This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Ahh well...the gutters connect so we can just slde back and forth....back and forth
    Well I was getting a wee bit dizzy earlier on, but a few cookies and a slurp of my beverage of choice has helped greatly!!
    sigpic

Comment

To Getcarter, Mei Mei and Happy, LOVED the fics!!!
      Tame your new sig cracks me up!!
      Getcarter, you have mail.
      hehe, told the kid she ain't getting the computer untill I go to bed 'cuz it's ship day and I have to be on-line.
      Ship Day!This was such a cool idea!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
        <snip> Well, I only started watching Stargate last summer. My dad actually was into it and he had me sit down and watch it. I guess I just couldn't get into it. But then I saw "Solitudes" And I knew that something was there between these two characters. (Being that I am such a total hopeless romantic) So I did a little research on the Internet and I just got totally hooked. This winter I bought all of the DVD's. (Okay, dad helped me pay for some of them.. ) and I have just been having a fun time getting to know these characters and having a great time watching these awesome stories come to life.

I started posting on the old Delphi Forum last February or so. And it's been fun getting to know some of you..even if I don't post a whole lot, I do read! After getting to know the term "shipper" I realized that I totally fell into that category.
        ~*~Emilee~*~
        I’m like you Emilee… My father had already been watching it for a while before I started catching bits and pieces early last summer. Watched more shows & by fall ’03 – Hooked (which SciFi's heavy rotation U.S. East Coast schedule made very easy to do). I didn't go seeking/finding SG on-line fandom 'til 3/04 when I was off at a month long training where (baddddd for them) they had a not so entertaining trainer & Internet access…. (good for me) So….. was blissfully spoiler free for a long while….

W/the weird order I saw the shows on SciFi it took a bit for the Ship to register to me (I think I must’ve been catching all the non-shippy eps & I can’t tell which exact one episode turned the light bulb on. Now that I have the S1-S6 DVD’s I’ll have to do some research….. I’d picked up immediately on their deep friendship & mutual respect & trust & admiration. And a little subtle flirtation. Then some S4 shows reran…. & the light bulb blew up! Like I said a lonnnnngggg time ago, by that time it was like having 2 good friends of yours finally realizing they were in more than just deep like & it wasn't just UST or infatuation.

Just hope these 2 good friends can get together before it's too late!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          1.19 There but for the Grace of God

Awwwwww!! so sweet I love that pic. Didn't somebody once say that he said I love you during that scene? I tried it out but couldn't hear it.

Comment

Ahh well...the gutters connect so we can just slde back and forth....back and forth
            Of course my entrances to the gutter always seem to be a little bumpy!!!! Must be from all the people in the gutter already!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
              SG1happy - that was a GREAT story!!!! Please tell me you are going to have a sequel!!!

Speaking of sequels...I can't find MeiMei's post. Gotta read, gotta read!!!
              It's in my sig! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                To Getcarter, Mei Mei and Happy, LOVED the fics!!!
                Tame your new sig cracks me up!!
                Getcarter, you have mail.
                hehe, told the kid she ain't getting the computer untill I go to bed 'cuz it's ship day and I have to be on-line.
                Ship Day!This was such a cool idea!!

waterfall
                Okee dokee. I'll log in now.

Yeah, I threw in chicken fingers and tater tots for dinner cause I couldn't cook on ship day!! Been on the computer since 5:00!! I even snuck on during work - ooooooooo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                  It's in my sig! Have fun!
                  Oh, I found it alright.....HOT!!!!!

Comment

Well I am glad you shared your story Happy!!!! and I will be waiting to hear about the MASH finale as well

I think your end Quote says it all about this Shipper Family!!!!!!
                    Can I keep that Quote for the Start of Thread 13 ???

Even if I am not the one who starts its I would like to make sure it gets added to our Shipper History

Of course you can use the quote. Wow, I'm blushing again. Can I get a credit line or something?

The MASH story is like this: My dad and I were big Mash fans. When the finale came on, I was in another city at a photography conference. I skipped the big banquet to stay in my hotel room and watch the show. (Gee, why does that sound familar?) At the end, I thought, I wonder what my dad thinks of that? I had many mixed feelings about that episode, so I wondered...well, I decided to wait and do long distance charges from my home phone in a day or two.

By the time a day or two passed, my dad had died of a heart attack. He was 47. I was 25. I'm 47 now, so it feels weird.

The big lesson I learned came from what happened a few weeks earlier. DH and I had been to visit my parents. My parents had to be gone for the day. DH and I got some sort of itch to head on home (two hours away) So, we LEFT A NOTE AND HEADED HOME. I didn't say good-bye and give my dad a hug. I never saw him again alive.

Lessons:
                    When you have an urge to call someone, do it.
                    Always hug people good bye. It might be the last time.

This is one of the reasons, I think a RL Sam and Jack would have gotten together by now...some lessons (Janet's death) you learn hard.

So everyone, go hug someone you love NOW!!!!!!!
                    Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      October?! Can we still go into Delphi and research old threads? We should figure this out so we get it right next year.

Or we could just celebrate again! Seasonal ship days: one for the summer, fall, winter and spring!

ship sistah

p.s. great cookie!
                      Ship Sistah,
                      I am asking the same question ...did we have premature Ship Day ??/ LOL
                      But this actual date was part of the information brought over from Delphi I thought so I am inclined to think it was done then too.

So I think the best thing we can do is ask that this day be added to the GW calendar if possible and celebrate it on this date each year.

So that way any of us thatmay not be can pass on this legacy.
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                        Its great Usually when vids have Pete or Laira*cringes* in them I can't bear to watch them but that one I can cause it is about Sam not being impressed and not liking him so that I can put up with

Anyway, I HAVE got to go to bed now so i will try to wake up before 5 so I can see if we made it too 1000 posts but I can't promise anything...

Have a great 5 more hours of ship day!!!!!
                        Have fun, drink lots and stuff your faces with cookies!!! All diets can be forgotten today its ship day!!
                        Sam

I didn't forget your request for a "toned down" version of my fics. I just need to get a couple of parental units to check and see if it's toned down enough for a 15 year old. Having only four legged children, I don't trust myself on ratings. I need someone that actually has kids to read it (uh, Tame, are you listening?)! I will get them finished this week and post them to my website.

Comment

My mind just went SOOOOOOOOOOOO far into the gutter with that one.
                          Tasha
                          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
                            Of course you can use the quote. Wow, I'm blushing again. Can I get a credit line or something?

The MASH story is like this: My dad and I were big Mash fans. When the finale came on, I was in another city at a photography conference. I skipped the big banquet to stay in my hotel room and watch the show. (Gee, why does that sound familar?) At the end, I thought, I wonder what my dad thinks of that? I had many mixed feelings about that episode, so I wondered...well, I decided to wait and do long distance charges from my home phone in a day or two.

By the time a day or two passed, my dad had died of a heart attack. He was 47. I was 25. I'm 47 now, so it feels weird.

The big lesson I learned came from what happened a few weeks earlier. DH and I had been to visit my parents. My parents had to be gone for the day. DH and I got some sort of itch to head on home (two hours away) So, we LEFT A NOTE AND HEADED HOME. I didn't say good-bye and give my dad a hug. I never saw him again alive.

Lessons:
                            When you have an urge to call someone, do it.
                            Always hug people good bye. It might be the last time.

This is one of the reasons, I think a RL Sam and Jack would have gotten together by now...some lessons (Janet's death) you learn hard.

So everyone, go hug someone you love NOW!!!!!!!
                            *wipes away tears*

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SG1Happy)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Oh, SG1Happy that is so sad... and so true. When my grandfather passed away two weeks ago we were lucky enough to be able to spend time with him and let him know how much we loved him. We don't tell our loved ones enough until it's too late sometimes.

Comment

SHIPPER TOWN DIALECT MANUAL FOR VISITORS

Shipanzee: attraction at the Shipper Zoo
                                Shipmunk: common mammal in The Happy Place Park
                                Shipping sparrow: common bird in same place
                                Ship: farm animal used to keep grass short in the park
                                German Shipherd, Australian Shipherd, Old English Ship Dog: popular
                                pets in Shipper Town (Jack likes the second one)
                                Shipel: where Sam and Jack will get married
                                Shiplain: who will marry them
                                Shipeau: what best man Teal'c will wear to cover his gold tattoo
                                Shipish: how best man Daniel will feel when sneezes during the vows
                                Shipped beef on toast: popular lowcost lunch at the Shipper Sipper
                                Grill (Jack calls it S on S and refuses to order it)
                                Shiptalk: common conversation over the above lunch
                                Shippatty: favorite Indian item on the menu
                                Shipin: Sam's favorite composer
                                Shippendale: Sam's favorite furniture style
                                Shippendales: will perform at the bachelorette party (Teal'c and
                                Daniel will infiltrate the group and be the hits of the party. Sam
                                will be glad Jack didn't do that--she wants all of him for her eyes
                                only)
                                Shipskin: what all Shippers will receive after this day--they've earned
                                it!

HAPPY SHIPPING!!

Comment

Working...
                                X