X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooohhhh
    well thats ok then
    hehe

i mean it wouldnt suprise me if i did get a bad rep point sometimes..but yeah....its all good
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
    http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
    http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

God, I love Sam and Jack....

*sighs in shippy haze*

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Reasons why
        Spoiler:
        I hated Citizen Joe . . .

1. I found the character of Joe to be very annoying. In a situation where, I'd think, they'd want the viewer to be sympathetic, he was anything but. He didn't become mildly likable until the last ten minutes.

2. The habitual mention of any other woman in Jack's life *except* Sam. The stuff with Lara made me want to throw up, and, of course, they *had* to mention Kynthia. Yes, there was that one nice reference to his feelings for Sam, but it was nearly to the end of the ep, after going completely ignored prior to that point.

3. Daniel obsession. Need I say more?

4. The complete lack and total disrespect for Jonas. The "he was okay but . . ." angered me. Not to mention there wasn't a single clip with him.

5. Do they really expect us to believe that General Jack O'Neill would discuss the SG program in a public park in front of whoever happens to be ambling by?

6. And on that same front, this ep *really* made Jack look stupid. He's been seeing visions for seven years and never mentioned it??? Pulease!!

7. Most strongly, I really felt that this ep was insulting the fanfic writers. The depiction of somebody in a dark room in front of a typewriter or computer putting out stories was so uncomplimentary, it was aggravating. Am I the only one who saw this fun-house-mirror look at those of us who write?

Anyway, all of this is just MO. Normally, you know I don't go on so, but I just *had* to vent. Forgive me if you were insulted in any way.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

It's ok Mary! We all were venting about something this week. Citizen Joe was cute but I expected more: less on Joe life and more scenes with Jack and Sam. But considering how the stories have been going this season, it wasn't that bad. I laughed!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            Reasons why
            Spoiler:
            I hated Citizen Joe . . .

1. I found the character of Joe to be very annoying. In a situation where, I'd think, they'd want the viewer to be sympathetic, he was anything but. He didn't become mildly likable until the last ten minutes.

2. The habitual mention of any other woman in Jack's life *except* Sam. The stuff with Lara made me want to throw up, and, of course, they *had* to mention Kynthia. Yes, there was that one nice reference to his feelings for Sam, but it was nearly to the end of the ep, after going completely ignored prior to that point.

3. Daniel obsession. Need I say more?

4. The complete lack and total disrespect for Jonas. The "he was okay but . . ." angered me. Not to mention there wasn't a single clip with him.

5. Do they really expect us to believe that General Jack O'Neill would discuss the SG program in a public park in front of whoever happens to be ambling by?

6. And on that same front, this ep *really* made Jack look stupid. He's been seeing visions for seven years and never mentioned it??? Pulease!!

7. Most strongly, I really felt that this ep was insulting the fanfic writers. The depiction of somebody in a dark room in front of a typewriter or computer putting out stories was so uncomplimentary, it was aggravating. Am I the only one who saw this fun-house-mirror look at those of us who write?

Anyway, all of this is just MO. Normally, you know I don't go on so, but I just *had* to vent. Forgive me if you were insulted in any way.
            Not insulted in any way Buc. There were parts that made me laugh and references that were funny, but there was something about it that rubbed me the wrong way too.
            S8 Citizen Joe (nothing ship related)
            Spoiler:
            Re: your #7 --- I saw it too, and not just at fanfic writers; at on-line fans as a whole group; we're investing a wee bit more of our time to our varying degrees of 'obsesstivity' than an average 'I just watch it Friday nights & that's it' fan and I interpreted some of what I saw as a dig on several levels, not just on the fanfic level & I'm not sure if I liked it, even if TPTB say hey, it's satire & all in good fun.....

But just my feelings after my first time watching it...
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              *glances over to disregarded soapboxes*

THAT topic is a pet peeve of mine too, Bren. There 'are' successful RSTs that turned out better than the eternal UST ride. No one seems to want to bring them up for examples. I could easily pick ten ppl off this thread that could write a credible and stimulating relationship between Sam and Jack that would still hold the interest of the viewers. Yes, it's harder to write than an occasional shippy glance or touch, but so bloody what. If I were one of the writers on Stargate (and really had the power to go with this arc the way I wanted), Sam and Jack would already be married with child two on the way. I know that doesn't excite everyone, but I like seeing the relationship grow and progress past the should-I-ask-him-out-on-a-date stage. The only thing stopping the ptb (ANY ptb) is they don't want to do it enough. Really, it's that simple.

*adds newest soapbox to collection*

Sally
              I agree they didn’t. And they could have. And RST wouldn’t have alienated everyone if done right. I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I think many of us aren’t looking for that Sam-n-Jack hour, but more for subtle acknowledgements here and there so as to see and know that the ship was sailing in the right direction. That would have been great. I agree about seeing the ship grow past that initial phase it’s been stuck in for 4+ years. Good ship is more than just about the wedding day (or wedding night!!) (Though those can be very *nice.* ) Good ship is about the day-to-day, about how they will support each other and react in crisis, about how their partnership will weather the stormy seas ahead, about showing their encouragement and love for one another & that they finally have an honorable, wonderful partner to share the joys and triumphs of life with, as well as the trials.
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Yea! The Shipper family is back!

Haven't gotten the chance to surf the web much, so don't say anything.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  How about Loyal Advisors?
                  LOL!!! At first I read that as 'legal' advisors & thought, yep, a few attorneys in the back of the battle bus might not be such a bad thing in case things got really ugly out on the front lines!!!

Comment

Hola Ship Family!

Fly By posting....as RL has made me really work and work and work! Just finished watching Citizen Joe and laughed my a$$ off the whole time and so did hubs!!!!

Spoiler:
                    Yes, yes, I'm a spoiler person and well - I knew what was coming, but it wasn't nearly as funny in the reading as it was in the seeing!

I loved the S/J ship with the opening conversation. We watched it twice....I bugged hubs to see if he thought it was as shippy as I had been hearing and as I thought it was and his words were that was a very flirtatious conversation....one between a couple w/a relationSHIP!

In any case....I think Joe encapuslates all fans from every spectrum....depending on if you are a Friday night watcher to fanfic writer to obsessive SG watcher...and I would fit into all 3 categories...over the last few years. I think it was like they had seen all the issues here and wrote about it all the while having fun. I read Buc's post, and really - I think it was all in fun, both having fun with us as fans and them as TPTB also.

My hubs and I laughed our collective a$$es off during the infirmary scene....that is just a classic scene and the timing and dialog is EXCELLENT!!!! He is a shipper at heart! He quoted...."that whole Pete Shanahan thing...." He would tell Carter that if faced with the chance!

We really enjoyed this and I think it's a great ep! I think that TPTB....have a finger on their pulse and ours.....at least in this ep!

Off to watch Atlantis and have more beer, ice cream and a GREAT Sci Fi Friday!!!! A Great end to a very hard week of RL!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks for all the great spoilers and fun discussion!!!!

S

Comment

and im back... god i was a total b*tch at wk.. .yea i was in a frakkin piss poor mood... all cuz i had to miss SG1 & SGA... (yea i can be in a mood at times.. and people learn to duck the other way.)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        I am SO looking forward to Citizen Joe

and if I get to see the episode I will be here but if I don't I will have to wait it out ....I REALLY don't want to be spoiled BEFORE I see it

TAME!!!!!! Nice Sig....I share your taste in favorite men!!!

In any case....what did you think of CJ....now that it's aired in AZ!

It's been raining so much in AZ....all we can do is stay in and watch CJ because no AZians know how to drive in rain!

S

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          LOL!!! At first I read that as 'legal' advisors & thought, yep, a few attorneys in the back of the battle bus might not be such a bad thing in case things got really ugly out on the front lines!!!
                          Well, that might be a good idea! You know how much legal trouble we got in on our last trip. Had to use gas money to bail a few out.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Was the older son in CJ, Peter Delouise's son.
                            sigpic

Comment

night night shippers, or morning i should say as its 4.30 am
                              Carolyn

Comment

Nighty Night Samisjacksgal!!!! Hope you sleep well, shippy dreams!

--Tan
                                (i should go to sleep too, being it's 4:40am.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X