X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Force Award

MEDIA ADVISORY
    United States Air Force

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE PUBLIC AFFAIRS, Pentagon, Washington, DC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 7, 2004

Richard Dean Anderson Of Stargate SG-1
    To Be Honored By Air Force
    Actor and executive producer Richard Dean Anderson of Stargate SG-1 will be recognized at the Air Force Association’s 57th Annual Air Force Anniversary Dinner in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, September 14, 2004. Air Force Chief of Staff, General John P. Jumper, will be on hand to participate in the special recognition.

Richard Dean Anderson will be recognized for his role as Executive Producer and star of the television show Stargate SG-1, and for the show’s continuous positive depiction of the Air Force. Stargate SG-1 continues to be the number one show on the Sci-Fi Channel and is currently in its eighth season on the air. It is also exceedingly popular abroad, distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Group to over 100 countries around the world.

Anderson has portrayed Air Force Colonel Jonathan “Jack” O’Neill, commanding officer of the SG-1 team of explorers, for seven seasons and, this season, has been promoted to Brigadier General and Commander of Stargate Command. Stargate Command is located deep inside Cheyenne Mountain, and most of the supporting cast portraying military members on the show are Air Force.

General Jumper filmed a cameo appearance for the show in August 2003. The episode was the finale of the seventh season, titled “Lost City Part 2”, and aired this past March. Gen. Jumper is the second Air Force Chief of Staff to appear on the show. Former Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Michael Ryan also had a cameo role in a fourth season episode titled “Prodigy” which aired in 2000.

In addition to receiving his award from the Air Force Association, Anderson will tour the Pentagon and visit with wounded troops at Walter Reed Hospital
    Sj Shortea

Comment

Originally posted by four1063
      Air Force Award

MEDIA ADVISORY
      United States Air Force

September 7, 2004

that is fantastic! what great news! and he so deserves it too.
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
        Thanks Mala. And I clicked on the link to my page, and now am faced with the reality that I've not updated in 3 weeks!

I will tell real life to stop interfering with my Jack/RDA/Mac drooling. I promise.
        Yes do tell that pesky RL to step back a pace! I'll look forward to your renewed efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by four1063
          Air Force Award

MEDIA ADVISORY
          United States Air Force

September 7, 2004

Actor and executive producer Richard Dean Anderson of Stargate SG-1 will be recognized at the Air Force Association’s 57th Annual Air Force Anniversary Dinner in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, September 14, 2004. Air Force Chief of Staff, General John P. Jumper, will be on hand to participate in the special recognition.
          <snip>
          In addition to receiving his award from the Air Force Association, Anderson will tour the Pentagon and visit with wounded troops at Walter Reed Hospital
          Thanks loads for that Shortea. I had read about the upcoming award but didn't have the date as to when. I will keep an eye on the news and entertainment shows for some coverage of the event. As for RDA visiting Walter Reed...well that's pretty damn cool as well.

Comment

Here's a couple from a page I had not been to in a very long time.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/...ancSun2000.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/...Msmile044c.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin
              Is that wishfull thinking, Susan?
              Apparently, yes. I've got a list as long as my arm of stuff I have to get done today.

And sadly none of it involves RDA/Mac/Jack.
              Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                If I was going to jump to the front of the line it would be in front of Tame!

Well while I thought it was nice of Siler to let me be ahead of her ....there are quite a few Ladies (ha ha) that have paved the way to this Gutter that deserve to be ahead me.............so I would bow AND Step back gracefully to allow Ruralstar, Mala, Ozgirl and Jacksbabe......Original Thunkers WAY BEFORE ME to go to the head of the line.........so Kliggins if you want to shoulder ahead of those Gals...then you can take it up with them
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokmonster
                  Thanks Mala. And I clicked on the link to my page, and now am faced with the reality that I've not updated in 3 weeks!

I will tell real life to stop interfering with my Jack/RDA/Mac drooling. I promise.
                  ((((((((((((((Susan)))))))))))
                  Well until then I am taking your place in line ...LOL

Silly RL doesn't it know we have priorities....sheesh
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Just dropping in to say "hello," and to add my voice to those saying that Jack is one gorgeous piece of man.

I never much like Macgyver... I think it was the hair...

And actually, when I found out they were making Stargate into a television show, I remember talking to my husband about it. And it was my contention that "Macgyver" could never be the Jack O'Neil(l) that Kurt Russell had been.

It took me about fifteen minutes of CotG to start changing my mind. By the end of it, I was saying that I'd been wrong - there was no way Kurt Russell could have pulled Jack off the way Richard Dean Anderson did, and boy was I glad they hadn't tried to convince him to do it.

Going proudly shallow on the subject of Jack:

I love a man who can go grey and remain sexy. I think deciding to stop dying his hair is probably one of the best things he's ever done.

His smile could melt Antartica - which is probably why they don't let him go there much.

He can wear sunglasses better than anyone - except maybe Will Smith...

Jack O'Neill in his Class A's... oh my. Yum. Yummy yummy yummy. An ugly man in dress blues is sexy - a sexy man in dress blues is hazardous to your health.

*THUNK*
                    ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Well while I thought it was nice of Siler to let me be ahead of her ....there are quite a few Ladies (ha ha) that have paved the way to this Gutter that deserve to be ahead me.............so I would bow AND Step back gracefully to allow Ruralstar, Mala, Ozgirl and Jacksbabe......Original Thunkers WAY BEFORE ME to go to the head of the line.........so Kliggins if you want to shoulder ahead of those Gals...then you can take it up with them
                      Uh I don't know what to say except THUNK you. I try to uphold my duties as one of the old time "keepers of the Thunk" In that vein...

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/.../Pix/SG1-3.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/.../Pix/Sg1-4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                        Just dropping in to say "hello," and to add my voice to those saying that Jack is one gorgeous piece of man.

And actually, when I found out they were making Stargate into a television show, I remember talking to my husband about it. And it was my contention that "Macgyver" could never be the Jack O'Neil(l) that Kurt Russell had been.

It took me about fifteen minutes of CotG to start changing my mind. By the end of it, I was saying that I'd been wrong - there was no way Kurt Russell could have pulled Jack off the way Richard Dean Anderson did, and boy was I glad they hadn't tried to convince him to do it.

I love a man who can go grey and remain sexy. I think deciding to stop dying his hair is probably one of the best things he's ever done.

His smile could melt Antartica - which is probably why they don't let him go there much.

Jack O'Neill in his Class A's... oh my. Yum. Yummy yummy yummy. An ugly man in dress blues is sexy - a sexy man in dress blues is hazardous to your health.

*THUNK*
                        Hi Bri. I'm glad you popped in. Ditto on the shallow notes. I was a Mac fan and the main reason I wanted to watch Stargate was because of RDA. It's always interesting to read other people's reason for watching the show and enjoying the Jack character. And of course you are in the right place for espousing on THE MAN's considerable attributes!

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25

<snip>

*THUNK*
                          I don’t know if the hair coloring was really RDA’s choice at the beginning. He did other roles that had his hair natural. Pandora’s Clock -

Even Mac was showing hints of gray at the temples thru the blond/brown by the end of the series. I like Mac’s ‘mane’ – gives ya something to hang onto while … PG, PG.
                          (gratuitous ‘mane’ shot, just because)

And – as to the effect of a SEXY MAN in Uniform - * slips beneath the drool *
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                            I don’t know if the hair coloring was really RDA’s choice at the beginning. He did other roles that had his hair natural. Pandora’s Clock -
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...yr/AIRLINE.jpg

Even Mac was showing hints of gray at the temples thru the blond/brown by the end of the series. I like Mac’s ‘mane’ – gives ya something to hang onto while … PG, PG.
                            (gratuitous ‘mane’ shot, just because)
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../mac-black.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...neraljack1.jpg
                            You are trying to hurt me, right? Please keep it up! In a word

THUNK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruralstar
                              Uh I don't know what to say except THUNK you. I try to uphold my duties as one of the old time "keepers of the Thunk" In that vein...

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/.../Pix/SG1-3.jpg

http://mitglied.lycos.de/erniepratt/.../Pix/Sg1-4.jpg
                              And doing a dddddddaaaannnngggg GOOD job....that first link

OH MY THUNK!!! definitely upholding your duties I say!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                                Oh yeah. Sexy man in uniform. Makes you wonder what said sexy man is out... of... whoops! PG rating.

Girls, ask your mom.

*THUNK*
                                ~bri~

Comment

Working...
                                X