The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
    I reckon we must be of a similar age Frostfox. I fell totally in love with the S&H relationship and I couldn't fathom out why (other than I thought both were gorgeous and hence plastered them all over my bedroom walls.)
    It took years, and lots of other buddy shows, for me to realise that it was the mm friendship that was the hook.
    I loved The Champions (orange make-up notwithstanding) Simon and Simon and my much-loved, never-taped and never-seen-again The Quest ... brothers/budddies, there was a definite theme developing here!
    Invest in the S&H DVDs ... most eps have stood the test of time pretty well. Some eps were ground-breaking (especially the one where they had to find the killers of their gay cop buddy). Some eps clearly haven't ... but that can be said of just about any show.
    Anyway. Love live the buddy show
    And J/D is by far the most interesting, believable, complex and loving friendship I've come across anywhere on TV. And I love it to bits!
    Sandra
    I was born in '63. A very good year.

Before falling into J/D I was into O'Brien/Bashir on DS9, a facinating relationship which grew over 7 years between a solid family man and an arrogant young genius. It helped that they had a pair of fabulous actors, the multiple award winning Colm Meaney and the delicious Alexander Siddig (who has gone on to work with directors such as Ridley Scott and is now in the new season of 24 and also looks to be going far).
    They developed the friendship very slowly, two men from different social backgrounds who didn't think much of each other to start with and grew into deep bonds and had a lot of fun along the way.
    DS9 spoiler
    Spoiler:
    leading to a fabulous scene near the end of the series where they thought they were dying and the older, working class Irish O'Brien finally admits that while he loves his wife but he likes his young friend more. The thunk of the slashers fainting could be heard across the world

Jack and Daniel, another rich, complicated relationship. I don't think Jack, who isn't very self analytical, understands it, I think Daniel understands it a bit more (but they are both men, one can only expect so much) but they know on a gut level that they can rely on each other and that they love each other (however one wishes to interprete that love).
    But then, the link between Sam/Daniel/Jack/Teal'c is so intense, so close, it's wonderful to behold.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

I did us a little doodle at work today for us.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

hahahaha!!!! that's beautimus ff
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey all
          I started a couple of games in the fun and games section of gateworld forum check them out
          this is the ship one.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40347
          this is the men of Stargate
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51#post6291251
          I made a women one
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40346
          I made a slasher one too
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40348
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

spoilers for the shroud

Spoiler:
            when i watched this (and re-watched it several times! *snort*) i kept getting the feeling that MS and RDA must have said something to each other like, "Y'know sod it! It's the last time jack and Daniel are on screen together. Lets give slashers what they want!" I got that feeling because the episode was extremely camp especially the "Hellooooooo, Merrr-liiin!!!" bit and the "trusting you!" Bit and, of course, the hair ruffling scene! At one point, while watching it, i even said, "jack, could you get any gayer?!" *snickers*

If there was ever a book on the most slashy j/d episodes, i have a feeling that "The Shroud" would re-arrange the top ten!! LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, a quick reply covering various things, and since I haven't figured out how to multi-quote, I'm doing it the old-fashioned way.
              Frostfox: 63 was a good year. 61 was also a very good year Oh dear. I think I'm definitely heading for the Home for Retired but Still very Naughty Slashers faster than just about anyone else around these parts.
              The DS9 relationship sounds VERY interesting. I may have to investigate further!
              And I agree that Daniel does understand their relationship a little better than Jack, although there are times when both are utterly cluless and pigheaded, and it's all a matter of degree. I'm really drawn to their edgy relationship; it fuels the fic writer in me. And, like you, slash is my projection. And it simply can't exist, for me, without the core of friendship.
              Oh and I adore the drawing! Is Daniel reading "The Purrr-fect way to keep Your General Happy"?
              MeiMei: a very belated but nevertheless sincerely meant happy birthday!
              jdjunkie, who is off to watch Bounty but just has to say
              Spoiler:
              Hair ruffle
              before running off

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                spoilers for the shroud

Spoiler:
                when i watched this (and re-watched it several times! *snort*) i kept getting the feeling that MS and RDA must have said something to each other like, "Y'know sod it! It's the last time jack and Daniel are on screen together. Lets give slashers what they want!" I got that feeling because the episode was extremely camp especially the "Hellooooooo, Merrr-liiin!!!" bit and the "trusting you!" Bit and, of course, the hair ruffling scene! At one point, while watching it, i even said, "jack, could you get any gayer?!" *snickers*

If there was ever a book on the most slashy j/d episodes, i have a feeling that "The Shroud" would re-arrange the top ten!! LOL!

Not to mention the part

Spoiler:
                On the Odyssey after the classic "Jack" "Daniel" greeting when Jack says "Yup just like old times" and the immediate affectionate look of love that Daniel gave Jack that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                  Okay, a quick reply covering various things, and since I haven't figured out how to multi-quote, I'm doing it the old-fashioned way.
                  Frostfox: 63 was a good year. 61 was also a very good year Oh dear. I think I'm definitely heading for the Home for Retired but Still very Naughty Slashers faster than just about anyone else around these parts.
                  The DS9 relationship sounds VERY interesting. I may have to investigate further!
                  And I agree that Daniel does understand their relationship a little better than Jack, although there are times when both are utterly cluless and pigheaded, and it's all a matter of degree. I'm really drawn to their edgy relationship; it fuels the fic writer in me. And, like you, slash is my projection. And it simply can't exist, for me, without the core of friendship.
                  Oh and I adore the drawing! Is Daniel reading "The Purrr-fect way to keep Your General Happy"?
                  MeiMei: a very belated but nevertheless sincerely meant happy birthday!
                  jdjunkie, who is off to watch Bounty but just has to say
                  Spoiler:
                  Hair ruffle
                  before running off
                  63? 61? Well, crap. I'm older. Not by much. But definately older. And I'm having a definate meltdown this week. And I know I'm headed for the Home for Retired but Still very Naughty Slashers!

I bought myself the first season of Queer As Folk (American version) as a birthday pressie. It arrived yesterday. I'm hooked. And I'm getting no writing done this week because I can't stop watching it!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                    63? 61? Well, crap. I'm older. Not by much. But definately older. And I'm having a definate meltdown this week. And I know I'm headed for the Home for Retired but Still very Naughty Slashers!

I bought myself the first season of Queer As Folk (American version) as a birthday pressie. It arrived yesterday. I'm hooked. And I'm getting no writing done this week because I can't stop watching it!
                    Yay!! for Queer as Folk!! LOVE that show. Brian so rivals Daniel in the scale of hotness.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                      I did us a little doodle at work today for us.

FF

Hee hee.......that's brilliant FF!......aww....gives me a bad dose of the "warm fuzzies"...which with this frost here this morning I need it!......brrrrrr!.....

Quick spoiler for "Bounty".......

Spoiler:
                      Or as I alternatively titled it on my Live Journal review -

Romy & Michelle do Grosse Pointe Blank at National Lampoon's Stargate Reunion

Phwooooarrrr!.....Our boy looked HOT!!!!....

He obviously spent the weekend with Jack before heading off to do his research at the museum, he was in his "Seriously Sexy Civvies" last night .... .....once Photobucket decides to finish it's maintenance I'll upload a couple of caps I snurched from someone at Our Stargate.....

Deeds xx
                      Last edited by discodiva; 07 February 2007, 12:48 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

As promised a couple of Bounty pics......

Jack really shouldn't let him out dressed like this you know....asking for trouble....

Spoiler:

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

And more.....

Spoiler:

Neck....now where's that meimei?...

Mmmm....that t-shirt looks like a nice soft one....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            As promised a couple of Bounty pics......

Jack really shouldn't let him out dressed like this you know....asking for trouble....

Spoiler:

Deeds xx
                            He looks fantastic in that top pic. What a bod! Absolutely edible. You're quick off the mark with the caps BTW.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                              He looks fantastic in that top pic. What a bod! Absolutely edible. You're quick off the mark with the caps BTW.

Yep I think Daniel (and MS) really has reached the peak of his "hotness" this season.....he's been looking mighty fine throughout imho....

Caps aren't mine sadly....my Paint Shop Pro is playing really silly beggars with me at the moment so I shall have to uninstall it and get my personal computer guy (husband ) to re-load it and tweak it.....someone on the Our Stargate forum had these so I grabbed a couple with grateful thanks....

Deeds xx
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                                Quick spoiler for "Bounty".......

Spoiler:
                                Or as I alternatively titled it on my Live Journal review -

Romy & Michelle do Grosse Pointe Blank at National Lampoon's Stargate Reunion

Phwooooarrrr!.....Our boy looked HOT!!!!....

He obviously spent the weekend with Jack before heading off to do his research at the museum, he was in his "Seriously Sexy Civvies" last night .... .....once Photobucket decides to finish it's maintenance I'll upload a couple of caps I snurched from someone at Our Stargate.....

Deeds xx

Couldn't agree more

regarding Bounty

Spoiler:
                                I think he had been spending some quality alone time with Jack before this ep, maybe one reason he is looking so hot, and doesn't that jacket belong to Jack lol

You might remember a certain interview MS did a few back when he talked about there being a question mark over Daniel's sexuality following what happened in this ep and apparently JM said it made him a gay icon.
                                OK I know, not to be taken seriously, but still, was I the only one
                                thinking that whole museum scene was a bit gay? I mean the way he was dressed, the way he turned down that girl, oh I know Daniel's not going to just go off and sleep with some woman even if you assume he's straight.
                                Perhaps after the Shroud I am just thinking too many slashy thoughts

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X