Vala Mal Doran/Tomin Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
    It was Quetesh who was killing and I don't believe Vala as herself killed anybody. Actually Tomin wasn't used, it was his choice to do what he's doing. Vala was taken host by force, nobody was forcing Tomin to join the Ori soldiers. Remember how happy he was when the prior healed him in Crusade episode, so he can join the holy crusade?
    I suppose Tomin is going to die saving Vala and perhaps another SG-1 members.
    you're right of course, I was just making a perhaps thin analogy that the Ori's deciets to their people have as strong a grip as a goa'uld posession might.

Even though it was Quetesh, Vala has all those memories and we've seen how that can affect a host after a time. I doubt she feels totally innocent despite what we know of the use of struggle against a posessing goa'uld.

Nobody was 'forcing' Tomin, but put yourself in his place, growing up in the world he grew up in, and you can see how crazy what the Tau'ri and others from the MW galaxy are saying must seem to him. Hard to say he has all the facts and is making a clear rational choice.

Thankfully, there seems to be a very common humanity even in those beings created by the Ori and their descendants to value life, and this seems to be the way to get through to Tomin, despite his obvious brainwashing.

I think he just might have to sacrifice himself in this story to be redeemed, though. I look forward to how it plays out!

Comment

Hey, since "Line in the Sand" I've really been looking for Vala/Tomin vids and I haven't found any. So... have you guys seen any? Are there any songs that would really fit them? I'd love something to do with how they're both trying to save each other.... but I can't find a song yet.

Comment

I don't know about any vids, but (Bounty Spoiler)
        Spoiler:
        we did get a nice and to me unexpected Vala-Tomin 'ship' moment in Bounty.

Comment

Wow, haven't visited this thread in quite a while... glad to see it pop up again!

Spoilers for Line in the Sand and Bounty

Spoiler:
          I loved Tomin and Vala together in LitS, well except for the slapping of the face of course, but they had some pretty nice moments. To me it's easy to see that she still cares greatly for him.

I was also glad to see the mention of him in Bounty.

Love the caps, neb. I would love to see a Vala/Tomin vid! Oh! Just thought of something... if you want to do something about them saving each other, would Nickelback's "Savin' Me" work at all? It was the only thing I could think of off the bat

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Love the caps, neb. I would love to see a Vala/Tomin vid! Oh! Just thought of something... if you want to do something about them saving each other, would Nickelback's "Savin' Me" work at all? It was the only thing I could think of off the bat
            I've thought of that one, but the problem is he's asking to be saved... Vala and Tomin don't want to be saved, they want to save the other... so I'm still thinking about it. thanks

Comment

I like Tomin/Vala but I'm more of a Vala/Daniel shipper. I think Tomin is a sweet and misguided man. If he could be converted from Origin then I'd love to see the relationship grow but I'm afeared it won't happen. I can see him saving Vala and or Daniel in some kind of redemptive last act but I don't see him surviving the series or first movie.

I think he reallys cares and maybe loves Vala and she him but I don't believe either is 'in love' with the other.

I have come across a vid for this pairing at http://community.livejournal.com/sta...ds/144181.html
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                I've thought of that one, but the problem is he's asking to be saved... Vala and Tomin don't want to be saved, they want to save the other... so I'm still thinking about it. thanks
                No problem! Oh yeah, I saw your post in the "rare pairings" thread only after I posted here..oops lol, but no you have a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                  I like Tomin/Vala but I'm more of a Vala/Daniel shipper. I think Tomin is a sweet and misguided man. If he could be converted from Origin then I'd love to see the relationship grow but I'm afeared it won't happen. I can see him saving Vala and or Daniel in some kind of redemptive last act but I don't see him surviving the series or first movie.

I think he reallys cares and maybe loves Vala and she him but I don't believe either is 'in love' with the other.

I have come across a vid for this pairing at http://community.livejournal.com/sta...ds/144181.html
                  I know what you are saying. I like Tomin/Vala too but I'm more of a Cam/Vala shipper (and Tala'c aka Teal'c/Vala for some fun ). I agree, it would be nice to see their relationship grow if he could be converted but for some reason I don't really see that happening, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                    I know what you are saying. I like Tomin/Vala too but I'm more of a Cam/Vala shipper (and Tala'c aka Teal'c/Vala for some fun ). I agree, it would be nice to see their relationship grow if he could be converted but for some reason I don't really see that happening, sadly.
                    I don't see Tomin converting or being granted a divorce. I see him dieing to save Vala and or Daniel. Cam/Vala I can kind of see but Teal'c/Vala? That would be interesting to say the least.
                    sigpic
                    thanks Stef
                    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Me neither.

Well I just find Tala'c fun I always loved the part in Beachhead during the basketball game where Teal'c picked Vala up to make the basket and then she butted him with her hips. And of course there's that certain moment in Uninvited, heheh...

It's a fun place to dip my toes into *grin*

Comment

I'm bringing this thread up because I've seen some spoilers for
                        The Ark of Truth (the first SG1 movies)

Spoiler:
                        Tomin is in it! Stargate Solutions has posted some spoilers for this here
                        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=760
                        Seems like an IOA guy is interrogating Tomin and Vala isn't happy at the way he's being treated.
                        Then Tomin wants to join the team and help them find this Ark of Truth, or whatever it is.

Now I do like Tomin/Vala together but somehow I doubt the writers will give them a happy ending. I just hope they don't kill Tomin off and maybe Vala/Tomin can at least stay in contact even if they aren't going to be together. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, has anyone seen any Vala/Tomin fic around, preferably stories with no D/V involved

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Thanks for that update!
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm happy we'll see him again I was worried seeing as we didn't see him in "Dominion" which is the last Ori episode of the series. They will probably kill him, it just... seems just like the writers to do so.

Comment

I thought you all might be interested to know that the Stargate Fan Awards NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!!!

[Permission to forward]

Attention Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis fans:

It's time once again to bring recognition to the best stories and
                            storytellers, the best artists, and the best vidders in the fandom.
                            Nominations for the 2007 Stargate Fan Awards are now open. They will be open
                            from April 9, 2007 and remain open until May 20, 2007. This includes
                            both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

We've made a few changes to the site. Check us out to see what we've
                            done. You'll be surprised.

http://www.stargatefanawards.com

First of all, sign up for an account! You will need to be registered
                            as an account holder in order to submit nominations and vote. It's
                            easy! Don't try to use an old login account from last year...it won't
                            work.

Once you are registered, browse through our "Site Directory". You can
                            find a link in the top navigation bar. Here, you will find the main
                            portion of the site's content including descriptions and definitions for
                            the 2007 genres, categories, and subcategories. Also, be sure to read
                            over the "Changes for 2007", our rules, and other nominating
                            information.

Don't forget to signup for our newsletter again. Even if you signed up
                            last year, you must sign up again to keep receiving newsletters during
                            2007. We promise to do a better job of issuing newsletters this year!

We've tried to place all important links in our top navigation bar.
                            You'll find links to our 2001-2006 archives, our Live Journal, and
                            others.

Don't forget to add our Live Journal to your "friends' list"!

Start nominating today! You must signup for an account on our site to
                            nominate! Once you do, just click the "Nominate Now!" link in the top
                            navigation bar to view the nomination submission form. You can only
                            put one nomination per form this year but you can nominate as many times
                            as you'd like!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at
                            [email protected]. For technical issues, please contact our
                            webmaster directly at [email protected].

Start nominating the "best of the best" now!

Yours,
                            The 2007 Stargate Fan Awards Team

"Recognizing, celebrating, and enjoying the creativity of the Stargate
                            fandom!"
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

*Image Bump*
                              Line in the Sand
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I like Tomin in the beginning, but now not anymore! He chose Origin instead of Vala, and didn't care too much about her....he allow to take away her baby, he beats her, he left Vala chained to the stone for three days....Cam'on...at least he is coward or he cares his religion too much then Vala! The only one that really cares about Vala is Daniel, in a way or another, like told CB, he is the only true friend that she have and after Unending...
                                Spoiler:
                                we know that they aren't only friend but much more!
                                So, I hope that Tomin could be die in The ark of truth maybe saving Vala to redeem himself...
                                I rarely write post so long because for my not so well english.... so, I am sorry if I don't explain myself well...be patient!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Working...
                                X