I especially like the 3rd one...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
      From stargatesg1971.com...
      snipped to save bandwidth
      I especially like the 3rd one...
      So do I, such an old married couple!

I do wish TPTB would release the outtakes from the wedding in 200, but I doubt RDA would let them, particularly after saying they did the Brokeback takes just for 'them'. Them being the cast and crew.

Back from Worldcon in Montreal, tired and with no Hugo.

But had a splendid time anyway, including hobnobbing with the Pros at the Hugo parties, attending many bid parties, having my kaffeeklatch enriched by the addition of Stroh (Austrian rum), drinking our own body weight in real ale and taking Paul Cornell out for sushi.

We produced the con Newsletter, you can download PDF's here - http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/Newsletter

Went to bed at 3am and up at 9am today, trying to beat my bio-rhythms into submission!

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        So do I, such an old married couple!

I do wish TPTB would release the outtakes from the wedding in 200, but I doubt RDA would let them, particularly after saying they did the Brokeback takes just for 'them'. Them being the cast and crew.

Back from Worldcon in Montreal, tired and with no Hugo.

But had a splendid time anyway, including hobnobbing with the Pros at the Hugo parties, attending many bid parties, having my kaffeeklatch enriched by the addition of Stroh (Austrian rum), drinking our own body weight in real ale and taking Paul Cornell out for sushi.

We produced the con Newsletter, you can download PDF's here - http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/Newsletter

Went to bed at 3am and up at 9am today, trying to beat my bio-rhythms into submission!

FF
        Brokeback takes? I don't know that story, could someone tell me???

And just because it's beautiful and wonderful...

sigpic

Comment

Brokeback takes? I don't know that story, could someone tell me???

And just because it's beautiful and wonderful...

From the US TV Guide online August 2006 -

Anderson goes off to rehearse the big wedding scene. Sam (Amanda Tapping) is the bride, and Daniel (Michael Shanks) is the best man. No doubt saluting the fans who want Jack and Daniel to hook up, they do a couple of "Brokeback" takes. In one, Richard takes the bouquet out of Amanda's hands and gives it to Michael. In another, Richard takes Michael's hand at the altar, which causes the assembled cast and crew to erupt in applause. (You'll just have to watch to see what ends up on air.)

TV Guide: That was cute, the hand-holding with Michael.
          Anderson: [Laughs] Over the years, it's been alluded to, so we did that just for us.

TV Guide: Should Jack and Sam wind up together at the end of the series?
          Anderson: I know it's a pressing issue for the fans, but luckily we've been able to justify not just doing it for doing-it's sake. There's always been something that's kept us apart, obviously. But I don't know whether there should be an allusion to it at the end, whenever the series goes its merry way.

I love that they did it 'just for them' and that the cast and crew all applauded. It's why Amanda is giggling in some of the 200 wedding photos.

I'll email you the whole article, but will have to be tonight as I am off to work now.

Needless to say, we'd all love to see those outtakes!

FF
          sigpic

Comment

From the US TV Guide online August 2006 -

I love that they did it 'just for them' and that the cast and crew all applauded. It's why Amanda is giggling in some of the 200 wedding photos.

I'll email you the whole article, but will have to be tonight as I am off to work now.

Needless to say, we'd all love to see those outtakes!

FF
            Oh my, that's great! Thanks so much for this FF, made my day! I'd luuuuve to see those outtakes, it's so cool that they can handle this 'slash-thing' in this funny, cute way.

sigpic

Comment

Oh my, that's great! Thanks so much for this FF, made my day! I'd luuuuve to see those outtakes, it's so cool that they can handle this 'slash-thing' in this funny, cute way.
              I thought it charming and sweet and funny and it was quite clear that RDA and the cast and crew didn't have any 'problems' with fan's slashing the characters.

Here's the original article.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/Richard-...son-39758.aspx

FF
              Last edited by Frostfox; 21 August 2009, 12:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I thought it charming and sweet and funny and it was quite clear that RDA and the cast and crew didn't have any 'problems' with fan's slashing the characters.

Here's the original article.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/Richard-...son-39758.aspx

FF
                It's just great in my opinion.

Thanks for the link!!

sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful article...bless him....thanks for the link!

Kriss
                  sigpic

Comment

*sighs*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dankriss View Post
                      What a beautiful article...bless him....thanks for the link!

Kriss
                      He seems like a really nice chap.

Though I thought it rather strange, he thought he was coming back to SG1 for five episodes, only to find out three of the five would be Atlantis. You would have thought TPTB would have been honest with him from the start and would have told him which show he was to be in

Still, we got him for The Shroud; Daniel disappears and he's in like a shot. Didn't do that when anyone else went missing! Shows that Jack, at least, has his priorities straight.

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

He seems like a really nice chap.

Though I thought it rather strange, he thought he was coming back to SG1 for five episodes, only to find out three of the five would be Atlantis. You would have thought TPTB would have been honest with him from the start and would have told him which show he was to be in

Still, we got him for The Shroud; Daniel disappears and he's in like a shot. Didn't do that when anyone else went missing! Shows that Jack, at least, has his priorities straight.

FF
                        Well you know Rick...can't even remember things he said 5 mins ago...LOL...so they probably did he just forgot...LOL

Kriss
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, wibble. You know what that promo does to me!

Originally posted by Dankriss View Post
                          Well you know Rick...can't even remember things he said 5 mins ago...LOL...so they probably did he just forgot...LOL

Kriss
                          Laughs! Quite possibly! I don't think there was any malicious intent. And at least Jack was back in SG1 for the important stuff; Daniel in trouble.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

*points upthread*

You're right FF. The actors have never had a problem with slash. Certain sections of fandom seem to have more of an issue ... can't imagine why.

Also ... would you post the TV Guide comment from RDA about whether Jack and Sam should get together in the end in the other thread? Interesting discussion fodder, methinks.

Comment

Oh, wibble. You know what that promo does to me!
                              Heehee, that's the best J & D promo pic everm that's for sure! I mean even the ppl who doesn't like slash or can't see anything between them, even they have to see, cause it's there, they stadning there, soooo close to each other... it's almost an NC-17 image! Especially when you zoom, and you can see some... certain areas , which are really, really close to each other.

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                              *points upthread*

You're right FF. The actors have never had a problem with slash. Certain sections of fandom seem to have more of an issue ... can't imagine why.
                              LOL Which one?

sigpic

Comment

Hello! newbie to the forum here! Thanks to Dankriss for pointing the way. She said I should share a new wallpaper I made here :0 Hope you like it

Comment

Working...
                                X