Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, folks, this is quite a thread! The opening post was just beautiful, Tame! I've already ooh'd and ahhh'd over the map of Shipper Town and the amazing poem by ShimmeringStar. I'll take a look at the videos and fic later. I've poked around through some of the historical posts - wow! I've been working on a fic of my own, which has cut down on my presence lately. But I'll have to work really hard to try and keep up with you all...in the morning! Happy Shipper Day to you all, and to all a good night!
    Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      I figured it was a play on words.... Tame's anything but tame!
      LOL....THAT was just an added bonus!!!!!!

I swear I am going to bed NOW!!!! really I am.....really
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

NOTE: Because the Shipper family is so productive, so creative, so Shipper-fantastic & always willing to share this with everyone else - here are s'more treasures culled from my archeological expeditions back through the GW Forum's S/J Shipper Threads 1 -12:

Introducing the ABC’s of Ship, which was a fun exercise for Shippers:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=937
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=938
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=939
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=965
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
          Happy Ship Day Shipper Family!!!!! ((((shipper family)))

in honor of ship day, I asked everyone to share their story of how they discovered Sam and Jack ship.
          Okay, here's mine--

While I've watched Stargate from the beginning, I think shipping came on gradually for me. I think I always saw the chemistry there but when we had the admission in Divide and Conquer, I think I nearly FAINTED!!! I remember being quite shocked and I was like "WHOA!! How could I have missed THAT" (Okay, so sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees). After that, it all made sense and watching repeats of the earlier seasons cinched it for me!

And now that you're all bored to tears, back to your regularly schedule shipping!
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Thanks, Tame for announcing that! She volunteered to do the honors while I was off seeing "The Bourne Supremacy" (which was REALLY good btw!).

What Tame didn't tell you was that it was a collaborative effort! She and I sat on the phone for a few hours making this (and she couldn't see the results until the end). So, THANK YOU, TAME!!!!!!

This is the FIRST vid for the day so check later on in the day for more...and

HAPPY SHIP DAY EVERYONE!!!
            You both did a WONDERFUL job!!!

Token ~

Comment

NOTE: Because the Shipper family is so productive, so creative, so Shipper-fantastic & always willing to share this with everyone else - here are s'more treasures culled from my archeological expeditions back through the GW Forum's S/J Shipper Threads 1 -12:

For anyone who has missed it there was Token’s construction of ShipperTown in T11, so beautifully illustrated by Mala in this Thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=115
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=188
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=250
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                LOL...I finally told them because I have been shamelessly promoting it...
                You have every right too! It was FABULOUS!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                  Yeah...but whereever did she get the idea that we fight over Rick? Hmmmm.....
                  I can't imagine where she got that idea. We never fight over Rick, just um want to admire his attributes enthusiastically at the same time.

To be honest, I was flabbergasted to see my name there at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here Marimba observed how little time S/J have really kissed:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=994

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      Here's Sacme’s Shipper Show Viewing Checklist (for the premiere, but it holds true for any show):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=392
                      ShimmeringStar - Thanks for sharing that! I must have missed it when I was away on vacation.

Sacme - terrific post and so clever! Your hard drive folders must be as weird as mine! Except that yours are full of smilies, while mine are full of...Mr. Potatohead?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        You have every right too! It was FABULOUS!!
                        Marimba does a good job....I was just a voice on the phone!!!!!

But Thank you
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                          wha? me 'play with pix?? you must be kidding!

no, it's from a screencap from Region 2 DVD Vol. 35 - RDA Beyond the Gate

and so are these (outtakes, I suppose?):

[SIZE=5]Mala, you are WONDERFUL!!! *Just in case I haven't said that today* That map is AWESOME!!!![/SIZE]

BTW, are these pics from Beyond the Gate too? I've seen it but I must have only seen a clip! What is being said/done here? And that IS AT, right?
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Well... at 2 a.m. I'm outta here.... so I need to see what I can do in 10 more minutes!
                            That's when the pumpkin turns back into a coach.... errr... the coach to a pumpkin!
                            Gotta get some sleep before I get up in oh... say... 3 hours! (& my boss is in late tomorrow {uh today!}, possibly not in the whole day... so I'll be "it" & don't want everyone to catch me dozing.... )
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 27 July 2004, 10:00 PM. Reason: to add an &

Comment

I am NEVER going to bed...I should just admit that ..........you guys are so funny AND TALENTED!!!!!

Sam & JAck would be together if we could just get TPTB over here

Comment

Goodnight and Sleep tight; don't let RDA bite! Unless you want him too!

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X