X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    Kel'dor better start running after that comment...FAST
    Kel'dor: Hate? Did I say hate? I meant love. I love all you gutter gals.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      suekay!!! you can't stop there!!!! more please!
      Currently writing chapter 11!!

It is The General's Hell you're reading btw?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
        Quick question for Gatecon attendees, past and present. I was just on Ruralstar's website, and am still reading the synopsis of this year's trip (Marimba included!). Anyway, my question is, did you guys seriously have to wait in line everytime you wanted a good seat for the forums? Somewhere I read you guys got in line at 4am? That is absolutely insane! If that is the way that Gatecon is run, I wouldn't be spending a dime to go. We had assigned seats for the entire weekend with Creation's con in Burbank, and we were smack in the middle in the 3rd row. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money, and spending so much time in line. What did you guys think of the overall experience?
        Well, overall I really liked the experience and the tix are more than $100 cheaper than Creation cons. Yes, it is sadly true though--we had to queue for everything. I hope that will change next year because there were literally HUNDREDS of complaints about the queueing policy and there were only 700 people there! So I think they're going to have to change something or risk losing a lot of ticket buyers. Wow--the third row, huh? How far out did you have to buy you ticket for that? That's really cool!
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Okay, looks like everyone needs a bit of shippiness to cheer up with...

Mel
          Oh, I love this!

Comment

Well, with all these other folks delurking, I figured I better join in too! *waves hello* I'm just another hopelessly devoted shipper girl (but I guess we can never have too many of those, right?). *rummages around the thread searching for cookies*
            Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I hope this darn thing works this time!!! Arrrgggggg!!!!
              I have such problems with the computer telling me it has an error and cannot find this site about 75% of the time. It really drives me NUTS!! There ,ranting and raving over.....
              Thanks for all the nice comments about my husband. He is a keeper. He did not make my gate for any occasion...just because.....he's trying to find a figure of Jack to put with it...maybe someday! He used to think I was the only one who watched or thought stargate all the time, that is until I started talking to all of you!! Thanks for being interested in the same thing. What a nice shipper family I've found!
              P.S. Welcome to all the new members...this is a really cool place to be

Comment

Yes, finally......well, I'm going off to read " THe General's Hell" in the sun! See you all later.

Comment

Originally posted by lostelf
                  Well, with all these other folks delurking, I figured I better join in too! *waves hello* I'm just another hopelessly devoted shipper girl (but I guess we can never have too many of those, right?). *rummages around the thread searching for cookies*

WELCOME LOSTELF!!!

Just grab a drink from MG's bar, and find ship nana for a cookie! (You can have one of mine just now though!).

Sit back, and enjoy the ride!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                    LMAO!! I can only hope! *trots over to Jack and Sam's, neatly avoiding MG's security system, locates beloved Daniel getting some.....um...."pointers", drags back to house to put pointers to good use... *
                    You foiled an Asgard security system?!?!?!?! Geez. I shoulda known that guy would be easy to seduce. He's fired effective immediately.

I knew I should've hired a female to operate that front security desk. That way KG couldn't seduce her way past that point. Should also equip said female security desk operator with Ancient personal shield device so that nobody can shoot their way past the front desk either.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      directing KG over to the Shipper hardware store for window blinds

I see Daniel is waiting for you to get home

Oh I know this is the S&J shipper Thread but we LIKE Daniel too (most of us)
                      Of COURSE we like Daniel!!! Especially when he's looking hot like he is in this pic! Oops! Wrong thread....

JACK AND SAM FOREVER!!

In a weak attempt to return to topic, who do you think will be the best man at their wedding, Daniel or Teal'c?

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        Shippers!

snip, snip

So those are some highlights of my con experience, besides meeting two members of our lovely shipper family. Oh, I forgot- they showed a very fun Stargate music video which showed, amongst other clips, the WoO and Broca kiss-- and the audience really cheered at those shippy moments. Shippers were in the house!

ship sistah

Thanks for the excellent update! I had a great time at the con. There’s nothing like an entire weekend of intensive Stargate to re-energize your soul and renew the passion. Best of all, I got to meet our very own Ship Sistah and T-Gate and her sister!

That video was great. It was a montage of clips set to “It’s Raining Men” by the Weathergirls. Every time they’d sing. . .

“It’s raining men, hallelujah,
                        It’s raining men, every specimen. . . “

They’d show the guys tumbling down the steps of the stargate, or being pitched though it, or coming through it out of the rain, etc. Then they’d sing . . .

“Long (Jack), blond (Daniel), dark and mean (Teal’c)
                        Rough and tough and strong and mean (assorted bad guys)”

The first time they sang the line. . .

“So that each and every woman
                        Can find the perfect guy. . . “

Jack dipped Sam in the WoO kiss and lots of people cheered. Not everyone by a long shot, but there was a solid, enthusiastic response to that and no boos!

The second time they sang that line they showed Sam grabbing Jack in the Broca Divide kiss which, again, got a big cheer. If you thought you heard something around 10:30 eastern time on Sunday, that was Sacme and I

WOO – HOO ing!!

Although we didn’t get any good news about S/J/P, we shippers were well represented. Ship Sistah, I think you’re right. We do outnumber the rest! All we need to do is focus on our mission, keep those cards and letters coming, and

WE WILL PREVAIL!!!!!

Edited to add: Sacme, did you get our shipper cookie pictures developed yet?

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by gatewatcher
                          Yes, finally......well, I'm going off to read " THe General's Hell" in the sun! See you all later.
                          I'll be updating it again within the hour btw!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lostelf
                            WELCOME LOSTELF!!!!!!

What would you like to drink today? Also here's some friendly bartender advice: I'd keep an eye on your Daniel clone if I were you. Kiwigater has this nasty habit of foiling security systems to get what she wants. And one of those things she wants is Daniel clones.

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome last night, everyone! This thread certainly grows quickly. ^^ So many awesome shippers, w00t!

Gah, I'd absolutely love to go to a Stargate con!!! Does anybody know the name of the "It's Raining Men" video, or anywhere that it can be downloaded?

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                In a weak attempt to return to topic, who do you think will be the best man at their wedding, Daniel or Teal'c?
                                Knowing Jack's extreme fondness for rules, I'm sure he'll just chuck any rules that apply to traditional weddings and have both Daniel and Teal'c somehow involved.

((and yes, Daniel hot too. ^^ droolage.))

Comment

Working...
                                X