This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    I hope so too!!!! I really hope TPTB wise up!!!!
    Ship will happen, I just know it will, I have a hunch, and my hunch's always come true.

If you ship them, it will happen...or something like that

Amra

Comment

Right I've babbled enough now. Going to sleep now, need to sleep off wild excess of cookies! COOKIES! mwahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Have fun y'all
      Just like to say, thanks for making me feel welcome Ship Family, I've never known a forum quite like this one
      night!

Amra

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
        Lol, i've only seen three- the important ones I think you all know what I mean- And I would give you a medal if I had any although I would keep one for myslef.

See Ship Nana, she'd give me a medal!! And I had to watch "Sacrifices" at a motel, and couldn't tape it back home (due to reasons we won't go into), so I can't go back to see the Sam/Jack corridor scene. Oh, the sacrifices!!

Comment

I know I'm a bit late, but happy birthday from me, too, NikkiRose! Hope it was the best ever!

- Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Nikkirose!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amra

Are you Sally as in Sally who writes really great fics?

Amra
              Well, I write fics, but they sure aren't great. You're thinking of the GREAT Sally Reeve. Here's her website addy: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar

Apparently ship was an invention of the actors rather than the writers.
                That's really... wacked out. I'm sure it was 'scripted' that Sam jumped Jack in the locker room in Broca Divide, and that was the fourth ep of the first season. And going even farther back to the first ep, I'm sure it was scripted that there was a sexual spark between them when they first met. Jack's line, 'Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists.', was acted with a flirty nature to me (RDA's EYES and SMIRK!!!). And Sam's reply, 'Colonel, I logged over 100 hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War. Is that tough enough for you? Or are we going to have to arm wrestle?', felt just as flirty (arm wrestle! ). I saw right off the bat that the writers were pairing them off. It really hit more when Sam played tongue hockey with Jack three eps later. I find it kind of funny (and weird and something else) that RCC is saying the actors started it, when they didn't write the eps that did. Hmmmm...

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  I liked what Sally said there too! I darn near split my gut laughin' so hard!!
                  (((((((mad_gater))))))))

I've got a question for you. Going by the first thing that pops into your head, what scene would have been better with a shippy spin on it?

To answer my own question, the first thing that came to mind was in season 5's Desperate Measures. Sam had just been rescued by Jack from being murdered by the meanie scientists. While Amanda did a *wonderful* job of being overwhelmed for a moment, I think it should have continued. Like (and here's my scene) when Sam and Jack went into the hallway to hunt down Adrian Conrad. I think it would have been interesting to see Sam still tense and even a bit shocky. Maybe have them begin to move down the hall, but Jack sees Sam's hands shaking out of the corner of his eye. He stops them and tells her to calm down. I'm sure she'd protest, but Jack would motion to her hands which she'd see were shaking.

Sam - "I'm fine, sir."
                  Jack - "I don't think so." *motions to her hands*
                  Sam - *frowns and sighs*
                  Jack - "You know the drill, Major." *sees her confused expression* "Count it down. Close your eyes and take some deep breaths*

Sam would, but (and here's the shippy spin) slowly she would move foreward until her forehead was resting on Jack's chest. Nothing extreme, just her needing some human contact (and secretly needing Jack). I could see Jack temporarily take aback, but quickly bringing his hand to her back and rubbing it. The scene wouldn't have to last long, but it would a- show that Sam was human and needed some time after almost being murdered, and b- that Sam wanted comfort from Jack.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

The scene most in need of a shippy spin??

Sacrifices spoilers....
                    Spoiler:
                    Definitely the wedding scene in Sacrifices. It was crying out for some sort of lingering look between Jack and Sam, and really would have added emotional impact for me

that just happens to be how I feel about it! What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      Well, I write fics, but they sure aren't great. You're thinking of the GREAT Sally Reeve. Here's her website addy: http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/

Sally
                      Sally you are TOO great
                      1) you are Aunt Sally!!
                      2) you write well thought out insightful posts about Sam & Jack!!
                      3) well you ARE the Shipper Rehab Administrator
                      4) you love me
                      5) You are always positive that our Ship will come in NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS!!!
                      6) This is the most important reason of all - you are great because the Shipper Family LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((SALLY))))))))))))
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That's really... wacked out. I'm sure it was 'scripted' that Sam jumped Jack in the locker room in Broca Divide, and that was the fourth ep of the first season. And going even farther back to the first ep, I'm sure it was scripted that there was a sexual spark between them when they first met. Jack's line, 'Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists.', was acted with a flirty nature to me (RDA's EYES and SMIRK!!!). And Sam's reply, 'Colonel, I logged over 100 hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War. Is that tough enough for you? Or are we going to have to arm wrestle?', felt just as flirty (arm wrestle! ). I saw right off the bat that the writers were pairing them off. It really hit more when Sam played tongue hockey with Jack three eps later. I find it kind of funny (and weird and something else) that RCC is saying the actors started it, when they didn't write the eps that did. Hmmmm...

Sally
                        Very well said Sally...
                        I too find it ODD that TPTB seem to back pedal whenever they feel the need to and blame what ever is handy at the moment for the ship.

I was talking to Marimba tonight and she also made a good point. Has anyone noticed that since Affinty...the ratings have YET TO RECOVER??? the boyfriend that brought down the ratings ...ok so not really but it was a fun fantasy. However I do think that fans overall are a bit preturbed at the way the story lines are going and THAT is completely RCC's fault...He is the man in charge this year....Methinks someone needs to have a chat with him......
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

(((((((mad_gater))))))))

I've got a question for you. Going by the first thing that pops into your head, what scene would have been better with a shippy spin on it?

To answer my own question, the first thing that came to mind was in season 5's Desperate Measures. Sam had just been rescued by Jack from being murdered by the meanie scientists. While Amanda did a *wonderful* job of being overwhelmed for a moment, I think it should have continued. Like (and here's my scene) when Sam and Jack went into the hallway to hunt down Adrian Conrad. I think it would have been interesting to see Sam still tense and even a bit shocky. Maybe have them begin to move down the hall, but Jack sees Sam's hands shaking out of the corner of his eye. He stops them and tells her to calm down. I'm sure she'd protest, but Jack would motion to her hands which she'd see were shaking.

Sam - "I'm fine, sir."
                          Jack - "I don't think so." *motions to her hands*
                          Sam - *frowns and sighs*
                          Jack - "You know the drill, Major." *sees her confused expression* "Count it down. Close your eyes and take some deep breaths*

Sam would, but (and here's the shippy spin) slowly she would move foreward until her forehead was resting on Jack's chest. Nothing extreme, just her needing some human contact (and secretly needing Jack). I could see Jack temporarily take aback, but quickly bringing his hand to her back and rubbing it. The scene wouldn't have to last long, but it would a- show that Sam was human and needed some time after almost being murdered, and b- that Sam wanted comfort from Jack.

Sally
                          Sally I really like that!!
                          I need to think a bit before I answer this.. But I wanted to comment on how well you made that scene just a *Bit more* with just a few gestures. Also it wasn't over the top and it was in line with the story...Now why can't TPTB do this sort of thing??? Bravo Sally

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Sally you are TOO great
                            1) you are Aunt Sally!!
                            2) you write well thought out insightful posts about Sam & Jack!!
                            3) well you ARE the Shipper Rehab Administrator
                            4) you love me
                            5) You are always positive that our Ship will come in NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS!!!
                            6) This is the most important reason of all - you are great because the Shipper Family LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((SALLY))))))))))))
                            Tame....

(((((((((((((((((((((((((TAME))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are the brightest star on a dark and scary night. You are also my wonderful friend and I DO love you. Thank you, sweetie.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

the scene that needs just a bit of Ship...........

the first scene that comes to my mind already has some ship in it
                              Metamophisis after Sam has been through the gene thing and is having some issues......she is sitting next to Jack and Teal'c is looking at her and Jack tells her to rest. Sam lays her head on Jack's shoulder.
                              My addition is along the same lines as Sally's just pure human contact and a need for Jack.
                              If after Sam laid her head on his shoulder she quietly slipped her hand into his and we see her lace her fingers into his. Jack would be a bit startled but then he would tighten his fingers in hers. Just to *be there* for her.

Comment

Tame....

(((((((((((((((((((((((((TAME))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are the brightest star on a dark and scary night. You are also my wonderful friend and I DO love you. Thank you, sweetie.

Sally
                                well how can I NOT HUG you back after THAT
                                (((((((((((((((((((SALLY)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Working...
                                X