This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    marimba26 the special should have been called letdown instead of lowdown.I am not looking forward to Atlantis and I am still not that excited about Season 8.I still find it hard to believe there will not be as many offworld episodes in Season 8.Can anyone see SG-1 and Daniel in particular being happy with only a few offworld missions?
    ((((((((((ses110)))))))))) Yep, I was disappointed too. The trailers for Atlantis were starting to look exciting to me (could that be because we haven't had very many trailers for SG-1, hmmm, coincidence? I think not!)
    But the lowdown didn't show us much that held my interest. I don't like McKay (I've always thought he was a bit pretentious) and it looks like Tori Higginson is a bit goofy--I sure hope she can act. Teyla and Shepherd interest me but I'm reserving judgment until I actually see them on the show.
    And as for any kind of ship--I am NOT going to get on this sucky roller coaster ride again. Either ship or no ship but no more splinters from sitting the fence!

I think the TPTB are trying to have Sam as the lead but RDA and the Jack character is the straw that stirs the drink IMO.If TPTB think the show can move on without RDA and not lose anything they are sadly mistaken IMO.
    I think Season 7 made it VERY clear that AT can't carry the show. It just isn't the same without RDA.

It is very clear that Antlantis has taken priority over SG-1 and Season 8 will suffer because of all the resources going to Atlantis.
    It does seem that way, doesn't it? Now instead of going out on top, SG-1 will fizzle from lack of funds for a spin-off that may (or may not) make it. It's too bad, I think.

In regards to Pete the problem with Pete is the way he makes the Sam character look and all the time it takes away from Sam and Jack.Seeing Sam and Jack get together in the last 5 minutes of the last SG-1 show is not good enough and right now it looks like that is where we are heading.If that is the case I will never buy another SG-1 product or never watch Atlantis again.We should get 2 solid episodes of Sam and Jack in a relationship to enjoy after 8 years of loyal viewing.Sorry for the long post.This is my first post in thread VI.
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm perfectly content ending at the end of Season 7. I can imagine what happens after that. SO if they totally screw up Season 8 then I have a pretty healthy imagination and I figure there's enough shippy fanfic out there to keep me going for YEARS without ever buying another DVD. Good night--I'm beginning to sound like some of the negativity I've read elsewhere--YIKES!! Gotta snap out of this!

Glad to have you back, btw!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      I just want her to talk about something else--anything else--besides Ptui! Or just be quiet! That would work too at this point.
      Jack needs to do his usual "Carter!--not now," grab her chin and pull her in for a kiss. That might shut her up.
      "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        count me in with my case of beer, enough fixin's for rum and coke for all of us, pizza, and Perry's chocolate panda paws ice cream!
        I'm in for a few gallons of Pina Coladas! (and I can make those virgin for you young uns, so no worries! )

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell

<snip>

I also feel that this whole Pete thing has left me rather negative about getting involved with another show by the same PTB. I have really enjoyed Stargate until the introduction of Pete in Season 7 and now I have this let down feeling that I can't seem to shake. I am still very optimistic about Season 8 and Sam and Jack getting together but somehow its different now. I'm not sad or mad, just let down and questioning a lot more, does this make sense? Anyway ...

This makes perfect sense. You've phrased what I've been feeling for a long time perfectly. It actually started for me when AT gave an interview last season called 'Stargate and the Single Girl', on Zap2It I think. And I've never been the same. Really, since that article, and *everything* since then, I'm: not joining Atlantis fandom, not continuing in Stargate fandom when the show ends, not going to Cons anymore, not going to buy season 5 onward dvds until I know how the show ends... it's like what you said, this down feeling you can't seem to shake. I have my good and bad days, and this is my good day and I'm going back to my happy and shiny place right now! Just wanted you to know Nickatell that I not only understand your feelings, I relate.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
            Don't ya know they are just high fiveing themselves on the Anti-shipper thread when they kept showing . But we are kinda like the cockroaches of the ship - not even Chernobyl can kill our spirit!
            Are you kidding? From what I've read, most of those folks hate him as much as we do! They don't want to see Sam's sordid love life any more than we do (with anyone other than Jack that is!). Nothing quite like a common passion to unite two disparate groups! FANDOM UNITE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              It takes alot of effort to keep my happy place beautiful....

But with all the fertilizer we've been getting lately, it's making my job easier.
              And they certainly have given us a lot of sh...um...*cough, cough*...PG forum and all.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                //"...And in Carter’s case, she wants to ... have the right to have a relationship, because she’s been denied that for a long time because of her relationship with O'Neill [Richard Dean Anderson], which has been very safe. ... //

WTF?!? for crying out loud...she's been denied?!?
                Yeah, sure, she's been denied...AND PIGS FLY!!!!!! The only people getting denied here are shippers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana

I think you hit the nail on the head about not feeling emotion between HIM and Sam. The chemistry is so absolutely NOT there. It's as if they are going thru the motions but with no deep feelings for each other.
                  I won't say that there was no chemistry between them -it's subjective and wholly based on the individual(s)- but I, myself, wasn't attracted to them as a couple. I want a sky full of fireworks!... and I got a cigarette lighter. But that's just my taste.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    We may finally get to see Sam and Jack go fishing.Who needs anything else when you have two friends fishing.What a way to end the show.Where do I sign up for that ending.
                    That would be a sweet ending. Although...if they're gonna do another movie then who knows what could happen on the big screen. More Jack nakege...maybe a certain Lt. Colonel peeking...Oh the possibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      oh, yeah...sad but somewhat true...just had some guy )?!?) telling me and bunch how its almost impossilbe to have a career in research science and have kids...even though most profesors I know are married and many hjave kids...
                      I distinctly remember BCM's sig once having something about a clue-by-four...hmmm...maybe one of those is in order here...

Lord knows, TPTB could sure benefit from one right now! (See, I can bring ANYTHING back to Stargate!)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        "Pete"
                        How's that for scary?
                        YEP!!! THAT'S SCARY!!!

YIKES--All this frustration has gotten me a promotion!

Comment

Honestly I've never found Pete attractive. But when it comes to Sam, he's just down right hideous. Her and Jack just look good together. And from day one they've sat or stood next to one another, quite frequently, and the image of them as a couple is forever branded in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            I don't know from what I am reading most of them would RATHER have because he wouldn't be on the show very much and then they see it as a way to *Get back to the Show*
                            At least from what I've read, they seem to hate Sam's love life in general. From that Point of View--Chernobyl was just as bad for them as for us. An important, mythology-related DANIEL story was compromised due to Sam's love life. Or so I've heard many Daniel lovers complain. It seems the only people who actually *like* Pete are those who don't like Jack but want some sort of ship (a rare breed). And as for seeing less of him, someone should inform them of PTB's plans...

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                              Spoiler Space for Season 8 and The Lowdown:

I can't say that RDA's comment made me overly confident. He can be so infuriatingly ambiguous. The man is very smooth. AT should take some lessons from him. Maybe then she wouldn't get herself into so much trouble with the fans. Of course, it was obvious that they wanted her to say all of those things. If they hadn't, it would not have aired.

As for the rest...I was talking with someone this morning who I consider a casual fan. He watches regularly, but isn't someone who is involved to the point that he goes online or reads the genre mags. His only PR for the show comes from the TV, so he is virtually spoiler free. I asked him if he had watched The Lowdown and what he thought about the upcoming season. I like to hear his opinion, because I consider him an intelligent viewer and because his views are not tainted by spoilers or the opinions of the fandom like mine can be.

He was pleasantly surprised by the military promotions, but worried about how they would now use O'Neill - "contrary to the obvious promo on the show (The Lowdown) that this is going to be just as good, but different" (his words). He hopes that Carter gets to be a real command figure ("I love to see her kick butt. It's sexy."); but, he too, Ship Nana, was alarmed that they "focused so much on Carter and her boyfriend". More of his words: "What are they doing to her? Why are they pushing this boyfriend thing so much? She doesn't need a boyfriend to be sexy. She's always been sexy. Besides, the guy is lame. Carter deserves better. If they felt the need to pursue this boyfriend angle, they should at least have given her a cool guy. Like Jack. I liked the thing they had going with Jack. It didn't take over the show. Last night most of the Carter segment was about the lame boyfriend." I then interjected some of my fandom knowledge and told him that the insiders info is that they are allowing the characters to progress. That Carter's boyfriend was meant to show Sam experiencing a life outside the SGC, not necessarily to make her more of a sex object. He just laughed and looked at me like I was really naive. Then said sarcastically: "Yeah, that's why they didn't show all of those steamy sex scenes. And that's why Teal'c and Daniel and Sam don't all wear tight T-shirts these days". As for the character development, he said: "Teal'c, maybe. The rest...they might be taking a step backward. 'No-action' Jack. 'Boring' Daniel. (He liked the earlier more passionate, geeky Daniel. Thinks that he is used as just a boring diplomat now.) 'Woman-as-a-sex-object' Carter."

I don't agree to all of his views (except for the "lame" boyfriend one), but it was interesting to hear from someone who looks at the show from a less complex viewpoint than I do. I certainly don't think TPTB want Sam to be seen solely as a sex object (well maybe MGM and the SciFi Channel likes that image). I know AT does not want that for Sam. My casual-type fan friend sure got that impression last night though.
                              *Very* interesting take from your friend... very interesting. *nods*

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Forgot to say I love your new sig btw!
                                Thanks, and thanks again!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...