Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I'm thinking that I'll be a lot happier with Continuum too. While I didn't really like S10 very much at all, I think I liked the eps where Daniel was absent a lot better. It was good to see Vala interact with the others for a bit - especially Cam and Teal'c. For me the way Daniel and Vala were always joined at the hip got old.

I'm not sure what part Daniel has in the whole thing...unless they're trying to say that both he and Vala led the Ori to discover Earth in the first place back in S9 or something, and he's interacted with Adria too. I have no idea. But I remember MS doing an interview here at at one point he'd said something like "Daniel gets to be there for her - for Vala" so it sounds like there'll be some heavy D/V things in it, like Daniel saying "I know what you're going through," bla bla blah. Which, yeah, I guess I can expect since he's always been pretty sympathetic to his friends (well except Sam in Company of Thieves and Unending ). But I'm thinking it'll be overkill. And Tomin is supposed to be in the movie too. I guess they'll have to kill him off, sadly.

Oh, and I just read something that kind of made me cringe. It's a con report from the Chicago con and there were tons of D/V shippers there apparently who asked MS if they have any hope for the movie. He said something like yes and no, there's glimpses, and hope... and if there's going to be a wedding ceremony and direct physical contact... "maybe."

I guess he could've been kidding, but after Unending and the fact that Ark of Truth is RCC's movie... I'm totally sitting that one out.

You know, I'm the same way with my ship. If they'd given an episode or movie a ton of S/D ship at the expense of the teamness, I wouldn't be completely happy either. It's more fun for me to pick out the subtext and make of it whatever I want, but when two characters are forced together and are together for like 99% of the time like Daniel and Vala, it bugs me. I've loved the team dynamic since the very beginning, and it makes me sad that they've lost it in S9 and 10.

Comment

I've never understood this supposed "chemistry" D/V are supposed to have. And even if I did, it still would have thrown the balance of the show out of whack.
      D/V and the Bori--the two worst things to ever happen to Stargate.

Comment

Hey Nikki, I'm hoping that Vala/Tomin get their happy ending as well. I would hope that since Tomin is there, there can't be a lot of room for D/V, at least for things that I'm sure many D/V shippers are hoping for. I'm hoping that Tomin doesn't get killed off. I'd like to see some sweet scenes between him and Vala.

I'm definitely going to get some opinions I can trust on the movie before attempting to watch it. I'm a lot more optimistic about Continuum. I remember what Claudia said about it, something to the effect that the "Vala haters" should like it. Not that I'm a Vala hater, but I like her a lot better when she's not constantly attached to Daniel. It does sound more like classic SG-1, and I'm hoping we do get to see some more familiar faces in it as well.

Someone had also said that Ark of Truth is going to wrap up the storyline that they would have totally featured in S11, if there had been a S11. I'm almost glad that there wasn't a S11 because I probably wouldn't have watched, as blasphemous as that sounds. Really not an Ori fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I've never understood this supposed "chemistry" D/V are supposed to have. And even if I did, it still would have thrown the balance of the show out of whack.
          That's what I was thinking all through out seasons 9/10 and even now...what chemistry!?!? I saw a little chemistry between Cam/Vala but never in 100 years between D/V...when I heard that people shipped them...I was like "huh?"...it just didn't make sense. And this coming from someone whose a serial shipper...in Stargate alone I ship obsessively, , and not mention see chemistry between /Janet and ...and for the life of me I couldn't/can't this 'thing' between D/V...seriously, what chemistry?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            That's what I was thinking all through out seasons 9/10 and even now...what chemistry!?!? I saw a little chemistry between Cam/Vala but never in 100 years between D/V...when I heard that people shipped them...I was like "huh?"...it just didn't make sense. And this coming from someone whose a serial shipper...in Stargate alone I ship obsessively, , and not mention see chemistry between /Janet and ...and for the life of me I couldn't/can't this 'thing' between D/V...seriously, what chemistry?
            I agree with you guys. I mean, a few days after Prometheus Unbound aired, I saw a D/V ship website start up and I thought "huh?" If there was actual chemistry I thought it was one-sided, meaning Vala going after Daniel. But I wasn't even sure she was sincere in that, that she liked to tease him and eventually thought of him as a friend, but nothing more than that. I guess that's part of why "that scene" in Unending threw me.

Like Nikki I saw more chemistry between Vala and Cam, as well as Vala and Teal'c (and Vala and Tomin). Maybe I'm not into relationships where people constantly bicker, snipe and belittle each other, and act like children (not to belittle D/V shippers of course, just saying where I'm coming from).

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              Hey Nikki, I'm hoping that Vala/Tomin get their happy ending as well. I would hope that since Tomin is there, there can't be a lot of room for D/V, at least for things that I'm sure many D/V shippers are hoping for. I'm hoping that Tomin doesn't get killed off. I'd like to see some sweet scenes between him and Vala.

I'm definitely going to get some opinions I can trust on the movie before attempting to watch it. I'm a lot more optimistic about Continuum. I remember what Claudia said about it, something to the effect that the "Vala haters" should like it. Not that I'm a Vala hater, but I like her a lot better when she's not constantly attached to Daniel. It does sound more like classic SG-1, and I'm hoping we do get to see some more familiar faces in it as well.

Someone had also said that Ark of Truth is going to wrap up the storyline that they would have totally featured in S11, if there had been a S11. I'm almost glad that there wasn't a S11 because I probably wouldn't have watched, as blasphemous as that sounds. Really not an Ori fan.
              Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that once has fallen for something has to finish it. I hated season 9 and disliked 10 but watched both (if only once) because of the amazing first 8 seasons. I will be watching the first movie (not to say that I will be buying it ) and will definitely tell you if its worth the time and effort but will definitely be buying and watching the second.

And I feel bad for Claudia Black...she had to play a character with so much potential that went unnoticed and was always on the arm of a male character to boost his popularity. The fact that she now has 'Vala-haters' is very upsetting and I hope CB doesn't take it too personally. CB is a brilliant actress, I loved her as Aeryn in Farscape as well as Ben Browder as Crichton...both were amazing and it was sad to see their talents wasted with Cam/Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that once has fallen for something has to finish it. I hated season 9 and disliked 10 but watched both (if only once) because of the amazing first 8 seasons. I will be watching the first movie (not to say that I will be buying it ) and will definitely tell you if its worth the time and effort but will definitely be buying and watching the second.

And I feel bad for Claudia Black...she had to play a character with so much potential that went unnoticed and was always on the arm of a male character to boost his popularity. The fact that she now has 'Vala-haters' is very upsetting and I hope CB doesn't take it too personally. CB is a brilliant actress, I loved her as Aeryn in Farscape as well as Ben Browder as Crichton...both were amazing and it was sad to see their talents wasted with Cam/Vala.
                I love Claudia Black, and Vala for that matter...but I just don't like her with Daniel!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                  I love Claudia Black, and Vala for that matter...but I just don't like her with Daniel!
                  Indeed, I agree. I love Claudia Black and like Vala but hate her with Daniel.

Comment

I agree... I do feel bad for Claudia. I think she did as well as she could with the material she was given. I loved her as Aeryn and like you guys I like Vala but not so much with Daniel.

Comment

I think TPTB may have confused MS' & CB's enjoyment working with each other for chemistry between the *characters.*

Comment

Vala had great potential. It was wasted with bad writing.

I feel that most of the "Vala Haters" do like CB very much. I find I dislike Vala even more because I have always admired the work CB has done in the past and I know that Vala--is far beneath her abilities.

Vala to me is like a bad party dress. I don't hate CB for having to wear a bad dress...just the dress. I give CB even more credit for being able to wear that bad dress in public with a smile on her face even though--she knows the dress isn't that good too!

Vala is the embodiment of a bridesmaid's nightmare dress. Flashy, flamboyant, too tight under the armpit, too loose from the waist down, requires high maintenance, is tacky, cost a lot of cash and really out of place.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think TPTB may have confused MS' & CB's enjoyment working with each other for chemistry between the *characters.*
                          Yeah, I've often thought that myself. I remember that MS had said at a con in 2004 how much he loved working with CB in PU and "you know, the door is still open for her to come back so I'd love to have her back," or some words to that effect. He's also gushed about working with her in that blog he had on the TV Guide site and in a few other spots. Nice that they enjoy working together, but I don't see that translating into chemistry between the characters.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          Vala had great potential. It was wasted with bad writing.

I feel that most of the "Vala Haters" do like CB very much. I find I dislike Vala even more because I have always admired the work CB has done in the past and I know that Vala--is far beneath her abilities.

Vala to me is like a bad party dress. I don't hate CB for having to wear a bad dress...just the dress. I give CB even more credit for being able to wear that bad dress in public with a smile on her face even though--she knows the dress isn't that good too!

Vala is the embodiment of a bridesmaid's nightmare dress. Flashy, flamboyant, too tight under the armpit, too loose from the waist down, requires high maintenance, is tacky, cost a lot of cash and really out of place.
                          Cool analogy, Jackie

Comment

Working...
                          X