the one. I just watched it yesterday. It says it is part one of three parts. Is it continued on Season 5?
                sig by PM

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion hon but I don't feel like ranting anymore. I wanna party. All a thread would do is start a do-you-love-it-or-hate-it argument. I want to have some fun and talk about how great the original SG-1 is and leave everybody alone to either watch S9 or not watch it depending on personal preference. But a few people made comments that helped me realize just how changed Gate was going to be. So I'm marking the end of an era by being glad it happened and celebrating the LOVE. With some people I know will understand that love. Speaking of which have any of you gals joining me ever been to the rdanderson.com chat room? Kate said it's open for people to meet and all and I thought it might be a good location.
                  Oops, should have kept reading before I replied to your other post. The chat room at rdanderson would be good, but if you have AIM, or MSN messenger, then you can start a chat room with only people you invite, that way no one comes in with inapropriate chatter. I haven't been in a chat room for 8 or 9 years. I used to go to the Star Trek site and chat there and it never failed that someone would come in with x- rated talk just to get people upset.
                  sig by PM

Comment

Thanks, mel! I'm going to watch it tomorrow, it's waaaay past my bedtime here (2:30 am).

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
                      Hi! I'm back! Remember me? I so missed being able to thunk and when I got back, over 52 pages of thunking and over 1600 posts! Wow, you girls rock!

I know I missed a bunch of milestones so Congratulations to everyone who has a posting milestone this past week. That's probably most everyone in here.

Welcome to anyone new who might have dropped by since I was last here.

It's good to be back and thunking again!
                      Hope you had a good time Shelly. Welcome back!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
                        Thanks, mel! I'm going to watch it tomorrow, it's waaaay past my bedtime here (2:30 am).

sharp
                        hmm you must be east of here. It's only 2:16. 2:16!!!! I'd better say G'night myself. *yawn* g'night.

Comment

Ooooookaaaaaay *taps microphone* I know I gave up complaining about the absence of one, Jack O'Neill in season 9 by telling myself it was a new show and therefore, it's time for be to give it a rest. [... snip...] And the original Stargate SG-1 had gone to that big cancelled TV show Kebb up in the sky. So, that's all I wanted to say. *steps off podium*

(((Mel)))

I feel like you do... Not to mention there's a thread out there about how BB's character is so much better than O'Neill... .... I mean people have short memories!
                          I feel bitter and cheated (by TPTB on that one), and along with missing RDA, it just gives the new season a taste I'm not sure to enjoy in the long run...

Count me in!
                          Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                          ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                            Oops, should have kept reading before I replied to your other post. The chat room at rdanderson would be good, but if you have AIM, or MSN messenger, then you can start a chat room with only people you invite, that way no one comes in with inapropriate chatter. I haven't been in a chat room for 8 or 9 years. I used to go to the Star Trek site and chat there and it never failed that someone would come in with x- rated talk just to get people upset.

Good point. But I'd like for anyone to be able to stop by. And Star Trek is a large and -sometimes volatile- fan base. Rdanderson.com is such a happy place. It's hard to believe anything bad could happen there.

Comment

Hey GGs! Been chilling over on the J&S ship thread for a while but am in serious need of some RDA therapy so where better place to come!

S9 has yet to hit UK screens and so haven't felt the lack of RDA in SG1 terms but am just missing him generally as one does

Am crossing my fingers that maybe, just maybe our man will miss his Sg1 family so much that he may feel like upping his guest star appearances next season to semi regular status..... Yep, I know I'm a crazy delusional RDA fanchick but it helps me cope with the deprivation!!

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                                Yeah that's the one. I just watched it yesterday. It says it is part one of three parts. Is it continued on Season 5?
                                Unfortunately not. I've got 7 seasons and still no sign of two or three I heard somewhere the brits are getting them on some of thiers...But then they get ALL the good special features *whines*

Comment

Working...
                                X