No announcement yet.

Colonel Chekov/Gary Chalk Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems many people on Gate World hate Chekov - for some odd reason - and very few (including, of course), myself actually like him. In my opinion, Gary Chalk did a great job acting as him.
    Anyway, just wondering how many people like this character and his contributions to the plot . So come in and discuss you favourite Chekov moments . Just think, without him, it would be quite different .
    There was a funny thing he said in the episode with the Russian DHD (I think) but I've forgotten it, so if anyone remembers, tell me, please ! What's funnier is that Jack O'Niell gets really angry as he doesn't understand !

EDIT: Sorry, actually I think it's in the episode with the Russian team and the ziggurat, The Tomb...one of the two

Comment

Russian presence in the series:
      4.01 Small Victories
      4.07 Watergate
      5.08 The Tomb
      5.11 Desperate Measures
      5.14 48 Hours
      6.02 Redemption (Part 2)
      6.16 Metamorphosis
      6.17 Disclosure
      8.03 Lockdown
      8.14 Full Alert
      9.11 The Fourth Horseman (Part 2)
      9.19 Crusade
      9.20 Camelot
      But Chekov from 5.08 The Tomb
      And someone knows what a index at submarine from 4.01? If this is really filmed on a Russian submarine then she have index.
      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post

That's a larger version than the one I will be using. I have a friend who's taking Russian so I asked him how to say "goodbye, my friend"
        Do svidanija (two word) - say only if you plan again to meet. When the meeting is almost impossible say - Prosch'aj.
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I didn't see this thread in a search when I opened my own

Chekov shall return

Comment

Originally posted by Planetary_Alliance View Post
            I never realy like him until he got his ship then he became a cool guy

*BEAM A NUKE ABOARD*
            CHEKOV
            Beam a neutron bomb!

Not aboard you inconsiderate.
            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
              I didn't see this thread in a search when I opened my own

Chekov shall return
              It is impossible. Franchise closed and Chalk is not eternal. But if you dream up. Chekov would be valuable to a real form of Major-General Air Force of Russia (one star) with distinctive signs RSF (Russian Space Force).

Same on this guy
              Last edited by techwork; 23 September 2009, 03:02 AM.
              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

His legacy lives on *teary eyes*
                !

Comment

Gary Chalk has also played Optimus Primal in Beat Wars and does the voice for Prime himself whenever the real Optimus voice from the movies is too busy voicing Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh.
                  Hence Optimus Chekov!

Comment

Gary Chalk has agreed to do an interview on BlogTalk Radio. I'm just finalizing a date for him. It will be in early November. The site is here, if you want to join so you can talk to him live:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/StarTrek
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Chekov View Post
                      Gary Chalk has also played Optimus Primal in Beat Wars and does the voice for Prime himself whenever the real Optimus voice from the movies is too busy voicing Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh.
                      Hence Optimus Chekov!

Hmm... Beast Wars is scary !!!
                      Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                      Gary Chalk has agreed to do an interview on BlogTalk Radio. I'm just finalizing a date for him. It will be in early November. The site is here, if you want to join so you can talk to him live:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/StarTrek
                      Cool !
                      ,,,There needs to be a Checkov smiley

Comment

Garry Chalk will be on BlogTalkRadio live November 1st at 7:00PM Pacific (California or Vancouver) time.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NDBMedi...pha-for-a-chat
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Garry Chalk will be on BlogTalkRadio live November 1st at 7:00PM Pacific (California or Vancouver) time.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NDBMedi...pha-for-a-chat
                          Barbara Bain ??? Ummm Garry is very much changed.
                          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Hey Why nobody likes Russian? We are white and fluffy.
                            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X