This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
    well in my humble opinion and i am spoiler spacing this so that only people who are interested may read:
    Spoiler:
    they may be scared witless-after all word does get out-however they might also not give a rats tushy hair about what we think or feel-which is what I believe to be the answer. With all due respect to Mr. Mallozzi for coming on talking to people-he is still as clear as mud on the answers for s/j-which -as i told Rogue-leads me to believe that:
    a. they are done talking about it-becuz it is over and done with never to see the light of day again.
    or
    b. they intend to string us along with it for at least another season.
    I pick "A"-otherwise I think the man would have answered us. But then maybe not-*shrug-I don't know him and I am not a mind reader
    but as Danny said-that is what I think about it-what do you think?
    I so am going along with your line of thinking...

I went over and read Joe's answers and they seriously were *As clear as mud* BUT I am choosing to believe what I want and how I took his answers is
    Spoiler:
    Sam & Jack are fishing together FINALLY and to TPTB that is Sam & Jack getting together
    AT always said that is how she would like to see things end up ...so I think it was a cop out BUT it put them on the right path
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Okay...OT Alert

Soz

In Scotland, we have Primary school, going from Primary one to Primary Seven.

Then we have secondary school, in which we either go to a high school (normally catholic) or an Academy (Non denominational). I go to the latter.

It is madatory to attend until you are 16, but you can stay on for another two years, up to 6th year...in other words...year eleven.

Back on Topic

POWER TO SAM, JACK, PENGUINS, SHIPPERS, DOCTOR SHIPPER AND COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Arrh! okay! Thanks!

Zika
      Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

One aspect I really want to see TPTB push forward is this whole notion that
        Spoiler:
        Replicarter brought up about Sam and how she has all this greatness in her and untapped potential but buries it instead of exploring it.

I mean there have been a few episodes in which Carter came up with a few out-of-this-world solutions that worked and it showed that spark, but I really want to see the directors and writers push forward this whole arc about carter and this thing about her which I think would have/could have shown through instead of what happened with spud boy (I think thats what you are referring to Tame)
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
          Wow that is very good, what programme did you use?
          I did the both the Titanic manip and the "Jack's house" from Full Alert" manip in Photoshop CS... In fact, I do practically everything in Photoshop CS...

And thank you btw!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What does everyone think of the latest news on GW ?
            And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by PoeticTragedy
              What does everyone think of the latest news on GW ?
              Sorry, but what is GW? (Gateworld!!!?)

Zika
              Zika

Comment

Originally posted by Zika
                Sorry, but what is GW? (Gateworld!!!?)

Zika
                Oh sorry yes GW is Gateworld the news is about the new theme to season 9
                And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Ok ..just trying my new sig

Do you like it ?!!!

Caty
                  it's fabulous! Keeping in high spirits i see!
                  *sigh* always good to keep the optimism, stops me going into withdrawal so quickly

--Tan

Comment

Arh! Thanks! I'm just check them!

Zika
                    Zika

Comment

Originally posted by Zika
                      Arh! Thanks! I'm just check them!

Zika
                      Cool I think it should take the show in a whole new direction

Comment

Yeah, I can't remember if it was CJ or MS who mentioned at the Dallas Con that they were Season 9
                        Spoiler:
                        going to have a ep dealing with King Author days. They didn't go into any detail, of course. Just mentioned it in passing.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          adding my two cents here

I too *used* to be fanatic about my Sci-Fi Friday...no calls...and NO you can NOT talk to me during the episode ....but I found myself this last season picking up the book I was reading and glancing at it more and more and NOT just during the commercials

I really enjoyed SG1 as a Sci-Fi action/adventure show and never really thought I would come to *expect* a whole lot...but then in season 4 D & C made it CLEAR that these two people had feelings for each other and *It was more then they were supposed to* and I fell in love with THAT story

The show progressed with subtle hints of Sam & Jack and I was a TOTALLY happy fan .....
                          Spoilers for Season 7 & 8
                          Spoiler:
                          enter *Spud Boy* I would have been fine with a *plot device* to explore Sam's personal side and issues. I would have enjoyed getting to know the *Softer side* of Sam. But what I got to see was the Strong female lead NOT revealing a softer side but being TOTALLY overshadowed by a weak-kneed, spineless, controlling, & manipulative man. I watched this strong woman falter in leadership, become indecisive, and I watched her basically fall apart...
                          ...I blame TPTB for not even trying to write a plot device that was even remotely true to her character and IMHO making her look like a schmuck.

Now at the end of Season 8
                          Spoilers for Mobieous(sp)
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam seemed back in *control* of herself. She WAS leading the team, she stood behind her decisions heck she was MAKING decisions and I saw even the AU Sam taking matters into her hands...*If she was going to die then by god she was gonna go kissing a hot guy* Now that may not be the best way to define AU Sam BUT I see it as that mousy woman was not going to die without doing *Something* that SHE wanted to do
                          So between AU Sam's resolve AND the Jaffa being cowed at the Puddlejumper *our* teams future is now back on track with a *few* minor changes

The biggest thing I noticed is when TPTB let AT and RDA *use* their NATURAL chemistry to play out a Sam & Jack scene it just SCREAMS Love and when AT is allowed to play Sam in a stong manner the character of Sam just shines.

I was talking with a few friends about this last season and we all agreed that RDA really IS the glue that made this *Team* so *Larger then Life* and his diminished time was really felt this season.

Again I say I can only *hope* that with an actor as charismatic as Ben Browder and with new storylines to develop TPTB will rise once again to the challenge of writing an excellent show AND maybe have the characters be a bit more *normal* and I don't know about the rest of you....but the world I live in...people deal with whatever the situation is, they have NORMAL feelings of attraction AND they ACTUALLY talk about them OR even act on them.
                          Well said Tame!!!!!

I really hope that they don't go wrong with Ben Browders character, they need a strong, honest leader, but also someone with whom the team can connect on a similar level as they did with Jack (with the obvious exception of Sam's love for jack) because, otherwise, the whole team dynamic wont be the same, and may fall apart

I just hope TPTB use this opportunity well, and use it to it's full effect, rather than miss the opportunity, like they have done before with other things.

--Tan

Comment

If anyone is on at the moment I could use your help.

I need an episode where Sam and Jack are in the same screen,
                            both facing forward, looking at each other preferably in desert
                            fatigues. If you can't think of any desert fatigue episodes, any
                            would do. I need three more.

Thanks
                            ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Thanks
                              ForeverSG1
                              My sig pic has them doing just that, except they're not in desert fatigues. I'll see if I can think of some more for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Thanks
                                ForeverSG1
                                What about *Full Circle*...when they are on Abydos?
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X